• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

I'm thinking of abandoning Bernie

... It seems I can't click on any article lately on Hillary without running into a giant pile of "DNC is conspiring to crown Shillery the new queen!" type nonsense. They act like Hillary is somehow the ultimate villain on the stage. They first complain that the debates were scheduled wrong. Then, when Bernie failed to win over anyone new in them, they complained the questions were rigged. One guy on social media claims that the debates have been run from the outset to be huge Hillary commercials. Which is strange since the original conspiracy is that no one was going to watch them.
Regardless that this is about Bernie supporters, I'm pretty sure Sanders believes in the CT. It's fine to point out the disadvantage when most of the top DNC members are well known Clinton supporters. I think that's a valid issue.

But for Sanders to claim it's hurting his campaign when his whole premise is he doesn't need the establishment because he has the people's support, is a contradiction.

There's no question the media coverage this go round sucks big time. But it's been Clinton scandals (that so far have faded because they amounted to nothing but GOP smear campaign) followed by Trump day and night. Sheesh, MSNBC is running a 'Trump, The Man' special tonight, hosted by Chris Matthews.

Who, by the way, has a well documented history of negative feelings toward Clinton and positive comments on Sanders. Matthews was caught with Tom Delay years ago, with his mike on, making sexist comments about no one liking bossy women and they were referring directly to Clinton.

Matthews was also an Obama supporter when Obama ran against Clinton. The point being, Sanders has media supporters, they aren't all pro-Clinton. Sanders got a fair amount of coverage when his crowds were making the news. His union endorsement got coverage. Maybe he needs to do more newsworthy stuff like Trump.

The point is, if Sanders is blaming the DNC and the corporate media, I think his case is a lot weaker than the people making excuses would like it to be.

We're back to my issue with Sanders. He's got the right ideas, but the public is just not behind him in big enough numbers to accomplish what he's trying to accomplish. Hopefully, should he lose the primary as it currently appears he will, it won't cause all his supporters to give up. If the momentum keeps growing, maybe by the time Warren is ready to run for President, more progress can be made.

Maybe the pressure on Clinton, or the support for that matter because I'm not convinced she's in bed with Wall Street, will give her more incentive to push harder against the corporatocracy.

...For me it is all becoming a bit much. I don't really see Bernie as that different from Hillary who is, however, very different from the long line of sentient wet hippopotamus farts that is the GOP candidates. Really I don't. In the same way I didn't see her as that different from Obama in 2008. Bernie, I think, has become more myth than man. I think many have lost sight of their similarities having gotten lost deep in the jungle of hyperbole.
She wasn't that different from Obama. I still think we could have used her added experience the last 8 years and Obama would now make a better President. Both of them are incredibly intelligent.
 
Last edited:
Regardless that this is about Bernie supporters, I'm pretty sure Sanders believes in the CT. It's fine to point out the disadvantage when most of the top DNC members are well known Clinton supporters. I think that's a valid issue.

But for Sanders to claim it's hurting his campaign when his whole premise is he doesn't need the establishment because he has the people's support, is a contradiction.

There's no question the media coverage this go round sucks big time. But it's been Clinton scandals that so far have faded because they amounted to nothing but GOP smear campaign followed by Trump day and night. Sheesh, MSNBC is running a Trump, The Man special tonight, hosted by Chris Matthews.

Who, by the way, has a well documented history of negative feelings toward Clinton and positive comments on Sanders. Matthews was caught with his mike on making sexists comments about bossy women with Ton Delay. And he was an Obama supporter when Obama ran against Clinton. The point being, Sanders has his supporters, they aren't all pro-Clinton.

Sanders got a fair amount of coverage when his crowds were making the news. His union endorsement got coverage. Maybe he needs to do more newsworthy stuff like Trump.

The point is, if Sanders is blaming the DNC and the corporate media, I think his case is a lot weaker than the people making excuses would like it to be.

We're back to my issue with Sanders. He's got the right ideas, but the public is just not behind him in big enough numbers to accomplish what he's trying to accomplish. Hopefully, should he lose the primary as it currently appears he is, it won't cause all his supporters to give up. If the momentum keeps growing, maybe by the time Warren is ready to run for President, more progress can be made.

Maybe the pressure on Clinton, or the support for that matter because I'm not convinced she's in bed with Wall Street, will give her more incentive to push harder against the corporatocracy.

She wasn't that different from Obama. I still think we could have used her added experience the last 8 years and Obama would now make a better President. Both of them are incredibly intelligent.
I think that Obama is the best President of my lifetime but I'm starting to think that it might have been better if she won in 2008. Biggest reason being that Obama for a while seemed to be under the delusion that Republicans could be reasoned with. While Hillary sees them for what they are: the enemy and would have no doubt treated them with the ruthlessness they deserve. Obama could have learned a lot being her VP or staying in the Senate and have been much better prepared to deal with the low life Republican scum should he have decided to run for President after.
 
Last edited:
I think that Obama is the best President of my lifetime but I'm starting to think that it might have been better if she won in 2008. Biggest reason being that Obama for a while seemed to be under the delusion that Republicans could be reasoned with. While Hillary sees them for what they are: the enemy and would have no treated them with the ruthlessness they deserve. Obama could have learned a lot being her VP or staying in the Senate and have been much better prepared to deal with the low life Republican scum should he have decided to run for President after.

Oh brother.... :rolleyes:
 
Maybe you'll still get him as a VP in any case.

I hope not. Mind, I first met Bernie when he was mayor of Burlington, VT. Then he helped my wife campaign for state office when he was in Congress, and we frequently met up with him at various state functions after that. I like him. His heart's in the right place. Problem is, he's ultimately a single-issue candidate; economic justice is his reason d'etre and everything else is peripheral. I think he'd be an excellent HEW secretary or something related, I could even see him on SCOTUS, but not at the head of government.

Oh crap!
 
I hope not. Mind, I first met Bernie when he was mayor of Burlington, VT. Then he helped my wife campaign for state office when he was in Congress, and we frequently met up with him at various state functions after that. I like him. His heart's in the right place. Problem is, he's ultimately a single-issue candidate; economic justice is his reason d'etre and everything else is peripheral. I think he'd be an excellent HEW secretary or something related, I could even see him on SCOTUS, but not at the head of government.

Oh crap!
Bernie Sanders isn't a lawyer and there has never been a Supreme Court Justice that wasn't a lawyer. Plus he is significantly older than any person ever appointed to the court.
 
Last edited:
I think that Obama is the best President of my lifetime but I'm starting to think that it might have been better if she won in 2008. Biggest reason being that Obama for a while seemed to be under the delusion that Republicans could be reasoned with. While Hillary sees them for what they are: the enemy and would have no doubt treated them with the ruthlessness they deserve. Obama could have learned a lot being her VP or staying in the Senate and have been much better prepared to deal with the low life Republican scum should he have decided to run for President after.

Very strongly agree with that - Hillary would have torn them new ones and made them eat the old ones.
 
I'm thinking of abandoning Bernie

image.png
 
This is a thread about supporting Bernie Sanders, and you're trying to establish tests of my sanity?
Bernie Sanders is way more sane than the GOP frontrunners. Well, I guess the GOP frontrunners could be sane if their goal is to divert as much of the country's wealth into as few hands as possible. Very likely if you ask me.
.
But either way, the majority of your joke of a party supports Trump or Cruz. In the likely event that your joke of a party proves to be crazy and nominates Trump or Cruz will you still vote for it? This is a yes or a no question though I fully expect you to avoid answering the question.
 
I don't really see Bernie as that different from Hillary


I think the biggest difference is that Sanders talks about what he wants to do, and Clinton talks in terms of what she reasonably thinks she can do. Campaigning for a $15 minimum wage is great, but there is no way to get that through Congress.

In any case, I doubt your primary vote out in CA will count for much. The nomination will be sewn up long before California gets around to voting. Same is true of my home state of New York. We're just for fundraising.
 
I think the biggest difference is that Sanders talks about what he wants to do, and Clinton talks in terms of what she reasonably thinks she can do.

You think so? I think Clinton talks in terms of whatever she thinks the audience will believe at that moment. Sanders may never be able to get what he wants done, but at least he wants to do things as president, rather than just be president.
 
Many of Bernie's supporters are highly obsessive compulsive haters who think Hillary is Satan's spawn and Bernie is the Messiah.

They attack all who counter Bernie's record, love to embrace GOP attacks upon Hillary, and act like cult members.

Their newest theory? bernie's website is banned by all military base servers.

Of course its not truly and merely paranoid crap, but they don't care.

Cult members don't care about facts
 
I think the biggest difference is that Sanders talks about what he wants to do, and Clinton talks in terms of what she reasonably thinks she can do. Campaigning for a $15 minimum wage is great, but there is no way to get that through Congress.
In any case, I doubt your primary vote out in CA will count for much. The nomination will be sewn up long before California gets around to voting. Same is true of my home state of New York. We're just for fundraising.

Hillary is also on board for greatly increasing the minimum wage. Whereas not a single GOP candidate wants to increase it and some have indicated they don't think there should be a minimum wage at all.

This is just one of many areas where I see Hillary and Bernie as not being too dissimilar.
 
Many of Bernie's supporters are highly obsessive compulsive haters who think Hillary is Satan's spawn and Bernie is the Messiah.

They attack all who counter Bernie's record, love to embrace GOP attacks upon Hillary, and act like cult members.

Their newest theory? bernie's website is banned by all military base servers.

Of course its not truly and merely paranoid crap, but they don't care.

Cult members don't care about facts

It did not take too long for Hillary's fans to go after Bernie hammer and tongs. Kind of like how they went after Obama with the birth certificate and leaking his pastor's video. Did they let Sid off the leash?
 
It did not take too long for Hillary's fans to go after Bernie hammer and tongs. Kind of like how they went after Obama with the birth certificate and leaking his pastor's video. Did they let Sid off the leash?

Look at how the Bernie fans attack Hillary and Deborah Wasserman Shultz. They seem to get all their lines from the GOP.
 
And how come the Berntards reject any and all criticism of Bernie?

They call facts about his poor record "lies".
 
Then they probably worked for some other campaign in 2008. They would be biased in that direction.

...or they worked on the Obama campaign when she was secretary, or the Clinton campaign, or the Gore campaign who was vice president to Bill Clinton.

Give me a name for the position.

Keep in mind it would need to be someone who wants the job and can make up for her 25 years political experience

Someone who worked for the Gore campaign would have worked. A person who hasn't worked for any of the current candidates would have worked. Find a name yourself.
 
I'm not the one proposing a better choice and can't name a better choice.

I'm not proposing anything except that the current Chair of the DNC has a conflict of interest and is making irrational decisions which seem to be motivated by that conflicting interest.
 

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom