• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

Presidential Primaries 2016

Check his posting history and be enlightened.

Oh, I am fully aware of Tank's posting history.It was a rhetorical statement.
I have cited Tank as a textbook example of "the KKK in a three piece suit";someone who avoids the over the top rhetoric ,violent language,and terms of racial abuse that people think typical of bigots;but in fact,all he is doing is dressing up the bigotry in "respectable language".
 
Check his posting history and be enlightened.
I recall a post of his where he admits to being a fascist. "Some of us are fascists" are his words, verbatim, I think.

His problem is that there aren't enough white people that think like him for his ideas to ever be implemented.
 
5% in, Clinton leads by 10, Trump by 20.

MSNBC calls it for Trump but they are too wimpy to call it for Clinton.

I suppose Clinton's lead is narrowing so I take the wimpy comment back.
 
Last edited:
Bernie's up by 3% with 40% of the vote in, but a lot of the NW (Gary, Indiana) hasn't been totaled yet, so it could be a long night.

Even in Indianapolis so far, Bernie did well down in Bloomington (Indiana University), but let's wait and see what happens with Gary.

Info from: http://www.nytimes.com/elections/results/indiana , which include county-by-county status.
 
Ted Cruz is speaking now, it doesn't sound like a concession speech but CNN says he is dropping out.
 
Oh my, it really is over.

https://twitter.com/PatrickSvitek/status/727655268084002817?ref_src=twsrc^tfw

"Just in: @TedCruz is ending his presidential campaign, campaign manager Jeff Roe tells me."

And the Times already has a story:

Ted Cruz Ends His Campaign for President

INDIANAPOLIS — Senator Ted Cruz of Texas is ending his presidential campaign, according to his campaign manager, bowing to the reality that his crushing loss in Indiana all but assured the nomination of Donald J. Trump.
 
Good analysis at Nate Silver's website about how the Trumpnever campaign made a huge mistake by basically backing Cruz.
 
OK he is announcing right as I type that he is suspending his campaign.

Will he endorse Trump? lol

He will endorse Trump at the last minute if at all.
I think that Cruz genuinely hates Trump guts,and is going to try to become the leader of the hard core religious right wing of the party.the die hard wing.. For that not endorsing Trump might actually be a benefit.
 
He will endorse Trump at the last minute if at all.
I think that Cruz genuinely hates Trump guts,and is going to try to become the leader of the hard core religious right wing of the party. For that not endorsing Trump might actually be a benefit.
I think he won't endorse him at all. Like you said, he hates Trump. Plus, it will be better for him if Trump loses. That way he can run again in 2020 (Republicans usually select the runner up in the previous primary for the nomination).
 
OK he is announcing right as I type that he is suspending his campaign.

Will he endorse Trump? lol

From the Times story:

All the while, Mr. Cruz wavered on a pledge to support any eventual Republican nominee.

In a final appearance on Tuesday morning, Mr. Cruz pleaded with voters to join him, calling Mr. Trump a “pathological liar” and “utterly amoral.”

If Indiana voted for his rival, Mr. Cruz said, “this country could well plunge into the abyss.”

So on the one hand if he doesn't endorse Trump, he would be breaking his promise to support the eventual nominee, and on the other, he would be endorsing, in his own words, an "utterly amoral pathological liar who could plunge this country into the abyss".
 
I think he won't endorse him at all. Like you said, he hates Trump. Plus, it will be better for him if Trump loses. That way he can run again in 2020 (Republicans usually select the runner up in the previous primary for the nomination).

I think that runner up next time rule might be dead as of this year.
But ,yeah,Cruz might well become the leader of the Die Hards on the Right,and basically,although they will never do so in so many words,declare themselves Neutral in this election on the grounds that both candiates are "Liberals",
 

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom