Archie Gemmill Goal
Banned
- Joined
- Nov 18, 2015
- Messages
- 8,324
Because the people who voted for them didn't realise that a centrist party that had spent the previous two decades talking about coalition governments might actually form a coalition government.
Oh, and their bloody stupid move pre-2010 election of signing some daft "we will not budge on this" thing re: uni fees. Just handed people a stick to hit them with, for something they really were in no position to enforce.
Was it that they formed a coalition or who they formed it with? It seems odd to suggest that the correct reaction to the collapse of Lib Dems for abandoning their principles and adopting Tory policies to get some power is to abandon your principles and become more Tory to get some power.
You can't be serious. Where is the evidence of this left wing surge in the electorate?
Scotland for a start.
I think that is true however there has to be a point where it is going too far left and the new supporters added are outweighed by those lost. I suspect, were he be given his way fully, Corbyn would have crossed that line. There is also the individual x factor appeal that attracts people irrespective of the politics. I think Corbyn lacks that.
I agree. However all the other possibles lack it too.