Archie Gemmill Goal
Banned
- Joined
- Nov 18, 2015
- Messages
- 8,324
Corbyn's is no doubt supported my a majority of Labor members. But I'll bet he is not supported by the majority of Labor supporters and voters. Relative few people are members of parties.
That's true. But it is not the supporters or voters who determine who is the leader of the party. If they so wish they can join the party and gain a vote for the princely sum of £3 apparently. Many people have done so in the past few days and apparently party membership is at record levels. Many have done so to support Corbyn.
Listen I don't think Corbyn is very good or very electable either but apparently many people want him to be there and I have to respect their opinion as much as I have to respect the people who voted to Leave the EU. Simply demanding change because you don't like the result of a democratic process isn't really the right way to go about it.
The people who back Corbyn deserve as much of a voice as anyone and if they are a majority of the party then the party should reflect that even if it means they don't get to form the government.