acbytesla
Penultimate Amazing
- Joined
- Dec 14, 2012
- Messages
- 40,959
It's a tactic, very popular on the right at present. If Jihad Jane was attending politics discussions any longer, I credit her with being one of the first here to point it out and remind people of it.
To wit, if you can control the vocabulary, the language, and the tone of the debate, then you have taken control of the debate.
And actually, the exact opposite of ABP's position is taking hold, this is NOT helping Trump. He's trying to equate it to situations like when brain-dead morons caledl the POTUS a Mooslim Kenyan. Yes, that helped Obama because it was so patently full of ****. Smart conservatives were giving good advice when they tried to silence those idiots or distance themselves from them. It hurt the accusers and their associates far more than it hurt Obama, as we all know.
That is quite different from the down and dirty attacks on Trump. They're working. When the chorus of discussion on Trump is led by politicians getting in zingers, comedy writers building twenty minute monologues and skits on his latest buffoonery and the general public, including meek posters on an obscure internet forum, asking every second line, "Who is this *********** lunatic and what has the GOP come to that they could fall for this?"
Why would I, who actually find him to be a dangerous demagogue, tone it down? Treating him with any respect just elevates him from his position of guttersnipe. Why would we want him lifted to "respected opponent", e.g. say Adlai Stevenson meriting better treatment by the Kennedy brothers? Trump hasn't earned anyone's respect, and were I not a borderline pacifist, I'd actually say he merits someone punching him in his smirking visage but being that borderline pacifist, I'll settle for ripping him to shreds figuratively.
Try as I might, I couldn't have said it better. BRAVO!!