• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

Bullish on Bernie: The Bernie Sanders 2016 Thread II

"”I don’t believe in charities,” said Mayor Sanders, bringing a shocked silence to a packed hotel banquet room. The Mayor, who is a Socialist, went on to question the ”fundamental concepts on which charities are based” and contended that government, rather than charity organizations, should take over responsibility for social programs."

It makes me like him even more. I don't want people depending on churches for donated goods or bake-sales to pay for operations.

If the government safety net is strong enough, there would be no need for charities, except for the niche kind, like Save the Whales, which I don't think he was referring to.

There is this odd nostalgia for a time that never was, when there was no big government safety net and people came together to help those in need in their community. Unless there weren't enough people to do so, or not enough resources, or they just didn't like the color of your skin, or your religious affiliation, or socioeconomic status, or for any number of reason.

A strong government safety net is far superior
 
On the subject of Sanders, is it me, or does he have an uncanny knack for predicting how crappy legislation will eventually play out?

Such as this Panama Papers thing. He called it, verbatim, 5 years ago.
 
Everyone has called it bro!

I am well and deep into a 12 pack of Wisconsin's finest, new glarus!

Feel the Bern!

I was confident in win days ago, I'm tracking the spread.

I like the current numbers, but would love for this to push up closer to 20%


69% in, 56% to 44%, up 12
 
She's gonna kill him in NY.
It's an unfortunate forgone conclusion. Hillary is the next President.

I dunno, every time I hit refresh his margin of victory goes up in WI. The polls got it wrong by probably around 6% or 8%. If they're also off by that much he'll win a narrow victory in NY. Its possible. He did what was needed tonight to stay in the game.
 
She's gonna kill him in NY.
It's an unfortunate forgone conclusion. Hillary is the next President.

If you say so, you must believe so.

I'll wait on the polling place poll before I make any plans on what happens next.

So, what do you think about Wyoming?
 
I dunno, every time I hit refresh his margin of victory goes up in WI. The polls got it wrong by probably around 6% or 8%. If they're also off by that much he'll win a narrow victory in NY. Its possible. He did what was needed tonight to stay in the game.

That would be amazing.

Been listening to polka for the last half hour! Gonna switch to the violent femmes soon.

Maybe those Spanic Boys?
 
Since this is the Bernie Sanders thread, what do you libs think about this?
Sanders doesn't like charities.


http://www.powerlineblog.com/archives/2016/04/sanders-to-charities-drop-dead.php

There is a charity in New Mexico called the Roadrunner Food Bank. Without them kids would go hungry at times when they don't get a free school meal. Children in the wealthiest nation in the world should not go hungry if a charity cannot collect enough donations.

I don't agree with all of Labour's platform, but I agree with Attlee's great quote:

Charity%2Bis%2Ba%2Bcold%2Bgrey%2Bloveless%2Bthing.jpg
 
If you say so, you must believe so.

I'll wait on the polling place poll before I make any plans on what happens next.

So, what do you think about Wyoming?

His platform is anti corporate greed, which is the state sport of NY. I just don't see it.

He'll win Wyoming.
 
There is a charity in New Mexico called the Roadrunner Food Bank. Without them kids would go hungry at times when they don't get a free school meal. Children in the wealthiest nation in the world should not go hungry if a charity cannot collect enough donations.

I don't agree with all of Labour's platform, but I agree with Attlee's great quote:

[qimg]http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-wcA16VbG9Vk/VKLUcCCRz0I/AAAAAAAATE8/LqQoSaV8q8A/s1600/Charity%2Bis%2Ba%2Bcold%2Bgrey%2Bloveless%2Bthing.jpg[/qimg]

Indeed, thank-you for sharing that!
 
His platform is anti corporate greed, which is the state sport of NY. I just don't see it.

He'll win Wyoming.

LOL, quite possibly true, but NY (and Jersey) have a lot of blue collar workers who have been left out of this recovery so far, and it is time they got theirs.

re: Wy, I agree, this is Cheneyland and he of all people, needs to feel the Bern!
 
He nailed it. This was a swing of 35% from where he was in the polls 4 weeks ago.

Nailed what, his coffin? He'll be lucky to squeeze out 57%. He needs 57% in all the remaining states and he just flubbed NY with his lack of knowledge about how the law and the banks work.

9 things Bernie Sanders should’ve known about but didn’t in that Daily News interview

Here's the transcript:an interview with the NY Daily News.


I hate to compare him to Trump because it's only in this one thing that that are alike, they both have promises but no details how to accomplish them and this interview exposed that.

Sanders: We just need to take the money out.
How do you do that?
Sanders: We have a big movement of voters.

That's where his plans end.

Single Payer, Medicare for all. How do you get there?
Sanders: We have a big movement of voters.

Free college for all, tax the rich to pay for it. How do you get there?
Sanders: We have a big movement of voters.

Sanders' magic beans, plant 'em and they will grow.
 
He nailed it. This was a swing of 35% from where he was in the polls 4 weeks ago.

If he knew in March of last year what he understands in March of this year, I think we would have seen a much different summer and fall of 2015. That said, this is fun.

:)
 
Nailed what, his coffin? He'll be lucky to squeeze out 57%. He needs 57% in all the remaining states and he just flubbed NY with his lack of knowledge about how the law and the banks work.

9 things Bernie Sanders should’ve known about but didn’t in that Daily News interview

Here's the transcript:an interview with the NY Daily News.


I hate to compare him to Trump because it's only in this one thing that that are alike, they both have promises but no details how to accomplish them and this interview exposed that.

Sanders: We just need to take the money out.
How do you do that?
Sanders: We have a big movement of voters.

That's where his plans end.

Single Payer, Medicare for all. How do you get there?
Sanders: We have a big movement of voters.

Free college for all, tax the rich to pay for it. How do you get there?
Sanders: We have a big movement of voters.

Sanders' magic beans, plant 'em and they will grow.

Seriously?! They wrote this article before they ever interviewed Senator Sanders, how often do you (or any other Democratic voter) pay heed and attention to anything in the NY Daily News?

At least when I quote sources I quote moderate or good solid progressive sources not conservative fishwrap. But then I guess that's to be expected from a conservative-lite Hillary fangirl.
 

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom