• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

Trump runs for POTUS / Trumped Up! Part V

Status
Not open for further replies.
I posted without comment, thinking it was interesting.

On another thread, it's pointed out that CNN made an error - it was not the microphone, but something in the audio processing going to the speakers in the hall. So what was heard on TV was apparently not affected.

It can't have been very significant. Obviously Holt, Trump and Clinton could all hear and respond to each other, and the audience was admonished more than once to stop applauding comments they liked. I'm willing to bet that if there had been a serious problem they would have paused so the techs could fix it.
 
I said after Trump won the nomination that when the general election rolled around, he would not be able to withstand the scrutiny that goes with this unique spotlight. What I meant was that skeletons in his closet would come out that he couldn't cover up.

That has sort of happened, but what I didn't anticipate was his completely becoming unhinged. Complaints of bad microphones? Three o'clock tweets? This guy is losing it.


Not that it's a real stunning surprise. The reason he is so despised is not for his ideology. Sure, lots of people would hate any Republican, just as lots of people would hate any Democrat. However, the reason we hate this particular one is that he is unstable, narcissistic, and just a generally awful person. This week, I think we saw the real Donald Trump, and it isn't pretty. I just can't see a whole lot of people, after this week, saying, "Sure, I like the guy, but you know what would make him even better? Nuclear weapons!"
 
But it's Hillary Clinton who is terrible because her husband got a blowjob from a golddigger.

There are some folks, myself included, for whom the blowjob was never the issue.

It was the lying about it, both on a sworn deposition and to the American people, finger wagging and all.

And I don't think Monica Lewinsky deserves being called a "golddigger". What, in your mind, makes her one?
 
Last edited:
Do they live in swing states that have same day voter registration?


This is something which might present a conflict for conservatives. They are generally against anything that makes voting easier, because they suffer from an overwhelming fear (likely justified) that new voters tend to be more liberal.

If they thought they were losing out on the angry white guy vote because so many of them didn't bother to register their heads might 'splode.

This could be a good thing. I think we should try and promote the idea.
 
1) Is there really a sex tape? I have heard a claim that there is no such thing, and
2) Why does it matter whether she is an American citizen or not? Is he suggesting that it is ok to insult foreigners for their looks?


I can't imagine anyone that Trump wouldn't suggest it's okay to insult if they said something he didn't like.

Or for any reason at all, for that matter.
 
I knew he'd lose it when this common knowledge stuff made it to the front page.

I didn't anticipate so many people simply disregarding it.
 
A lot of **** is landing on Trump right now and yup, he's in meltdown mode again. But at least he has a strategy for dealing with the bad press...
"Anytime you see a story about me or my campaign saying "sources said," DO NOT believe it. There are no sources, they are just made up lies!"
No number of laughing dogs would do justice.

Was that the infamous 3 AM tweet?

Trouble sleeping? He's just a ball of anger and doesn't care how it looks to have a temper tantrum.
 
And he was still married to Ivana at the time. But it's Hillary Clinton who is terrible because her husband got a blowjob from a golddigger.

Say what you want about Monica Lewinsky the one thing she wasn't was a gold digger. I don't think she was looking to marry Bill or anything, but enjoy his company. If she hadn't told Linda Tripp none of us would know her name.
 
Realizing that a lot of people think it was insane, Trump's now defending his 3 a.m. tweet-binging. His comment was (I paraphrase 'cuz I'm too lazy to look it up), well, at least you know I'll be awake if that 3 a.m. call comes.


Yeah, awake and seeing monsters under the bed, wrapped in paranoid delusions.

"Comrade Donald, is Vlad. We are having caught two of your planes taking pictures over Vladivastok. We will address to United Nations Monday."

"Yeah? Well, I'll nuke your sorry ass if you say a thing. You still sleeping with Rupert's sloppy seconds? How's that going? I hear she's an ice cube."

Tweet goes out: Russian slut-banger says he has reliable sources our planes were over Russian territory. Loser. No wonder Russia's going out of business.
 
That time that Donald praised Sharia law.

"Men in Saudi Arabia have the authority to divorce their wives without going to the courts," Trump said. "I guess that would also mean they don't need prenuptial agreements. The fact is, no courts, no judges—Saudi Arabia sounds like a very good place to get a divorce."

http://m.motherjones.com/politics/2...mp-called-saudi-arabia-good-place-get-divorce

The article also notes that Donald plead the Fifth 97 times during his first divorce. Yet he was just complaining about people taking the Fifth. Such a hypocritical scumbag.
 
It was a bad week for Donald before this morning's tweet,and that tweet has blown up in his face big time.
I actually feel sorry for his campaign people. All the work they have done over the past few weeks has just gone down the tubes.

Trivia question: How will Eric Trump feel after calling his dad "courageous" for taking the high road in Debate #1 after he takes the low, low (underground?) road on Twitter?
 
Last edited:
As it is right now, if Trump continues to make the GOP look bad, they could potentially lose seats elsewhere, placing too much power in the hands of the Democratic party.
The House will definitely stay GOP. The Senate is overwhelmingly projected to stay majority GOP. State houses will remain majority GOP. Too much Dem power is the upside down thing to worry about. Worry about the GOP.
 
I think the "Defund Trump "option (shifting as much money as possible from the White House race into the congressional races) which was off the table for a couple of weeks,is back on the table as of this morning.

Isn't it too late for campaign funding issues to make a difference in voter outcomes?

ETA: Nvm. NoahFence asked the same question.
 
Last edited:
That time that Donald praised Sharia law.



http://m.motherjones.com/politics/2...mp-called-saudi-arabia-good-place-get-divorce

The article also notes that Donald plead the Fifth 97 times during his first divorce. Yet he was just complaining about people taking the Fifth. Such a hypocritical scumbag.

Is there a lawyer in the house? Since adultery is not actually a crime, can you avail yourself of the fifth amendment to avoid telling the truth in a civil suit? Is that what a divorce trial amounts to, or is that considered family law?

Does "incriminate oneself" include costing yourself money? I would think it applies to larceny or felony, e.g. criminal procedures.
 
Maybe somebody's already posted this, but anyway, excellent two-edged comment from Giuliani, complaining about Trump critics:

“Republicans are a bunch of frightened rabbits,” Giuliani said. “Unfortunately, we have a party made up of a bunch of people who get frightened very easily, and their hands start to shake whenever something happens that they don’t like.”

Ha, ha. Wish it were actually funny instead of deeply alarming, utterly accurate, and sad. Reason has left the now totally emotion-driven GOP. "Whatever I say is right by might! Gimme! Mine! Hands off! Gunz, oh, gunz! What do you mean, social contract? Commie!"
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom