• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

Jeremy Corbyn might actually win?

No, Craig.......2015 is definitely after 1997. At least in the universe I inhabit.
My complaint about your previous post was that it doesn't make sense. This new post, whatever may be its other merits, doesn't address that problem.
 
My complaint about your previous post was that it doesn't make sense.........

Why do I so often have to explain really really simple things over and over to you?

Firstly, the post you refer to was a quip. An aside.

Secondly, it was responding to a claim that Darat made that said that Labour had been written off as dying in the 70's, 80's and 90's up until 1997. I noted that those decades, up until 1997 (arguably 1994 when Blair took over, or 1995 when Clause 4 was abolished ......but that would be splitting hairs, the normal death of any attempt at humour) Labour had been hard left, and that after 1997 (or 94, or 95......your choice) they became soft left. The irony being that Darat highlighted the years when Labour was fairly unsuccessful, unwittingly giving someone (me) the opportunity to quip about them becoming successful when they moved towards the centre of the political spectrum after having been out on the left wing, which has been my thesis all along.

Got it now?
 
Substance-free criticism for starters.

Accordingly, substance-free support for Corbyn will qualify.

I've never heard "dick wagging" defined as substance free criticism before. Regardless, I haven't seen too much substance-free criticism of Corbyn around recently, although I have seen his grooming criticized in the past. I have seen legitimate criticism directed at him, which many of his supporters have attempted to deflect by misrepresenting the criticism. In fact, I've seen that in this thread.
 
If dick wagging consists of substance-free "criticism", surely opposition to Corbyn, and not support for him, should qualify.

You missed the rest of the exchange - that is exactly the dick-waving I was referring to at the start of it.

I have seen legitimate criticism directed at him, which many of his supporters have attempted to deflect by misrepresenting the criticism. In fact, I've seen that in this thread.

Can you point out the "legitmate criticism", please?

What I've seen is a bunch of people crying that he's too far left.

In reality, I see a man selected by his party.
 
Latest antiCorbyn stories are that he is sorry Bin Laden was assassinated. Which leaves out the part that he would have rather seen Ben Laden put on trial for his crimes.
 
Latest antiCorbyn stories are that he is sorry Bin Laden was assassinated. Which leaves out the part that he would have rather seen Ben Laden put on trial for his crimes.

Well, he described it as a 'tragedy' that Bin Laden was assassinated rather than put on trial. Now I could accept him wanting Bin Laden to face justice rather than be killed outright, but a tragedy? That says to me he feels a lot more strongly about Bin Laden's death than would come about through reaction to a simple denial of justice.

And should Bin Laden have been put on trial, what sentence would Corbyn have been happy with? I haven't heard his views on sentencing but I will publicly eat my hat if he's in favour of full life terms. So Bin Laden in jail for a few years until he makes the right noises, then released? Now that would have been a tragedy.
 
Latest antiCorbyn stories are that he is sorry Bin Laden was assassinated. Which leaves out the part that he would have rather seen Ben Laden put on trial for his crimes.
With a few more words out that becomes "He is Bin Laden" (You heard it here first)
 
Latest antiCorbyn stories are that he is sorry Bin Laden was assassinated. Which leaves out the part that he would have rather seen Ben Laden put on trial for his crimes.

So he has unrealistic pie-in-the-sky wishes as to how the world should operate. You're right, that's hardly news, that's his consistent position on everything from foreign affairs to economics.
 
So he has unrealistic pie-in-the-sky wishes as to how the world should operate. You're right, that's hardly news, that's his consistent position on everything from foreign affairs to economics.

He has the same views as expressed by the likes of Obama and Bush......
 
Well, he described it as a 'tragedy' that Bin Laden was assassinated rather than put on trial. Now I could accept him wanting Bin Laden to face justice rather than be killed outright, but a tragedy? That says to me he feels a lot more strongly about Bin Laden's death than would come about through reaction to a simple denial of justice.

And should Bin Laden have been put on trial, what sentence would Corbyn have been happy with? I haven't heard his views on sentencing but I will publicly eat my hat if he's in favour of full life terms. So Bin Laden in jail for a few years until he makes the right noises, then released? Now that would have been a tragedy.
Come come, now. You can do better than that. He must have wanted Bin Laden to be rewarded for striving to liberate the world from US imperialism. So he'd want him to be acquitted and receive compensation. :D
 
Come come, now. You can do better than that. He must have wanted Bin Laden to be rewarded for striving to liberate the world from US imperialism. So he'd want him to be acquitted and receive compensation. :D

I'm not sure PressTV has officially approved of that position...yet.
 

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom