• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

Continuation Part 14: Amanda Knox/Raffaele Sollecito

Status
Not open for further replies.
But isn't this just another attempt at rationalisation in order to reconcile a personal belief in Knox's/Sollecito's guilt with today's verdict?

I still barely see an ounce of reflection, hesitation or self-doubt from the pro-guilt commentators, let alone any sort of suggestion that they might have got things even a teeny bit wrong all these years. All I see is bombastic justification and rationalisation, with an overarching theme that Knox and Sollecito are killers who got away with it.

Shouldn't expect any better, I suppose. They had already self-selected as poor thinkers and stubborn, irrational individuals with personal axes to grind, by virtue of them being active members of the pro-guilt community.
Two years ago when I discovered online posting I would find a slam dunk point, hit the send button, and almost feel sorry for the victim who would be compelled to admit they were wrong about the whole case. But gradually I became resigned to the unfathomable mystery, the minds were hard wired and inaccessible.
 
But isn't this just another attempt at rationalisation in order to reconcile a personal belief in Knox's/Sollecito's guilt with today's verdict?

I still barely see an ounce of reflection, hesitation or self-doubt from the pro-guilt commentators, let alone any sort of suggestion that they might have got things even a teeny bit wrong all these years. All I see is bombastic justification and rationalisation, with an overarching theme that Knox and Sollecito are killers who got away with it.

Shouldn't expect any better, I suppose. They had already self-selected as poor thinkers and stubborn, irrational individuals with personal axes to grind, by virtue of them being active members of the pro-guilt community.

I must admit that it fascinates me how things will develop there in the coming days. That strange little forum is a Petri dish in a social laboratory. Jackie is a weird one so where his thinking will go from here is difficult to gauge, but that statement he made appears genuinely reflective. Let's see.
 
Several people talking about how the judgement could affect Guede's conviction and give him the right to a retrial. Well good. In this new-found spirit of sanity in Italy, he could find himself convicted as the sole attacker, and maybe that semen stain analysed, and being on the receiving end of a vastly increased sentence.
 
I suppose if the convictions had been confirmed we wouldn't have been re-examining our positions and wondering if and how we could have got it so wrong, so why should they? But I agree, it's delusional on stilts.

It is indeed irritating the way they go on and on about no justice for Meredith. Meredith seems to have been a nice girl, and indeed she looks lovely in the photos I've seen. (Indeed, the montage at the top of the .org pages is quite beautiful.) All the evidence indicates that she and Amanda were at the beginning of a friendship, one that might have lasted longer than their stay in Perugia. They should have been little old ladies meeting for lunch some time to talk about these crazy days in Italy.

But the way she has been denied justice is that her killer has received a very light sentence and has been placed in a position where he has accepted only a small part of the blame for a horrific act carried out by him and him alone.

I first fell foul of the pro guilt lobby (well Cali Deeva) when I objected to the fact that Guede got away with rape - some may say being convicted of murder is not getting away with it, but I felt that he should have been explicitly convicted of rape. That is how I discovered the pro Guede anti Knox lobby which just reinforced my belief that Sollecito was innocent.
 
I must admit that it fascinates me how things will develop there in the coming days. That strange little forum is a Petri dish in a social laboratory. Jackie is a weird one so where his thinking will go from here is difficult to gauge, but that statement he made appears genuinely reflective. Let's see.


Well, it's only reflective in that he's trying to say that maybe there was never any chance of "justice" (as he defines it, of course....) if the Italian courts were so riddled with corruption and political interference.

That strikes me as entirely different to the type of (true) reflection where someone might instead declare that maybe some or all of what they once thought might not be as they had thought. That maybe the court might have been right in this instance and they might have been at least partially wrong.
 
Several people talking about how the judgement could affect Guede's conviction and give him the right to a retrial. Well good. In this new-found spirit of sanity in Italy, he could find himself convicted as the sole attacker, and maybe that semen stain analysed, and being on the receiving end of a vastly increased sentence.

That is a very interesting point.
 
And with that, given that it's 2.10am here: to sleep, perchance to dream.......

It's been quite an interesting day, all in all :)
 
Well, it's only reflective in that he's trying to say that maybe there was never any chance of "justice" (as he defines it, of course....) if the Italian courts were so riddled with corruption and political interference.

That strikes me as entirely different to the type of (true) reflection where someone might instead declare that maybe some or all of what they once thought might not be as they had thought. That maybe the court might have been right in this instance and they might have been at least partially wrong.

Oh, I see what you mean. I'm going to watch this. He might be on a journey. Perhaps I'm wrong, but I think there are enough of them over there that one or two just might end up working it out. But, maybe not.
 
Maresca quoted by Yummi:



"There is little to comment about. It's a verdict which surprises us and is cause of great grief"

"Meredith's family was not expecting this. They are really very sad"
 
If anyone here goes by 239 at 2+2 forums (or is reading), your ban has been lifted by the mods there, go back & bask in glory
 
Several people talking about how the judgement could affect Guede's conviction and give him the right to a retrial. Well good. In this new-found spirit of sanity in Italy, he could find himself convicted as the sole attacker, and maybe that semen stain analysed, and being on the receiving end of a vastly increased sentence.

That has to be the most profound oddity in this case....the semen stain wasn't tested. ?huh? but it was a ....nevermind
 
Maresca quoted by Yummi:



"There is little to comment about. It's a verdict which surprises us and is cause of great grief"

"Meredith's family was not expecting this. They are really very sad"

Well, there's a cure for that: they can activate their brains.
 
Well hello! Good to see you here. I trust you're satisfied with today's outcome.

I am, indeed.

It has been a circuitous route to a final and correct outcome for Ms. Knox and Mr. Sollecito after they were wrongly accused and wrongly convicted, but it is absolutely great that the threat of a murder conviction is no longer hanging over their heads.

I look forward to reading the reasons for judgment when they are published, as well. I am interested in seeing the rationale for today's decision.


Several people talking about how the judgement could affect Guede's conviction and give him the right to a retrial. Well good. In this new-found spirit of sanity in Italy, he could find himself convicted as the sole attacker, and maybe that semen stain analysed, and being on the receiving end of a vastly increased sentence.


I do not think that is a possibility, even in Italy.
 
Mach keeps ranting and raving he may get a knock at his door. Just ask Frank ! Who by the way deserves a lot of credit for his courage.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom