How did you even FIND this article; In portuguese I mean?
The wackos must be clicking their butts offI think that the guilters have been selecting the BS CNN article by Selene that talks about the fine line between guilt and innocense, it is appearing very high on teh web se4arches
The wackos must be clicking their butts off
It is now second
I never said they should have been detained in prison. I said the arrest did not seem unreasonable that night. They should have been access to attorneys and released within no more than 72 hours. It would seem the Italian system violates ECHR rules. Italians allow suspects to be held a year without charges.
They weren't charged for one year. The question at hand is whether it was reasonable to detain them not charge them.
Yes. CNN. I do not know which BS artist wrote it because I knew what it was and avoided clicking it.Is that CNN article by Selene, or Nadeau?
Well, I was responding to your statement, the relevant part being:
"Detain" means, generally, "precautionary detention" and there was a Nov. 8, 2007 hearing before Judge Matteini that resulted in a Nov. 9 motivation report ordering their precautionary detention for one year.
The arrest was based largely on the Nov. 5/6, 2007 coercive interrogation and the statements that Amanda Knox signed during that interrogation. She attempted to show to the police and other authorities that those statements were unreliable while she was in custody by giving the authorities written Memoriales 1 and 2 on Nov. 6 and Nov. 7, respectively. She was denied counsel while under interrogation and while in custody, contrary to the ECHR case-law, Salduz v Turkey (GC) and Dayanan v Turkey. She was denied a neutral (fair) interpreter, contrary to Baytar v Turkey. She was never informed of her right to remain silent or that by making these statements without counsel she was assuming the liability of a witness, all of which are requirements of Italian procedural law. Thus, her arrest, and that of the others (Sollecito and Lumumba) may be considered contrary to Italian law (which by treaty includes the final judgments of the ECHR as the supreme human rights law of Italy and the other CoE States). The ECHR has stated, in each relevant judgment, that one the purposes of providing counsel to a subject under investigation from the very first interrogation is to help assure that States and their agents (police and prosecutors) do not resort to coercion such as torture or inhuman and degrading treatment to force persons to make statements, but rely on proper police techniques. The arrests as well as precautionary detention of Knox, Sollecito, and Lumumba were in bad faith, IMO. The final judgment of the CSC would appear to support this, although the motivation report will provide more detail on the human rights abuses, one may hope. Lack of such detail acknowledging the human rights abuses may provide grounds for an application to the ECHR.
Yes. CNN. I do not know which BS artist wrote it because I knew what it was and avoided clicking it.
Do you know which lyer is responsible?
Yes, that was Nadeau. Her bias is palpable. For example, she mentions that both Knox and Sollecito have "changed their stories", but fails to mention the pressure of police who would not accept what they were being told. Its guilt by insinuation, and I'd love to see her called out on it, legally.
Nadeau is a special kind of sick, and I truly wish she were sued civilly for her writing over the years, along with Tina Brown, CNN, the Daily Beast, and Lifetime movie network.
We were discussing them being detained that night not for the next year. I believe the arrest was what was questioned (read Bill W). You are moving this 3 days from the 5th to the 8th. As stated repeatedly I did not nor do agree with the 1 year they sat in prison before being charged.
I think the arrest at the time was not unreasonable. Clearly people are detained for periods of time worldwide that are later found not guilty at trial. Of course they should have been provided counsel. I think the interrogation was criminal but at the time I believe the PLE truly believed they had the killers and there was enough circumstantial evidence to arrest them. At the time the bozos thought the shoe prints in blood matched Raf's. I do not believe the PLE were framing the kids from day one.
69. A “reasonable suspicion” that a criminal offence has been committed presupposes the existence of facts or information which would satisfy an objective observer that the person concerned may have committed an offence (Ilgar Mammadov v. Azerbaijan, § 88; Erdagöz v. Turkey, § 51; Fox, Campbell and Hartley v. the United Kingdom, § 32). Therefore, a failure by the authorities to make a genuine inquiry into the basic facts of a case in order to verify whether a complaint was well-founded disclosed a violation of Article 5 § 1 (c) (Stepuleac v. Moldova, § 73; Elçi and Others v. Turkey, § 674)
Selene is an altogether different kettle of fish. Very young, inexperienced, not a real journalist in any sense, because she is indifferent to fact and seems to intentionally promote things that aren't true. For example, she claims the climb to Filomena's second floor window was "impossible".
Can anyone find some of her previous articles (before she started writing about the case)? I made a brief attempt to when I saw one of her tweets but didn't see anything.
Can anyone find some of her previous articles (before she started writing about the case)? I made a brief attempt to when I saw one of her tweets but didn't see anything.
Obviously you found this and it would appear she has just started being a whatever she is. From Brighton, Sussex.
There is a difference between "suspicion" or a need to exclude from "reasonable suspicion" which is a preliminary indication based upon sufficient investigation to provide an objective person with a belief that a case should proceed with an arrest. There is a difference between hypothesizing someone is guilty, and deciding this is true because it has been hypothesized, and on the contrary, searching for evidence to objectively confirm or deny the hypothesis. Conclusions reached without evidence, such as the "staged" break-in, should not be confused with evidence. I repeat the ECHR case-law guidance, but with emphasis added:
There is a difference between "suspicion" or a need to exclude from "reasonable suspicion" which is a preliminary indication based upon sufficient investigation to provide an objective person with a belief that a case should proceed with an arrest. There is a difference between hypothesizing someone is guilty, and deciding this is true because it has been hypothesized, and on the contrary, searching for evidence to objectively confirm or deny the hypothesis. Conclusions reached without evidence, such as the "staged" break-in, should not be confused with evidence.
A curious article in a Portugese newspaper, responds reasonably well to google translate.
It concludes:
One gets the sense that there are British citizens first and second class. This case has passed and there was no scandal, no special television broadcasts. Now imagine if this case had happened in Portugal and want to PJ either the MP or the judges had done the same research, given the same charges and had been given such contradictory judgments. The scandal would be huge and the country would certainly be accused of being the Third World.
Are the Portugese aspiring to reach the status and respect Italy has, er, earned?
The article seems to think PR did the trick in getting acquittals.
http://www.cmjornal.xl.pt/domingo/detalhe/amanda_knox_historia_de_um_crime_perfeito.html
No misintrepretation. It's really as bad as it sounds (yes, I'm portuguese). I'm trying to see if it's possible to take some action against the provably false statements they make in this "article".It showed up on a simple google search for me, for news in the last 24 hours.
Plus I suspect the translation is not perfect, and lends it self to misinterpretation.
The article seems to make clear it is recounting Guede's version, not vouching for it as fact.
The point about attributing the crime to all three, MAY be a similar translation issue, at least possibly.
The consternation over the verdicts and the absence of coverage in the UK I think relates to the vast coverage before hand, and the relative paucity of coverage concerning the last acquittals, which I actually agree with.
Why haven't the UK made a stink about the total insanity of the case against Knox and Sollecito to begin with, and in light of Dr Gill and other international experts telling them all what garbage the case was?
Why have the lies and the suggestion, "oh we'll never know the truth" been allowed to go unchallenged, even promoted by the BBC? (sorry LPA).
I think the UK establishment is cowed by the tabloid culture, and fear of being "monstered". Its hard to be too critical of the media for fear of a backlash.
Whatever the cause, there is and was a serious sickness in the way this case was covered in the UK, in Italy, in the US, and the world.
Quote:
69. A “reasonable suspicion” that a criminal offence has been committed presupposes the existence of facts or information which would satisfy an objective observer that the person concerned may have committed an offence (Ilgar Mammadov v. Azerbaijan, § 88; Erdagöz v. Turkey, § 51; Fox, Campbell and Hartley v. the United Kingdom, § 32). Therefore, a failure by the authorities to make a genuine inquiry into the basic facts of a case in order to verify whether a complaint was well-founded disclosed a violation of Article 5 § 1 (c) (Stepuleac v. Moldova, § 73; Elçi and Others v. Turkey, § 674)
On the night of the 5th the PLE thought the break in was staged for several reasons including "nothing missing", what they thought was an illogical entry point, and what appeared to them a phony tossing of the room. They thought they had a match for the bloody shoe prints. Though Raf's interviews have never been released I don't doubt that he wasn't clear or articulate about the evening. At the time they thought Raf had call the Carabinieri after the PP had arrived. They had a text (Anglo thinks both incoming and outgoing) that they interpreted to mean "don't come to work" and "okay see you in a little while" which would she was lying about being at Raf's all night. They were the ones that found the crime.
This reply to Numbers actually expresses well the dilemma of trusting ANYTHING the PLE said about why they brought Raffaele in for a late night, Nov 5th "interview"/interrogation.Are you suggesting Amanda wasn't a suspect? Sounds much like what the PLE said about the interview until she made her statement.
Can anyone find some of her previous articles (before she started writing about the case)? I made a brief attempt to when I saw one of her tweets but didn't see anything.