• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

Presidential Primaries 2016

So the guy that isn't winning even among the liberals and who has yet to feel the burn of a full force, 'Sanders is a commie' campaign is the one we should put our faith in?

Faith has nothing to do with it, as you know, Ginger.

Personally I don't understand the intense hatred of Hillary, but I know how to read the writing on the wall. It really doesn't matter how much support Sanders has among liberals--what matters is his appeal to independents and
(now) disenfranchised Republicans. His biggest problems is minorities, but with Trump as an opponent I think he could overcome that. I really don't buy the GE polls at this point--I think a Trump-Hillary race would be wayyy closer than the polls indicate--but the one statistic that is meaningful here is that Bernie leads Trump by a wider margin than Hillary does. That's the only stat that counts.
 
Last edited:
Faith has nothing to do with it, as you know, Ginger.

Personally I don't understand the intense hatred of Hillary, but I know how to read the writing on the wall. It really doesn't matter how much support Sanders has among liberals--what matters is his appeal to independents and
(now) disenfranchised Republicans. His biggest problems is minorities, but with Trump as an opponent I think he could overcome that. I really don't by the GE polls at this point--I think a Trump-Hillary race would be wayyy closer than the polls indicate--but the one statistic that is meaningful here is that Bernie leads Trump by a wider margin than Hillary does. That's the only stat that counts.

I don't like Hillary, but I think the OTHER stat that counts is the number of superdelegates who, for various political and other reasons, are going to give her their vote.
 
I don't like Hillary, but I think the OTHER stat that counts is the number of superdelegates who, for various political and other reasons, are going to give her their vote.

Indeed...to be clear, I don't give him much of a chance
 
Faith has nothing to do with it, as you know, Ginger.

Personally I don't understand the intense hatred of Hillary, but I know how to read the writing on the wall. It really doesn't matter how much support Sanders has among liberals--what matters is his appeal to independents and
(now) disenfranchised Republicans. His biggest problems is minorities, but with Trump as an opponent I think he could overcome that. I really don't buy the GE polls at this point--I think a Trump-Hillary race would be wayyy closer than the polls indicate--but the one statistic that is meaningful here is that Bernie leads Trump by a wider margin than Hillary does. That's the only stat that counts.

But you are still saying the guy who lost the popular vote in the primary has a better chance of winning. Faith is just another word for speculation in this case. And you are just speculating.

I speculate Sanders won't be able to overcome being labeled a commie/socialist and dragging out video clips of him praising Castro.
 
But you are still saying the guy who lost the popular vote in the primary has a better chance of winning. Faith is just another word for speculation in this case. And you are just speculating.

I'm going by the polls that show him leading by a greater margin than HRC in a two-person race..so not pure speculation. Don't get hung up on the primaries, you know darn well that *almost* every Democrat who votes for Sanders will vote for Hillary in the GE, and vice versa...so it's not that side of the equation that matters.

speculate Sanders won't be able to overcome being labeled a commie/socialist and dragging out video clips of him praising Castro.

It will be tough, for sure. But if Trump can overcome all his baggage, anything is possible! And I think it would be easier than what Trump will drag out on HRC.
 
I'm going by the polls that show him leading by a greater margin than HRC in a two-person race..so not pure speculation. Don't get hung up on the primaries, you know darn well that *almost* every Democrat who votes for Sanders will vote for Hillary in the GE, and vice versa...so it's not that side of the equation that matters.



It will be tough, for sure. But if Trump can overcome all his baggage, anything is possible! And I think it would be easier than what Trump will drag out on HRC.
Sanders lost the poll that counted and until you address the fact Sanders has yet to endure a negative campaign, your speculation is missing one big giant elephant in the room.

It is exactly the GOP side of the equation I am referring to. While Clinton can attract GOP women, Sanders cannot attract anyone in the Taxed Enough Already branch of the GOP.
 
Sanders lost the poll that counted and until you address the fact Sanders has yet to endure a negative campaign, your speculation is missing one big giant elephant in the room.

It is exactly the GOP side of the equation I am referring to. While Clinton can attract GOP women, Sanders cannot attract anyone in the Taxed Enough Already branch of the GOP.

You have a point, which is why I can almost guarantee you that Trump will pick a woman as his running mate. True, VP pick usually doesn't matter, but it might be enough in this case to get those GOP women in his corner.
 
Funny, they are the reason Trump exists. All the hatred they have for him should be aimed back at themselves. Good for nothing crooks.

I'm not so sure. I don't think the TEA Party and the Libertarians have that much overlap. I think Trump has the TEA Party fringe. I could be wrong, it's just my impression knowing a few staunch Libertarians that aren't crazy.
 
You have a point,
Thank you.

which is why I can almost guarantee you that Trump will pick a woman as his running mate. True, VP pick usually doesn't matter, but it might be enough in this case to get those GOP women in his corner.
But that's the Fiorina fallacy, all you need is a female and women will identify with her. It's more than just gender Trump needs to address. And he can't because sexist is who he is, it's ingrained in every fiber of his being.
 
But that's the Fiorina fallacy, all you need is a female and women will identify with her. It's more than just gender Trump needs to address. And he can't because sexist is who he is, it's ingrained in every fiber of his being.

well he aint picking Fiorina, I'm reasonably certain (although stranger things have happened...) My guess is it will be someone like Susana Martinez...or maybe someone related to Hillary :D
 
well he aint picking Fiorina, I'm reasonably certain (although stranger things have happened...) My guess is it will be someone like Susana Martinez...or maybe someone related to Hillary :D

It doesn't matter, it won't fix anything for Trump to pick a female Veep. That's the point. Fiorina is not a women's candidate and neither will any woman be that would align herself with Trump. The fallacy is in thinking one can fix a disaster with any Veep appointment.
 
It doesn't matter, it won't fix anything for Trump to pick a female Veep. That's the point. Fiorina is not a women's candidate and neither will any woman be that would align herself with Trump. The fallacy is in thinking one can fix a disaster with any Veep appointment.

That is where you are missing the point. Fiorina was a female version of Cruz, that was why she was a dud--she didn't give Cruz any vote he didn't already have. Trump , on the other hand is a chameleon. It is well known that he was (probably still is) pro-choice, etc. His running mate will not have to "align herself" with his persona--only his policies. When people drag out all his sexist remarks he will change the subject and put out the positive spin, like having his successful daughter orate about how he has hired many women etc.
His running mate will do the same. Again this is the GE we are talking about, not the primary, so the affect of him choosing a female VP will be entirely different.
 
That is where you are missing the point. Fiorina was a female version of Cruz, that was why she was a dud--she didn't give Cruz any vote he didn't already have. Trump , on the other hand is a chameleon. It is well known that he was (probably still is) pro-choice, etc. His running mate will not have to "align herself" with his persona--only his policies. When people drag out all his sexist remarks he will change the subject and put out the positive spin, like having his successful daughter orate about how he has hired many women etc.
His running mate will do the same. Again this is the GE we are talking about, not the primary, so the affect of him choosing a female VP will be entirely different.

You think I'm missing my own point? :boggled:

Let me make it more concise: There is not a Veep candidate on this planet that could rehabilitate Trump's standing with women.
 

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom