Foolmewunz
Grammar Resistance Leader, TLA Dictator
You must be including superdelegates. By my calculations, he only needs 57% to 43% of the remaining popular vote to win the pledged delegates. If he gets that, the superdelegates will most likely switch to give him his victory. There is actually no doubt in my mind about that. Can he get 57%? Probably not. But it's not impossible. And campaigning has this positive feedback aspect to it. Some call it a preference cascade. The better Sanders does, the more attractive he starts looking to people who are undecided or weakly decided. Before the last run of states, I thought Bernie had no path to victory except via an FBI created deus ex machina (which is not out of the question at all). Now, however, I think Clinton may just blow up on her own. I'm not saying it's likely. I think it's still very unlikely. I'd put it at the 10%-15% level.
Utahans are not typical red-staters. I think they recognize Trump for the immoral hedonist that he is. And Utah is fairly insulated from illegal immigration, so Trump's most successful talking point has little sway with them.
Yes, superdelegates are counted. Are you aware that superdelegates include people from the states she's won (more states) and sitting senators, congressmen, goverrnors? My calculating logic (and calculating is meant in both ways) is that short of a bombshell (indictment, for instance) as her total (including superdelegates) closes on 2383, those people are less and less likely to change their support. Perception is everything, and as long as her total (incl. sd) has her ahead, there will be no major movement.
We'll have to disagree about Utah. I think they're western redneck Republicans and voting socialist is not on the agenda.
