There's another aspect of this topic I've always found troubling. But I don't know how to word it to make sense. I'm gonna try, but forgive me if it doesn't come out quite right....
You see, here is where the block of butter gets cut:
Some of the "sensationalized" claims were even corroborated - several of the witnesses reported that whenever they were with Jackson in his bedroom, there was a special alarm system that would give Jackson advance warning if anyone was coming down the hall toward the bedroom. There's only one practical function for such a system; a function Jackson's defense unwittingly acknowledged when they used it to undermine the credibility of one of the accusers (who claimed to have snuck down the hall at one point and opened the door of Jackson's bedroom to witness an oblivious Jackson molesting his brother, a circumstance the defense correctly pointed out that the alarm would have prevented).
For me, installing such an alarm system would be ludicrous. It would be expensive, and cumbersome. It would require shopping for a system that would suit my needs, work in my house, and fit within my budget (ha ha ha). It would require workmen to come to the house, require furniture to be moved and holes to be cut and I-don't-know-what-else. Probably a service contract, too, for ongoing maintenance and upgrades and repairs.
In short: it would require time, effort, money and professional help.
But for someone like MJ, all it required was to be unexpectedly awoken one morning. Just once. Someone pops open the door, sees him lying in bed and say "Oh, excuse me, sir...you're late!" He says "Damn! I need an alarm to let me know you're coming down the hall" and
that is all it takes. A nod, a "yes, right away" and at the end of the workday, there's an alarm.
If I had his money! I'd have alarms and bells and whistles and blinky lights for everything imaginable. I'd have a machine that made me coffee and a doughnut five minutes before I woke up. I'd have a fridge that wouldn't need to be opened -it would give me a scrolling menu of all the contents, and suggested recipes! I'd have an escalator going downstairs and an elevator going up. I'd have an automatronic violinist playing me to sleep, and a gizmatic rooster with
real feathers! to wake me up in the morning.
And I'd need people to help me make the damn things work.
Jackson could not have done the things he's accused of doing without HELP. No amount of money, or fancy alarm systems or super secret beacons or whatever would've prevented the employees and other guests to have seen what was happening. His behavior was constantly being monitored by dozens of people. Hell, every time the man changed his clothes, someone wrote an article for the Enquirer.
Yet, none of those people -the employees, the other guests, the technicians that kept his house and amusement park running, the people who fed his pets, the people who watered the roses- none of them were (as far as I know) ever charged with the crime of turning their heads while he committed felonies against children.
But there is no way he could have done it without help. All of these accusers are talking about the money, the cash, the gifts. The cars and computers, trips, clothes, toys -and the personal attention from the star himself- are fodder for a constant stream of babble about what life in his home was like, but no one mentions the cooks or the maids or the other people who must have seen all this was happening.
Where are they? Why aren't they coming forth with these kinds of allegations? Why aren't they being charged with aiding MJ's crimes? Why aren't the tabloids splashing 'round headlines with their criminal pasts family skeletons and long exposes for what they saw MJ doing with these children?