• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

Thoughts about Munns' Book When Roger Met Patty

Nice try WP, but extreme fail. That is not what we're seeing with the heel in the example I pointed out.
 
This is my Card #3. It is the frame immediately after Card #2 (also River's card). Patty's right foot has moved slightly forward from Card #2.

ss11_zps6694ed64.gif


lY4f_zps01fe95fd.gif
 
The foreground materials (debris, sand and whatnot) are very overexposed and so are almost invisible. They only reveal themselves when Patty's black legs and feet are behind them and even then you only see an approximate outline of the stuff.
 
Hey guys I posted my footflap gif in photobucket so hopefully this link works.

I'm not seeing ground debris but I'm open to discussion.

http://s1376.photobucket.com/user/squatchymcsquatch/library/?view=recent&page=1
It would be handy to see the next pace by the left leg immediately after the step in your sequence - just to see if the foreground material (if indeed that is what we are seeing) obscures the "following" left foot at the same point.

Any chance of slowing the gif? It is difficult to see the shape being formed at the right heel. A frame by frame may help demonstrate that it is not a foreground obstruction?
 
It would be handy to see the next pace by the left leg immediately after the step in your sequence - just to see if the foreground material (if indeed that is what we are seeing) obscures the "following" left foot at the same point.

Any chance of slowing the gif? It is difficult to see the shape being formed at the right heel. A frame by frame may help demonstrate that it is not a foreground obstruction?
This animated gif is composed of 26 frames and includes everything Squatchy presented and more. I can isolate and post any of those 26 frames if I know which ones I am being asked for.

5772a_zpsrsmhkrmx.gif
 
When viewed in motion you can see the irregular outline of the foreground debris as Patty's black feet pass behind the stuff. That foreground material creates the optical illusion of a flap of costume at the heel in Card #2.

River, those aren't chips that you are eating.
 
What I see is a large fleck appearing then disappearing, followed by the jagged ground obscuring part of the foot. This creates the illusion of a flap in motion.
 
When viewed in motion you can see the irregular outline of the foreground debris as Patty's black feet pass behind the stuff. That foreground material creates the optical illusion of a flap of costume at the heel in Card #2.

River, those aren't chips that you are eating.

Ridiculous. Here is the clip a little slower. If you'd take note; the left foot would've had to disappear this imaginary obstruction you've invented in order to be seen without obstruction in the way of it as well. Basically, there is nothing there blocking the view. It would've been seen in other frames as well, including the frame just before the wider gap (where is this obstruction when you can see the entire foot there??) Where is this obstruction in ANY other frame WP? (hint, missing - because it is imaginary!) It is the suit coming apart at the heel. You can see it start to pull apart in the frame just before as well. (in a completely different ground location) Sorry WP. Fail!


Here are some gifs to demonstrate this.

kVPhDBw.gif


even slower

VjIod79.gif


showing the frame before where any obstruction would be also blocking the foot if it were present. It also shows the gap beginning to form.

62jY8rs.gif
 
Last edited:
...
Here are some gifs to demonstrate this.
<snip>
even slower

[qimg]http://i.imgur.com/VjIod79.gif[/qimg]
Thanks - that was what I was thinking of.

I can't see an obstruction when the trailing left foot passes the "expected" spot.
But that said, they way I interpret it, when the left foot passes the spot where the foreground "obstruction" would be expected to be seen it is between frames.

Thanks for the gif River. I'll now fade back to lurking, 'cos I can't add anything useful to the discussion.
 
Because the left foot is lifted and moved forward higher than the obstruction I am talking about. This is not true for the right foot.


Not. Face it, your explanation fails. The left foot moves right through the exact same area. (with no "obstruction")
 
Last edited:
I have a stupid question. I'm not a graphics guy but I know graphics software has progressed tremendously since the PGF.

Is there any type of software that can detect metal? Like metal clasps,hooks or such on Patty with some type of software manipulation.
 
I have a stupid question. I'm not a graphics guy but I know graphics software has progressed tremendously since the PGF.

Is there any type of software that can detect metal? Like metal clasps,hooks or such on Patty with some type of software manipulation.

The problem is that if the information isn't in the source then no procedure can bring it out and the film we have to work with if fuzzy and lacking in details.
 
I'm having trouble following this one!
Is someone arguing that Patty is real?
 

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom