• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

Continuation Part 10: Amanda Knox/Raffaele Sollecito

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is nothing in Amanda's book that is all that controversial and nothing that hasn't been in her testimony or what she hasn't already said about the case. Most of the book really is about the time leading up to the murder and how she dealt with being in prison awaiting the nightmare to end.


I agree with what you say. However I suspect that some view it as her basking in victory. And for the judicial folks involved it brought more attention to them, and not in the light that they liked. My speculation. And again, Monday morning quarter backing. I would hate to be in her or Raffaele's shoes and be judged by my actions.
 
I would agree that it probably wasn't the greatest decision - however, for someone who is apparently a self proclaimed objective observer, who has no opinion on their guilt/innocence - you are terribly rude about the people using this site.
I think it would be human nature for an innocent person, on hearing a judge who was known to have empannelled a jury of far higher academic and legal qualifications than did the convicting judge, who moreover was a close friend of the prosecutor, to confidently believe that the declaration of innocence/ complete non involvement meant she could rejoin the human race that enjoyed freedoms for which world wars had been waged.

I hope that is not waxing too lyrical:o
 
Last edited:
I think it would be human nature for an innocent person, on hearing a judge who was known to have empannelled a jury of far higher academic and legal qualifications than did the convicting judge, who moreover was a close friend of the prosecutor, to confidently believe that the declaration of innocence/ complete non involvement meant she could rejoin the human race that enjoyed freedoms for which world wars had been waged.

I hope that is not waxing too lyrical:o

Imagine you have millions in debt, legal bills, family...even the grandma 2nd mortgages her house...Migninni and Pack the ruining lives game he plays so well, like a sadist almost, egotistical, suing everyone he can.

and some publisher offers a huge amount of money, with a time window the offer is on the table most likely.

and Amanda and Raffaelle had been freed by the Italian Legal System..

do you accept the funds for a book? I would.
 
Imagine you have millions in debt, legal bills, family...even the grandma 2nd mortgages her house...Migninni and Pack the ruining lives game he plays so well, like a sadist almost, egotistical, suing everyone he can.

and some publisher offers a huge amount of money, with a time window the offer is on the table most likely.

and Amanda and Raffaelle had been freed by the Italian Legal System..

do you accept the funds for a book? I would.

There is a far bigger narrative here.
It is completely impossible to put your heart and soul into a narrative that gainsays your adversaries' case, and do a book tour.
And not be telling the truth.
Wake up world.
 
There is a far bigger narrative here.
It is completely impossible to put your heart and soul into a narrative that gainsays your adversaries' case, and do a book tour.
And not be telling the truth.
Wake up world.

I am sure that the pro guilt side will just argue that she is the ultimate actress.
 
Nencini's sham even-handedness

Nencini's criticism of Conti and Vecchiotti is remarkable given his weak and disingenuous criticisms of the forensic police. Why Nencini thinks he is better equipped to make a decision about whether or not contamination might have happened than Conti and Vecchiotti is extremely bewildering. The notion that there are harmless errors in forensic technique is a dangerous precedent IMO.
 
Last edited:
Mr. Maresca's view of Italian forensics vs. reality

Nencini also defends Stefanoni against the charge that she used the suspect-centered method of analyzing the bra clasp egrams. This plus his disingenuous comments about her lack of reporting peaks gives some credence to the hypothesis that he and the SCC wish to protect the reputation of the forensic lab. The report by Conti and Vecchiotti could have helped lead Italian forensics forward, a little bit like the Swecker-Wolf report helped straighten out North Carolina's state crime lab. Instead, the SCC and Nencini are helping to guide Italian forensics backward. The Kercher's lawyer Mr. Maresca was once quoted as saying that Italy was showing the world, and the United States, how to do forensics. For the sake of innocent defendants everywhere, I certainly hope not.
 
I agree with what you say. However I suspect that some view it as her basking in victory. And for the judicial folks involved it brought more attention to them, and not in the light that they liked. My speculation. And again, Monday morning quarter backing. I would hate to be in her or Raffaele's shoes and be judged by my actions.

You may be right.....but if you read Amanda's book, you will see that she didn't spend much time bashing the Italian authorities. It is more "how did this happen?" and "how can they believe that we killed Meredith?" The tone is mostly bewilderment and the thought "when will this nightmare end"?
 
Borsini report?

I agree with what you say. However I suspect that some view it as her basking in victory. And for the judicial folks involved it brought more attention to them, and not in the light that they liked. My speculation. And again, Monday morning quarter backing. I would hate to be in her or Raffaele's shoes and be judged by my actions.
If Ms. Vogt's report is accurate (given that she referred to Mr. Gumbel as a ghost writer, this is open to question), then it is Raffaele's book that is the target. However, I resist the interpretation that writing/publishing a book had any influence on the case. I think that the motivations report on Guede is a pretty clear indication of where things were headed, circa 2010. Of course, if the books did influence the subsequent judgment, it reflects poorly on the Italian system.
 
Last edited:
If Ms. Vogt's report is accurate (given that she referred to Mr. Gumbel as a ghost writer, this is open to question), then it is Raffaele's book that is the target. However, I resist the interpretation that writing/publishing a book had any influence on the case. I think that the motivations report on Guede is a pretty clear indication of where things were headed, circa 2010. Of course, if the books did influence the subsequent judgment, it reflects poorly on the Italian system.

Ha, if books could influence the case then it kind of puts paid to the guilter argument that the efforts of Steve Moore, John Douglass et al, and even the acres of time people spend typing in forums are all in vain and cannot possibly influence a trial.
 
.
.
.
Stefanoni's knowledge of contamination is probably equal to her knowledge of how to correctly store evidence, which is pretty close to nil, and thus her certainty about contamination is just as nil or just as certain as her knowledge of how to do proper storage.
.
.
.
d

-


Her (Stefanoni's) lying in Judge Micheli's court about the knife DNA sample size and her refusing to produce the EDFs at the defenses' and court's request must also be factored in. In addition, Diocletus and others of JREF have shown the information which she has released is fraught with inconsistencies.

Stefanoni's actions may be due to incompetence, but from where I sit her actions are more of a criminal nature . . .
 
Excuse me?

She's one strange lady.


What does that add to the discussion? She's not two strange ladies, naturally.

I suppose she's "strange" because you don't like her viewpoint. Indeed, how can anyone who doesn't go along with the pathetic conspiracy clap-trap be considered "normal" to the pathetic AK fan club?
 
What does that add to the discussion? She's not two strange ladies, naturally.

I suppose she's "strange" because you don't like her viewpoint. Indeed, how can anyone who doesn't go along with the pathetic conspiracy clap-trap be considered "normal" to the pathetic AK fan club?

Are you willing to discuss the evidence open and honestly?
 
If Ms. Vogt's report is accurate (given that she referred to Mr. Gumbel as a ghost writer, this is open to question), then it is Raffaele's book that is the target. However, I resist the interpretation that writing/publishing a book had any influence on the case. I think that the motivations report on Guede is a pretty clear indication of where things were headed, circa 2010. Of course, if the books did influence the subsequent judgment, it reflects poorly on the Italian system.


As always you make good points. I will pull out my copy of AK's book at some point. Or as you point out, maybe it is RS's book... It will be interesting to see the horrible slander that has been commited against the Hon. Mignini.

Per Vogt's article:

The court order, signed by Florence judge Limongi and deposited in the Florence court clerk’s office September 18, sets a preliminary hearing for January 22, 2015 in Florence. It cites the addresses of two different Perugia attorneys as the legal addresses for Sollecito and Gumbel, who are not required to appear in court. The order for “rinvio di giudizio” lists specific offending passages in the preface and on pages 75, 101, 102, 146, 147, 176, 177, 178,n 185 216, 217 and 219-222. The 11-page order is in response to a complaint filed by lawyers on behalf of Prosecutor Giuliano Mignini, the original prosecutor in the Perugia case. A number of the claims refer to criminal abuse of office allegations that were thrown out by courts in Italy.​
 
It does seem to be RS's book. AIUI he wrote it with Gumbel so that the English would be correct. Was there an Italian version?

Ah wal, another feast day for Italian lawyers.
 
As always you make good points. I will pull out my copy of AK's book at some point. Or as you point out, maybe it is RS's book... It will be interesting to see the horrible slander that has been commited against the Hon. Mignini.

Per Vogt's article:

The court order, signed by Florence judge Limongi and deposited in the Florence court clerk’s office September 18, sets a preliminary hearing for January 22, 2015 in Florence. It cites the addresses of two different Perugia attorneys as the legal addresses for Sollecito and Gumbel, who are not required to appear in court. The order for “rinvio di giudizio” lists specific offending passages in the preface and on pages 75, 101, 102, 146, 147, 176, 177, 178,n 185 216, 217 and 219-222. The 11-page order is in response to a complaint filed by lawyers on behalf of Prosecutor Giuliano Mignini, the original prosecutor in the Perugia case. A number of the claims refer to criminal abuse of office allegations that were thrown out by courts in Italy.​

maybe they should learn about the Streisand Effect
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Streisand_effect
The Streisand effect is the phenomenon whereby an attempt to hide, remove, or censor a piece of information has the unintended consequence of publicizing the information more widely, usually facilitated by the Internet.

It is named after American entertainer Barbra Streisand, whose 2003 attempt to suppress photographs of her residence in Malibu, California inadvertently generated further publicity of it. Similar attempts have been made, for example, in cease-and-desist letters to suppress numbers, files, and websites. Instead of being suppressed, the information receives extensive publicity and media extensions such as videos and spoof songs, often being widely mirrored across the Internet or distributed on file-sharing networks
 
I suppose she's "strange" because you don't like her viewpoint. Indeed, how can anyone who doesn't go along with the pathetic conspiracy clap-trap be considered "normal" to the pathetic AK fan club?

I think she's strange because she seems dopey, she runs an obscure website, and I'm pretty sure she's smelled Mignini's farts. She's a freelancer for a reason.

I'm on the fence about the conspiracy thing. Are wrongful convictions conspiracies or not? How about when three people who don't all know each other get together to poop in someone's toilet, steal her stuff, prank her, rape her and kill her. Is that a conspiracy?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom