• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

Continuation Part 14: Amanda Knox/Raffaele Sollecito

Status
Not open for further replies.
Michael on PMF.net has issued some fatherly advice to his fellow posters, about getting carried away and making posts which could be libellous. Seems like an outbreak of reality.

At last! The kind of wild statements that have been common currency on the blogs in this case are now, officially, defamatory.


But he's also calling them "mature and intelligent". :rolleyes:

And he's already posted his pretty distasteful opinion that Knox (not Sollecito, Michael?) is a killer who's lucky to have got away with it.

No class. No class at all. And, I suspect, certain "issues".........
 
I'm very curious to see reax from the pro-guilt folks who leaned heavily on the sanctity of Italian officialdom. The cognitive dissonance must be explosive right about now.
 
What an amazing display of courage by the Italian high court. I've never been prouder to be Italian. Will be celebrating tonight for Amanda, Raffaele and in seeing justice win out over incompetence and corruption. Still pinching myself..

It really is. It took longer than it should but they got there in the end. After that first SC ruling which practically ordered a conviction, I'm still stunned...
 
I just couldn't care less about the guilters now (not that I ever read their forums, but their contributions here have been dire). They have been neutered. No need for schadenfreude. I just feel so relieved!
 
Thirded, I respect Machiavelli although I don't always agree with him. At least he had the guts to come here and have his views challenged pretty fiercely.

Fourth'd, (or more). Nobody showed more gumption than Mach. I didn't always agree, but he was as game as could be.

I hope Mach will stop by and let us know how he reads the situation, and his thoughts about the motivation coming up to explain it.
 
I think there's one very important thing that needs to be said at this moment:

I found it disgusting the way that so many pro-guilt commentators attempted to polarise this debate into "pro-Knox/Sollecito" vs "Justice for Meredith".

The truth - even though they didn't want it to be the truth - was that both "sides" were looking for "Justice for Meredith".

I keep quoting you, but I again agree with this. People would keep bringing up the idea that thinking Amanda/Raffaele were not guilty, was somehow forgetting about Meredith Kercher. It was suggested that if people spoke out about the injustice they were witnessing, they were somehow forgetting about Meredith and her family - or even worse against Meredith and her family.
 
Finally! I gave up on this thread a long time ago but damn it's good to see some real justice.

The calunia thing is a bunch of crap and Amanda should pursue that to the end. I love Italian food and wine but the justice system sucks (and BTW I'm not claiming the usa is super great either).
 
Arline Kercher "surprised and shocked"

Barbie wasn't even aware that an acquittal was even possible.


That's cos Barbie's a third-rate mind who's not a very good journalist, but who has a fairly good eye for following whichever way the wind is blowing.

Fortunately, this outcome means we probably won't be hearing or seeing much of Nadeau or Vogt. They can slip back comfortably into the near-obscurity from whence they came. Unless Vogt wants to continue her Woodward-Bernstein-esque publication of mundane State Dept cables about the case :D
 
It really is. It took longer than it should but they got there in the end. After that first SC ruling which practically ordered a conviction, I'm still stunned...


And amidst all this, we still have to remember and recognise that this case shows the Italian criminal justice system to be an utter shambles that's not fit for purpose. As you point out, how can one branch of the SC virtually dictate convictions, yet another branch of the same court can completely throw out the case (which has to imply that this latter branch of the court found there to be fundamental and irredeemable problems with the convictions)?
 
Anyone want to open a book on how long it takes Vogt and Nadeau to suddenly start writing pro-innocence articles and making "what went so wrong with this case?" documentaries?

Well my understanding is that the tabloids prepare in advance versions for alternative outcomes, so they can be first to press.

I think they have both played the snooker right to the line, having ensconced themselves as 'experts', they can play the ball anywhere it lies.

So yeah, I'm guessing pretty quick.
 
So I think the calunnia conviction is crap as if AK was not present she could not know who was guilty.

Well that's interesting. I'm not sure we know that the court's ruling will be that she wasn't present - in the kitchen, say. There is a lot more information to come out.

But it is crap - of course. And the ECHR will say so - eventually.
 
And amidst all this, we still have to remember and recognise that this case shows the Italian criminal justice system to be an utter shambles that's not fit for purpose. As you point out, how can one branch of the SC virtually dictate convictions, yet another branch of the same court can completely throw out the case (which has to imply that this latter branch of the court found there to be fundamental and irredeemable problems with the convictions)?

I disagree, I think Italy's justice system compares well to that of the USA. Compare the handling of this case, and the relatively short time frame of eight years, to the handling of the very similar wm3 case. Italy beats Arkansas for justice hands down.
 
And amidst all this, we still have to remember and recognise that this case shows the Italian criminal justice system to be an utter shambles that's not fit for purpose. As you point out, how can one branch of the SC virtually dictate convictions, yet another branch of the same court can completely throw out the case (which has to imply that this latter branch of the court found there to be fundamental and irredeemable problems with the convictions)?

As an end result, they screw with the lives of Knox, Sollecito, the Kerchers, and all of the other people who have been wrapped up in this sordid mess for 8 long years. Then the ISC comes along and says, "never mind".

I'm happy for the ultimate result, but the mess the process left is really a sad state of affairs.
 
Damn! This has got to be the worst possible decission. Years spent collecting sorting and analizing evidence in this case is suddenly moot. Now I have to start all over and find a life :(
 
Michael on PMF.net has issued some fatherly advice to his fellow posters, about getting carried away and making posts which could be libellous. Seems like an outbreak of reality.

At last! The kind of wild statements that have been common currency on the blogs in this case are now, officially, defamatory.


But he's also calling them "mature and intelligent". :rolleyes:

And he's already posted his pretty distasteful opinion that Knox (not Sollecito, Michael?) is a killer who's lucky to have got away with it.

No class. No class at all. And, I suspect, certain "issues".........

I agree, it's graceless - but at least measured, compared with some of the others. In a self-preservation way, of course.

The point is, he's saying that people who think the same way as him need to be aware that they could be laying themselves open to legal consequences. The outbreak of reality is that now Amanda and Raff have all the protections against defamation available to you and me - not to mention legal teams at their disposal.
 
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom