• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

Continuation Part 14: Amanda Knox/Raffaele Sollecito

Status
Not open for further replies.
And amidst all this, we still have to remember and recognise that this case shows the Italian criminal justice system to be an utter shambles that's not fit for purpose. As you point out, how can one branch of the SC virtually dictate convictions, yet another branch of the same court can completely throw out the case (which has to imply that this latter branch of the court found there to be fundamental and irredeemable problems with the convictions)?

They can still go to the ECHR with this case - there are still human rights issues which probably won't be resolved - length of trial, for one.
 
This is literally the best news we could hope for. I was away from the boards due to many things that were going on in my life, but this...I mean, it is amazing, I can't stop smiling and can't stop thinking about Amanda and Raffaele. What a great day!!!

Poor .ORG and .NET. They are completely loosing it, again.

Rest in peace dear Meredith Kercher.
 
Fourth'd, (or more). Nobody showed more gumption than Mach. I didn't always agree, but he was as game as could be.

I hope Mach will stop by and let us know how he reads the situation, and his thoughts about the motivation coming up to explain it.

My bet is that he will. But I'like bet he will attribute it to some kind of corruption and conspiracy . Probably something to do with the Masons. I wonder what Mignini has to say.
 
I disagree, I think Italy's justice system compares well to that of the USA. Compare the handling of this case, and the relatively short time frame of eight years, to the handling of the very similar wm3 case. Italy beats Arkansas for justice hands down.

The problem is that the Italian legal system does not appear to be following their own rules. The WM3 case, for as horrid as it is, at least followed US legal standards.
 
Damn! This has got to be the worst possible decission. Years spent collecting sorting and analizing evidence in this case is suddenly moot. Now I have to start all over and find a life :(

I still think we should chase down those EDFs and the questura recordings if they exist.

Your contributions here, both before I started posting and since, have been immense.
 
As an end result, they screw with the lives of Knox, Sollecito, the Kerchers, and all of the other people who have been wrapped up in this sordid mess for 8 long years. Then the ISC comes along and says, "never mind".

I'm happy for the ultimate result, but the mess the process left is really a sad state of affairs.

You are right - and it hasn't gone away, nor is it absent for others caught up in it.
 
The problem is that the Italian legal system does not appear to be following their own rules. The WM3 case, for as horrid as it is, at least followed US legal standards.

Did it? A confession from a mentally retarded juvenile which was ruled inadmissable at the second trial, and yet mentioned by a police officer on the witness stand and included in the jury's deliberations doesn't sound legal to me.
 
I spoke to Grinder just now and he is as happy as we are.

Just wanna say a word about my experience here since 2011 when I signed up way too late to make a difference. I am (believe it or not) a lawyer and not a bad one, though I say so myself. The education received here has made me a better one. I could wax for pages on what I've learned. There are some great people here but, for me, LJ and Kaosium have been awesome and I thank them for inspiring me to look closer and think better. Hats off to you two especially.

Hey! Where is Kaosium anyway?
 
That is a different issue which is disgusting and should be criminal because people may go for his healing services when real medicine might help them.
He might be worthy of a regular ISF post because of that.

Uh. yeah. There's been some pretty vile posters out there, even a few that intimated threats, I don't even like to write it.

But that behavior really got to me. Taking advantage of people who are desperate for help, and swindling them with fairy tales, I don't have words for it.

I can't understand why the police aren't on to him yet. i truly believe its a matter of time. Perhaps his prominence from his advocacy in this case will bring him to the attention of the authorities.

Now that would be fitting justice.
 
I disagree, I think Italy's justice system compares well to that of the USA. Compare the handling of this case, and the relatively short time frame of eight years, to the handling of the very similar wm3 case. Italy beats Arkansas for justice hands down.
I am not familiar enough with WM3, but the confession of Miskelly was extraordinarily detailed. Knox and Sollecito could be proved innocent extremely quickly with easily known information. I am in no way suggesting WM3 was remotely acceptable, but there seem to degrees of certainty with which miscarriages can be ascribed.
 
I still think we should chase down those EDFs and the questura recordings if they exist.

Your contributions here, both before I started posting and since, have been immense.


I would love to see the SC motivations report specifically refer to Stefanoni's incompetence, obfuscation, obstruction and repeated attempts to mislead and misdirect. I would like there to be a proper, impartial inquiry into the gigantic mess that was the forensic investigation in this case, and the (perhaps even less forgivable) way in which the courts acted to protect, and give undue deference to, the police's forensic scientists - with the result that junk evidence assumed an astonishingly improper level of credibility in the convicting courts.

I would also love to see the report drill down into the situation regarding the 5th/6th November interrogations. Again, I'd like to see a proper inquiry into what actually happened, and how the police and PM conspired to get a pre-determined result through a highly-choreographed routine which involved a conscious denial of rights.

Oh, and I hope that Hellmann is perhaps sipping a quiet brandy or fine grappa tonight, with some small measure of satisfaction playing on his face.
 
Damn! This has got to be the worst possible decission. Years spent collecting sorting and analizing evidence in this case is suddenly moot. Now I have to start all over and find a life :(
Sarah Scazzi?
 
In case npo one posted it
Amanda Knox: "I am tremendously relieved and grateful for the decision of the Supreme Court ... I have received invaluable support from family, friends, and strangers. To them, I say: Thank you from the bottom of my heart."
 
Damn! This has got to be the worst possible decission. Years spent collecting sorting and analizing evidence in this case is suddenly moot. Now I have to start all over and find a life :(

Great job Dan. I really admire the work you did!. It'seems been great to know you.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom