• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

Trump runs for POTUS / Trumped Up! Part V

Status
Not open for further replies.
hey - you trying to get a decent penthouse in New York for less than $100 million...

Of course, young Donald had it tough:
He lived for three months in a brown paper bag in a septic tank. He used to have to get up at six o'clock in the morning, clean the bag, eat a crust of stale bread, go to work down mill for fourteen hours a day week in-week out. When he got home, his Dad would thrash him to sleep with his belt!

I like the cut of your jib. Do you have a newsletter I can subscribe to?
 
Plenty of people who are great republicans are backing Trump.

It's easy to ask you for some names but that simple question would fail us both. You would name some "great" Republicans and I'd die laughing. Or you would name some Republicans who are forced to back Drumpf as mandated by party politics and I'd die laughing. And I know you want me to hang around.

So let me try another, more specific, approach. Name three high ranking Republicans who hold national office who supported Drumpf immediately after he announced his candidacy.

GO!
 
I haven't read the last few pages, but if it's shown that Trump's foundation money is being used for personal purposes, isn't that illegal? Wouldn't it be quite ironic if he were disqualified for the presidency based on that?
 
I haven't read the last few pages, but if it's shown that Trump's foundation money is being used for personal purposes, isn't that illegal? Wouldn't it be quite ironic if he were disqualified for the presidency based on that?

Yes, but not criminally so: in the past, Trump was fined for doing it and had to pay the money back to the foundation.

Oddly enough, being a convict does not disqualify you from being president.
 
hey - you trying to get a decent penthouse in New York for less than $100 million...

Of course, young Donald had it tough:
He lived for three months in a brown paper bag in a septic tank. He used to have to get up at six o'clock in the morning, clean the bag, eat a crust of stale bread, go to work down mill for fourteen hours a day week in-week out. When he got home, his Dad would thrash him to sleep with his belt!

And since no one else has said it.... luxury!. Tough would have been having to get up out of the lake at ten o'clock in the morning, clean the lake, eat a handful of hot gravel, work twenty hours a day at mill, for two pence a month, come home, and have dad would beat you around the head and arms with a broken bottle, if you were lucky!
 
Last edited:
If Trump loses, I hope he feels so compelled to tell his side of the story that he makes a movie about the election. I would be fascinated to see how he views these events?


I'm picturing a political version of the MASH episode "The Novocaine Mutiny".

He was running a perfect campaign, on his way to an inevitable victory, when his jealous, frightened, incompetent underlings panicked and sabotaged everything.
 

None of that has any probative value. Perhaps the Clinton campaign did extend an invitation to Cuban to be in the front row, and then withdrew it when they realized it could be worse for Hillary than for Trump. The one thing I like about Trump is he does understand the tit for tat strategy. Or in this case, tits for tat.
 
None of that has any probative value. Perhaps the Clinton campaign did extend an invitation to Cuban to be in the front row, and then withdrew it when they realized it could be worse for Hillary than for Trump. The one thing I like about Trump is he does understand the tit for tat strategy. Or in this case, tits for tat.

A tattoo artist bartering with her plastic surgeon?
 
None of that has any probative value. Perhaps the Clinton campaign did extend an invitation to Cuban to be in the front row, and then withdrew it when they realized it could be worse for Hillary than for Trump. The one thing I like about Trump is he does understand the tit for tat strategy. Or in this case, tits for tat.

The Clinton campaign and Cuban were baiting Trump. They thought he'd just tweet something stupid, furthering the "Trump is a Jackass" crowd's belief that Trump is a jackass. What they got, instead, was a bonus soupcon of smarminess.

The network has already announced that Cuban, nor any instigator, is going to ever be given a front row seat. I'm pretty sure the dems knew that. I'd venture a guess that Cuban may have also known it but couldn't resist the chance to poke him.
 
The Clinton campaign and Cuban were baiting Trump. They thought he'd just tweet something stupid, furthering the "Trump is a Jackass" crowd's belief that Trump is a jackass. What they got, instead, was a bonus soupcon of smarminess.

The network has already announced that Cuban, ...

It's not the network that makes these decisions, but rather the debate committee. In any case, it has already announced now. It hadn't already announced then.

... nor any instigator, is going to ever be given a front row seat. I'm pretty sure the dems knew that. I'd venture a guess that Cuban may have also known it but couldn't resist the chance to poke him.

Really? How does the debate commission decide who is an instigator or not? Do they have an investigation and a vote? Or do the various campaigns have veto power? I'm not asking you because I think you might know, by the way. Consider those rhetorical questions.
 
It's not the network that makes these decisions, but rather the debate committee. In any case, it has already announced now. It hadn't already announced then.



Really? How does the debate commission decide who is an instigator or not? Do they have an investigation and a vote? Or do the various campaigns have veto power? I'm not asking you because I think you might know, by the way. Consider those rhetorical questions.

Rhetorical answer to rhetorical question, then:

Duh, I don't know. Why don't you ask them. That is, essentially, their statement on this?

http://edition.cnn.com/videos/tv/20...cuban-will-not-sit-in-front-row-of-debate.cnn

Yeah, he didn't use "instigator", but his statement essentially says that. In this case, the campaigns were kind enough to rat themselves out ahead of time, so there's no actual guessing required. Now, could the Trump team give a front row position to a politico who annoys Hillary or upsets her - say Fonzie D'Amato if Trump could get his support? Or could the Dems, rather legitimately, put Elizabeth Warren or Barack Obama in the front row?

Apparently, according to Fahrenkopf, neither party is being quite that clever. Seriously.... Warren and Obama? Trump wouldn't be able to answer in complete sentences.
 
Apparently, according to Fahrenkopf, neither party is being quite that clever. Seriously.... Warren and Obama? Trump wouldn't be able to answer in complete sentences.

Who, precisely, should be on the front row to ensure that Trump can answer in complete sentences? Because I would be totally in favor of whatever it takes for a complete sentence from Trump and, dare I say it, a coherent argument or two.
 
Huh? Some guy just sitting there (remember, there's no audience participation) is going to troll Trump? In that case, he really is unable to function as prez if he's that delicate.


Every time you post about this you make Drumpf sound more and more delicate and easily flustered. You're doing your guy no favor with all these excuses.

Trump needs a "safe zone" and "trigger warnings", how progressive of him.
 
Why is that odd?

because one would expect that in order to have the passive right to vote, you should have the active one:
many convicts are not allowed to vote, yet they can be voted into office.

If I don't trust someone to be able to pick a president, why should that person be qualified to be the president?
 
Or, "weak guy" Obama underreacts to Russian jets buzzing US naval vessels, emboldening them and leading to more and more examples until one day things escalate into a confrontation; is that far-fetched?


edited to add: In no way meant as support for Trump. Just pointing out that not doing anything about incidents or failing to follow through on threats (Red line in Syria, for instance) may carry risks of their own.



Yes, I agree we should respond more often in measured, tit-for-tat fashion. A sensible commander-in-chief would ask their military for suggestions. I think Trump, given his personality, might insist an intemperant response. And FWIW, i thought the B-52 flyover of the Chinese island in the South China Sea showed Obama has some stones.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom