Mumbles
Philosopher
- Joined
- Dec 9, 2008
- Messages
- 8,726
Next week I launch Operation Ageless. Me and my minions will attempt to kill every child with cancer in the entire nation through torture. We'll have a flag and everything. I'm sure one day they'll sing songs about our defeat and the relatives of my minions will gather to have our flag featuring a wheelchair bound girl being burned alive hoisted above schoolhouses and state capitols.
...here's the thing.
People have this tendency to discuss "the South" as some sort of cohesive political entity. And that simply is not true.
And I'm not discussing those white farmers who wanted to remain in the Union, although they certainly existed, much like many people who lived in Union states wished to join the Confederacy. But rather, I'm considering the actual slaves, who in some states were an outright majority of the population. They were, after all, also southerners.
Yes, this song is fine. But we also have Memorial Day, and Juneteenth.