I just noticed that 538's now cast has Donald losing Arizona and Georgia.
LOL
Arizona? It has to be a very long time ago that went blue. If Trump was a normal GOP candidate, I'd say he'd still win that state, but Trump is anything but "normal". There's been this assumption by so many people that Trump was totally immune to having all the negative things he does hurt him.
But it's clear now, that really has never been the case. It was only the case among his supporters. Once the total population as a whole really got to know Donald, there was no way they'd actually like him. I said months ago that I despise Trump to the core even though I thought he was by far the most liberal candidate in the GOP field. I said he was petty, self centered and the most classless candidate I could ever remember. I thought all his childish insults were beneath not only a possible President but beneath any adult. That if I had a child that acts that way, he would be punished and taught that you DON'T treat people that way.
I vividly remember a famous feud he had with Rosie O'Donnell when she was on The View. Now Rosie is outspoken, no doubt, but Trump took that feud to a place that would be embarrassing for a ten year old, let alone a full grown successful adult.
He's repeated such bad behavior many times since. In Scotland, his battles against neighbors that wouldn't sell to him were beyond petty. He did things that were totally unnecessary. The things he said battling proposed wind farms made me embarrassed he was an American.
It's becoming crystal clear to everyone that Trump has few redeeming qualities. Maybe Trump will surprise us and turn this thing around and at least make it closer. But I think Trump would have to turn into an entirely different person. He would have to actually learn the issues. He'd have to become circumspect. He'd have to be "empathetic to others.
I just don't think you can transform yourself into an entirely different person in 45 days starting now. Everyone (with some exceptions) are seeing that this Emperor is naked. They are seeing him for who he is. Selfish, petty, childish, and woefully out of his depth. The problem for his campaign is that they need to get Trump out there if they stand a chance.
But I'm afraid that won't help. Because the best advertisement against Trump, is Trump himself. Hillary barely needs to run. Trump is the story. (he must love that) But he's a train wreck. It's not good, but we can't keep ourselves from looking.