• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

Trump runs for POTUS / Trumped Up! Part V

Status
Not open for further replies.
because one would expect that in order to have the passive right to vote, you should have the active one:
many convicts are not allowed to vote, yet they can be voted into office.

If I don't trust someone to be able to pick a president, why should that person be qualified to be the president?

First, the convict voting issue is statuatory, not mandated, and we shouldn't have it.

Second, and I think the core reason, is people like like Mandela and suu kyi should be allowed the chance to run to maintain government legitimacy.
 
because one would expect that in order to have the passive right to vote, you should have the active one:
many convicts are not allowed to vote, yet they can be voted into office.

If I don't trust someone to be able to pick a president, why should that person be qualified to be the president?

Because stripping a felon's right to become President would require a Constitutional amendment, and it's a lot of work. Stripping away his right to vote is no harder than stripping away his right to freedom or privacy or the right to own a gun. Those things are allowed as long as due process is afforded him.
 
Granting all that without rebuttal, you make my point: we survived 8 years of Bush2, we can take 4 years of Trump.

Remember, I'm not arguing Trump would be a good president, nor that he is a better candidate than Hillary. Just that it isn't doom and gloom and a nightmare, end-of-the-world scenario.
Yes, the U.S. survived 8 years of Bush. But under Bush, you had:
- Some of the worst economic times since the depression. (Granted, it wasn't ALL caused by Bush, but he was a contributing factor)
- the U.S. got involved in 2 wars. (I think the Afghanistan war was understandable, but the reasons for the Iraq war were a lot less clear)

It should also be noted that while Bush had his critics, he was still more rational than Trump in many ways:
- He had a better recognition of the value of free trade
- He did not try to inflame racial divides
- He actually had experience in the government
- He had fewer conflicts of interest

So yeah, the U.S. survived Bush. It would probably survive Trump, but it will likely be severely weakened (economically, diplomatically and socially) as a result.)
 
I don't know if this has been mentioned, but last year Trump's hotel company's computers were hacked. Not only did Trump not notify customers that their credit card info had been compromised, but he failed to implement any new security measures to prevent any more attacks. Less than a year later, they were hacked again.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/trump-hotels-credit-card-theft_us_57e57d5fe4b0e28b2b53e373

WASHINGTON ― Republican presidential nominee Donald Trump’s luxury hotel company agreed Friday to pay a $50,000 settlement and beef up its security systems after investigators found that Trump’s hotels failed to notify customers that a hacker had stolen their credit card numbers and personal information from Trump Hotel computers.

Following the initial identity theft in 2015, Trump’s hotels never implemented the cybersecurity plan they were given to prevent a second attack. As a result, Trump’s hotels and some of his condo properties were hacked again less than a year later. When banks alerted the company to the second hack in March, Trump Hotel Collection waited three more months before telling potential victims about the second hack.

Steve S
 
I don't know if this has been mentioned, but last year Trump's hotel company's computers were hacked. Not only did Trump not notify customers that their credit card info had been compromised, but he failed to implement any new security measures to prevent any more attacks. Less than a year later, they were hacked again.
See? All the more reason to vote for Trump. He has the experience dealing with computer break-ins!
 
Maybe so. I can't tell if your position is generated by a deeper perception of the situation or a wilder imagination.

Could you give just one (perhaps the most concrete) example of what you think Trump might do as president that would constitute his uniquely dangerous likelihood of damaging the country? (Please no Gish-list, just one so I know what you are predicting. An example of the type from the previous election might be, "Obama will confiscate our guns.")

What troubles me most about Trump is his delusional psychology. I think this is unique to him as a candidate--the other Republicans may have had horrible ideologies but they weren't delusional. A quick example is his insistence that he saw 1000s in NJ celebrating 9/11. This is just nuts--he might as well admit he also believes in chemtrails and HAARP as tools to control the masses. Take this personality, and put it in charge of our executive department--very scary!
If he can 'imagine' 1000s cheering, or high percentages of Muslims/blacks/fill in any minority doing heinous things, what will his decision-making be like? Do you want him insisting that he sees nuclear warheads headed our way?? True, executive power is limited, but it's not completely foolproof...we've never tested it with a delusional leader. I hope Trump isn't our test case, cause the stakes are too high.
 
What troubles me most about Trump is his delusional psychology. I think this is unique to him as a candidate--the other Republicans may have had horrible ideologies but they weren't delusional. A quick example is his insistence that he saw 1000s in NJ celebrating 9/11. .

Other delusional things.

*He got a letter from the NFL about changing the dates of the debates -
I mean, this is such a silly claim, because it is so easily denied. What's he going to do, insist that they did send him a letter?

*The whole "I was opposed to the Iraq war before it started." At this point, I'm sure he has convinced himself it is true, but it's obviously completely false.

*I saw something in the NYTimes list yesterday about how he claimed the Howard Stern show was the "first time he ever talked about Saddam Huissen.' However, it was noted that he has a section about him in his book years before that interview. OK, it's a ghostwriter, so we can disavow anything written in his book as being not by him?

*The claim that the debate moderator is a democrat. He obviously was totally clueless, but just makes things up. That's not even self-grandizing, it's an attempt at an ad hominem. Seriously, he invents things to use in an ad hominem argument.

*His flat out lie in the debate that he never tried to get casinos in Florida. He was flat out lying to Jeb Bush. I'm sure Bush was dumbfounded. "Dude, I was THERE. You tried."

Trump reminds me of the Eddie Murphy bit about women
Y'all start putting up with all kinds of crazy ****. I guess it's hard to find somebody that knows how to do it to you right, because when y'all find one, y'all stick through that man through all kinds of ********.

I know a man got busted coming out of another woman's house. Show you how far a woman will stoop. He got busted coming out of another woman's house. His woman saw him come out, knew that the woman lived there and didn't say ****.

Wait till they got home and said, "What the hell was you doing in that bitch's house?" You know what the man said?

"Wasn't me."

"I looked right in your face!"

"Wasn't me."

"Well, I'm supposed to be a fool, right?"

"Hey. Wasn't me."

You know what the woman said?

"Maybe it wasn't you."

That's what I hear when Trump denies all this crap: "Wasn't me."

And republicans are all like, "Well maybe it wasn't you?"

Of course, the context of the Eddie Murphy bit is that women do it because the guy gives her an orgasm like no other, and therefore she will put up with anything.

"Wasn't me"
 
Other delusional things.


Of course there's the court deposition in which he is asked about how he determines his net worth and he admits that he just makes up a number based on his feelings and attitude on a given day.

And he likes to think that he owns buildings that he really doesn't. In the same deposition he was asked about the Trump International Hotel in Waikiki. In interviews with the media he had claimed that he owns it, but in reality he just licenses his name to the owner. He has no equity in it. He said that in his mind, the licensing deal is a form of ownership. In his mind? He's living in a fantasy land.

Steve S
 
Of course there's the court deposition in which he is asked about how he determines his net worth and he admits that he just makes up a number based on his feelings and attitude on a given day.

And he likes to think that he owns buildings that he really doesn't. In the same deposition he was asked about the Trump International Hotel in Waikiki. In interviews with the media he had claimed that he owns it, but in reality he just licenses his name to the owner. He has no equity in it. He said that in his mind, the licensing deal is a form of ownership. In his mind? He's living in a fantasy land.

Steve S

I agree.
I would say that that type of thinking should be in the top ten reasons why Trump is unfit for the role of president.
 
So yeah, the U.S. survived Bush. It would probably survive Trump, but it will likely be severely weakened (economically, diplomatically and socially) as a result.)

I think a good percentage of Trump supporters would be like anti-vaxxers who have kids that got sick. Afterward they'll say, "What the **** was I thinking!?" The corrupt, mainstream media is more preferable to the crazy, even more corrupt, lunatic fringe.
 
I think a good percentage of Trump supporters would be like anti-vaxxers who have kids that got sick. Afterward they'll say, "What the **** was I thinking!?" The corrupt, mainstream media is more preferable to the crazy, even more corrupt, lunatic fringe.

There really are only two types of Trump supporters. Those getting conned, and those in on it.
 
I don't know if this has been mentioned, but last year Trump's hotel company's computers were hacked. Not only did Trump not notify customers that their credit card info had been compromised, but he failed to implement any new security measures to prevent any more attacks. Less than a year later, they were hacked again.


Sounds like he needs to add another 10 feet to the height of his firewall.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom