• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

Presidential Primaries 2016

Not to mention the list of State Department officials that also used personal emails is growing. Besides Colin Powell and Conde Rice's staff, even John Kerry exchanged emails with Clinton while he was in the Senate.

Other Secretaries Handled Classified Material on Private Email, State Dept. Concludes


Excerpt from the article:

"A representative for Condoleezza Rice issued a statement to ABC News, saying that the secretary never used a private email account during her tenure and that the focus here was on her staff. The statement said the emails in question were sent to her assistant and covered diplomatic conversations, not intelligence information.

"Unlike Powell or Rice, 22 of Clinton's emails were upgraded to "top secret," the highest level of classification."


#DropOutHillary
 
Are you a guy?

Trump's sexism is so blatant, you must be if you think he can win over more than a minority of hard right females and the women he pays and flatters that surround him.

Ha...as Argumemnon just pointed out, that's as sexist as many of the Trump quotes. News flash:

National polls of registered Republicans continue to show that Trump remains the top choice of men and women. For instance, a March 21 CNN/ORC poll shows that 44 percent of women want him to win the GOP nomination, which is higher than the percentage of women who prefer Cruz or Ohio Gov. John Kasich. National polling of registered Republicans by PPP released March 30 shows that Trump remains the clear front-runner among both women (41 percent) and men (43 percent).

-Washington Post 4/11

While he only 30% overall favorability among women (I guess the 30% of women in the US who are either being paid by him or "hard right") If he can soften his image by, among other things, picking a solid VP, all he has to do is gain 5-10% favorability and it's a huge swing. Sorry, Ginger, once again you are underestimating the threat.
 
Ha...as Argumemnon just pointed out, that's as sexist as many of the Trump quotes. News flash:

National polls of registered Republicans continue to show that Trump remains the top choice of men and women. For instance, a March 21 CNN/ORC poll shows that 44 percent of women want him to win the GOP nomination, which is higher than the percentage of women who prefer Cruz or Ohio Gov. John Kasich. National polling of registered Republicans by PPP released March 30 shows that Trump remains the clear front-runner among both women (41 percent) and men (43 percent).

-Washington Post 4/11

While he only 30% overall favorability among women (I guess the 30% of women in the US who are either being paid by him or "hard right") If he can soften his image by, among other things, picking a solid VP, all he has to do is gain 5-10% favorability and it's a huge swing. Sorry, Ginger, once again you are underestimating the threat.
You knew that women supported Romney's over Obama by double digits right? You know even with that support he got crushed.

But feel free to feel good that Republican women prefer him.
 
What does being a man have to do with not understanding the issue? Isn't that sexist?

A man, not all men. And yes, people who are not the target of sexism/racism etc., often don't understand the issue. Anyone who misses Trump's blatant sexism can't possibly understand the issue.
 
Last edited:
You knew that women supported Romney's over Obama by double digits right? You know even with that support he got crushed.

But feel free to feel good that Republican women prefer him.

Lol, You knew that I'm a Sanders supporter and will likely vote for HRC if she's the nominee, right? ;)

The question is whether Trump has a legitimate chance. I think he has already proved the pundits wrong once, and it won't be nearly as hard for him to do it again as some here think.
 
Lol, You knew that I'm a Sanders supporter and will likely vote for HRC if she's the nominee, right? ;)

The question is whether Trump has a legitimate chance. I think he has already proved the pundits wrong once, and it won't be nearly as hard for him to do it again as some here think.

Interesting related point from the vox article in the other thread - he has proven the pundits wrong, but not the polls. And the polls say he will do poorly in the general.
 
Lol, You knew that I'm a Sanders supporter and will likely vote for HRC if she's the nominee, right? ;)

The question is whether Trump has a legitimate chance. I think he has already proved the pundits wrong once, and it won't be nearly as hard for him to do it again as some here think.

But watch out if you say anything that can be remotely perceived as negative about *insert presumpted democrat nominee here*
 
A man, not all men. And yes, people who are not the target of sexism/racism etc., often don't understand the issue. Anyone who misses Trump's blatant sexism can't possibly understand the issue.

Oh I see, so now you claim it was just an ad hom and not a blatant sexist remark :rolleyes:

I completely see Trump's sexism, as well as his racism, bullying etc.

You do not understand "the issue." Ginger--which is that Trump is not "unelectable", as you claim. His support among women is/will be greater than you would comfortably like to admit. And choosing a female VP (I'm not 100% convinced he will, but I think it would be a smart move on his part) would only serve to increase that support...even if it is only by 5% or 10%.
 
Interesting related point from the vox article in the other thread - he has proven the pundits wrong, but not the polls. And the polls say he will do poorly in the general.

I agree, and that gives me hope :)
I will feel more comfortable if the conservatives run someone on a third party ticket. I would argue that the polls now are not reflective of what might happen in the GE--they're still stuck in "primary mode"--the same article you referenced shows that the disdain for Trump is softening over time. Republicans who say now "no way I'd vote for Trump" may very well have a change of heart when faced with the prospect of Pres Clinton.
 
Ha...as Argumemnon just pointed out, that's as sexist as many of the Trump quotes. News flash:

National polls of registered Republicans continue to show that Trump remains the top choice of men and women. For instance, a March 21 CNN/ORC poll shows that 44 percent of women want him to win the GOP nomination, which is higher than the percentage of women who prefer Cruz or Ohio Gov. John Kasich. National polling of registered Republicans by PPP released March 30 shows that Trump remains the clear front-runner among both women (41 percent) and men (43 percent).

-Washington Post 4/11
Are you incapable of posting links? :rolleyes:

While he only 30% overall favorability among women (I guess the 30% of women in the US who are either being paid by him or "hard right") If he can soften his image by, among other things, picking a solid VP, all he has to do is gain 5-10% favorability and it's a huge swing. Sorry, Ginger, once again you are underestimating the threat.

I wouldn't be generalizing if I were you. Trump didn't even get 50% of the Republicans that voted in the primary. If the competing vote wasn't split, Trump would not have won.

As for far right, 30%, that might be about right but that's also going to include people who haven't been paying attention. Contrary to the people in this post, the majority of people in the country don't likely know Trump beyond his TV persona.

Donald Trump can’t stop saying nasty things about women. It could cost him.

Most Voters Don’t Think Donald Trump Respects Women

Hillary Clinton likely to woo women voters from Donald Trump in general election
Rising anti-Trump sentiment among women would pose a significant threat to Mr. Trump in the general election, when Mrs. Clinton, the likely Democratic nominee, assuredly will play the gender card and tout her ambition to make history by becoming the first female U.S. president.

In a theoretical matchup between the two front-runners, Mrs. Clinton enjoyed a 21-point lead over Mr. Trump among women, while he had only a five-point advantage among men, found a recent ABC News/Washington Post poll.
 
But watch out if you say anything that can be remotely perceived as negative about *insert presumpted democrat nominee here*

Who should watch out? Are you talking about me or the press or public?? :confused:

I do find it ironic that so-called skeptics are unable to find fault in their favored choice. I started a whole thread on the topic--it's buried way down here somewhere lol--no one wanted to participate. There's a good reason politics is a topic people avoid when they want to avoid violence. There seems to be this innate inability to see the other side from another's perspective.
 
Oh I see, so now you claim it was just an ad hom and not a blatant sexist remark :rolleyes:
No, that is not what I said at all.

To review:
SG said:
Trump's sexism is so blatant, you must be if you think he can win over more than a minority of hard right females and the women he pays and flatters that surround him.
Denver said:
If he picked a woman, that had Clinton's vibe of strength and expertise, yet lacked her baggage, and also managed to somehow dilute Trump's crazy with the impression she can handle him where he is weak (or crazy), it might push enough people over for him to take this. Someone, I don't know, maybe like Condoleezza Rice?
SG said:
You too? You guys don't get it.
You can call it an ad hom. I call it lacking a certain insight.


I completely see Trump's sexism, as well as his racism, bullying etc.
You say you do and yet you think it's rehabilitatable with a female Veep mask.

Blatant sexism can't be overridden with a female facade. If you haven't experienced the kind of sexism Trump dishes out daily, you may not recognize the seriousness of the issue.

You do not understand "the issue." Ginger--which is that Trump is not "unelectable", as you claim. His support among women is/will be greater than you would comfortably like to admit. And choosing a female VP (I'm not 100% convinced he will, but I think it would be a smart move on his part) would only serve to increase that support...even if it is only by 5% or 10%.
I simply do not agree.

But electability was not what I commented on. My comment was and still is, no Veep choice, no matter it be a woman or not, can repair Trump's sexist history. You said yourself you see he's sexist. Are you claiming women are so stupid that if Trump picks a female Veep those women will say, "gee, guess he isn't so sexist after all"?
To top it off, he has said repeatedly throughout his adult life that a woman's beauty is key to her success. That will limit his Veep options should he choose a female Veep. Should he choose a female Veep, I will be shocked if she isn't first and foremost, gorgeous. I think that will reinforce his sexism in some people's eyes.
 
No, that is not what I said at all.

To review:

Nice, Ginger, your Trump qualities are showing...
Here was you quote:

Are you a guy?

Trump's sexism is so blatant, you must be if you think he can win over more than a minority of hard right females and the women he pays and flatters that surround him.


I think this speaks for itself...you can spin it any way you'd like. :)


You say you do and yet you think it's rehabilitatable with a female Veep mask.

And you said Trump wouldn't stand a chance in the primaries. Well, guess what?
I'm not talking about "rehabilitation"--I'm talking about winning!

Blatant sexism can't be overridden with a female facade. If you haven't experienced the kind of sexism Trump dishes out daily, you may not recognize the seriousness of the issue.

Don't argue with me--tell the 30% of women who disagree with you. They should be your audience. I agree with you lol.


But electability was not what I commented on. My comment was and still is, no Veep choice, no matter it be a woman or not, can repair Trump's sexist history. You said yourself you see he's sexist. Are you claiming women are so stupid that if Trump picks a female Veep those women will say, "gee, guess he isn't so sexist after all"?

read the Post article, and get back to me. I'm saying it will help (as opposed to hurt) his electability. Are you saying the 30% of women who would vote for him now are "stupid"? That appears to be what you are saying....

To top it off, he has said repeatedly throughout his adult life that a woman's beauty is key to her success. That will limit his Veep options should he choose a female Veep. Should he choose a female Veep, I will be shocked if she isn't first and foremost, gorgeous. I think that will reinforce his sexism in some people's eyes.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder...who you consider beautiful I might not agree ;)
 
Last edited:
Since Ginger can't handle an internet search,
Oh puhleese. :rolleyes: Why should anyone have to waste one minute hunting for your links? You're not new here. Don't pretend you don't know better.


https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/monkey-cage/wp/2016/04/07/some-women-actually-do-support-donald-trump-heres-why/

ETA: again, Ginger--I really hope you are right, cause I think Trump would be a disaster.
From your link,
...he took a plurality of the women’s vote in most of the state contests he has won (at least in those states where exit polls were conducted).... Trump remains the top choice of men and women.
Translation: Among the women who voted in the GOP Primary who answered an exit poll (already the sample is self selected) the top choice (meaning not a majority because Trump didn't get a majority of votes, his competition was split) voted for Trump.

Then you have:
National polls of registered Republicans ... For instance, a March 21 CNN/ORC poll shows that 44 percent of women
That 44% are going to include women who have not looked into Trump's background and have yet to learn just how sexist the guy actually is. And again, it's not a majority the total against Trump is split among multiple choices.

Reading the rest of the article it also notes that everyone's priorities are not his sexism but their fantasy he can actually do what he claims he can.
 
Last edited:
Reading the rest of the article it also notes that everyone's priorities are not his sexism but their fantasy he can actually do what he claims he can.

Thanks for reading the article!
Exactly--I certainly am not arguing that Trump isn't sexist--what I am saying is that it may not matter in the election, so long as enough women are willing to overlook that. You think there is no way they will. I hope you're right!
 
Thanks for reading the article!
Apologizing for claiming I wouldn't and projecting your failure to post a link onto my shoulders would have been nicer.


Exactly--I certainly am not arguing that Trump isn't sexist--what I am saying is that it may not matter in the election, so long as enough women are willing to overlook that. You think there is no way they will. I hope you're right!
Let me concise-up my position:

For women that give a rip about Trump's sexism, a female Veep is not going to make a lick of difference.

For people (including Trump) that deny his sexism, a female Veep helps their denial.

As long as Clinton handles it right, we'll be fine. But she's up against the news media fluctuating between exposing Trump for the whack-job his is, and allowing him to appear reasonable with his phony claims.

I don't know who advises her but recently she was suggesting Sanders concede. I would not approach it that way. She's being accused by the Trump camp of winning by corruption. Instead of saying anything about Sanders, all she needs to do is keep reminding people she has a wide lead in popular votes against both Sanders and Trump and that's with the GOP having a higher turnout than usual. That puts the emphasis on winning by votes and it's not necessary to address Sanders staying in or Trump's lies that she's winning because the system is corrupt. Let the audience draw the conclusions.
 

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom