anglolawyer
Banned
I know part 3 of that video got lost in transport. I didn't know that there was a part 4. Have you got links?
I have nothing that Methos can't find faster. Four hours may have been an exaggeration.
I know part 3 of that video got lost in transport. I didn't know that there was a part 4. Have you got links?
Grinder - I swear, you confuse me with someone else. But it is good to see the old Grinder back with the strawman arguments intact.Bill the mattress was moved by the detectives after the CSI was supposed to be done. Nencini's mistake, if he in fact made it as you describe, has absolutely nothing to do with the second search and does nothing to shine light on the value of forensics found after the non-CSI search.
No I'm not, and no we don't.While I don't accept the case against Raf, you misrepresent what the case against him is. You are purposely misrepresenting in order to deceive and we all know what that means.
Nencini even says, straight out of the blue, that Raffaele's DNA is on that knife. No one, not Mignini, Comodi, Crini, Massei, no one said that before Nencini pulled it out of thin air.They say the footprint on the bathmat matches. They say he lied about staying in all night. They say he turned off his phones to avoid detection. They say that he called the police after the postals arrived. They say that his knife had Meredith's DNA on it.
I struggle with the point you're making. The movement of the mattress alone, the finding of Meredith's track-jacket in the hamper demonstrates a corrupted crime-scene.I don't believe the clasp is good evidence and state that so that no one here gets confused, but I don't believe that it was not possible to have discovered something on the 18th of value. No one has refuted that had they found Raf's semen or blood on the clasp or elsewhere it would have been great evidence. Same is true of anyone else like Koko or his buddy.
Bill Williams said:I struggle with the point you're making. The movement of the mattress alone, the finding of Meredith's track-jacket in the hamper demonstrates a corrupted crime-scene.I don't believe the clasp is good evidence and state that so that no one here gets confused, but I don't believe that it was not possible to have discovered something on the 18th of value. No one has refuted that had they found Raf's semen or blood on the clasp or elsewhere it would have been great evidence. Same is true of anyone else like Koko or his buddy.
This is a strange place to find something nice to say about Stefanoni, just to take a poke at me.
I just create a bookmark http://www.internationalskeptics.com/forums/showthread.php?t=281429&page=200. That automatically takes me to the last page in the thread. And then work backward from there. Usually I am only a page or two behind. Unless the page is larger than 200. I guess I could create a page =500. The thread never goes that high.
Not for all the videos that are availableI have nothing that Methos can't find faster. Four hours may have been an exaggeration.
For all we know they are on the clasp - there are unidentified profiles after all. Anyway, I'm afraid I wouldn't consider it significant evidence, no. There's too much contamination and disruption in that crime scene for any DNA evidence collected in December to be compelling as far as I'm concerned. Wasn't the cottage broken into between the two collection dates? Plus the lab work seems incompetent. I don't think Rudy's DNA collected in December should be admissible either - they screwed up.
If they found a hidden stash of someone's (e.g. Rudy's) clothes, or the knife, somewhere other than the cottage, that would be significant. But the cottage was completely trashed, clothes and shoes all over the place - bloody items mixed with non-bloody. Any amount of DNA transfer could have occurred, and who knows who the residents of that cottage came into contact with in the preceding months?
Grinder, you said upthread the bra clasp discovery was unrelated to the shoe ring thing. How do you know this? My understanding of the sequence is:
1 shoe ring discovery
2 Francesco and relative blab about it on phone
3 Cops pick that up
4 Cops 'find' clasp
5 Family goes public with shoe rings
6 Cops announce clasp result
I realize something else about Grinder's argument. . . .He is suggesting that the investigators are incompetent enough to miss a bra clasp covered in blood and/or semen the first time![]()
I found this long ago post from Fine a moment ago,
any chance that Diocletus can have a look at it?
"Charlie
This entry from your list of samples taken from Meredith's bedroom:
"Rep. 111: Gummy white substance on left wall of wardrobe .... No profile"
This appears to be chewing gum. But if chewing gum shouldn't it have revealed a DNA profile of the person---Meredith or an assailant---who had chewed the gum? Did the prosecution or defense ever incorporate this "gummy white substance" into a crime scenario?"
///
Reply from Charlie Wilkes:
"I'm not aware of any attention being paid to this, because it didn't yield a profile. It seems like it could have been a number of things, maybe some kind of adhesive or cosmetic."
Hey Diocletus, or anyone else:
What do you think?
Gum?
Cosmetics?
Adhesive?
Weird that apparently no attention was paid to this...
RW
Nencini's mistake had nothing to do with the second search? You're kiiding, right? The bra-clasp is a result of the second search, and the missing mattress is testament to the activity in that room either as a result of the shut down of the CSI (only to be resumed again in mid-December) or unknown activity inbetween.
Regardless, it speaks of a non-secure room which makes Filomena's rummaging of her own room back on Nov 2 (pre-body discovery) look pedestrian.
I struggle with the point you're thrying to make here, so obviously at odds with the timeline. A missing mattress will roil a room just to move it. It will compromise a crime-scene for any meaningful DNA-forensics, when taken osmotically with all the other stuff found in different places on Dec 18..
No I'm not, and no we don't.
Nencini even says, straight out of the blue, that Raffaele's DNA is on that knife. No one, not Mignini, Comodi, Crini, Massei, no one said that before Nencini pulled it out of thin air.
I struggle with the point you're making. The movement of the mattress alone, the finding of Meredith's track-jacket in the hamper demonstrates a corrupted crime-scene.
This is a strange place to find something nice to say about Stefanoni, just to take a poke at me.
First came the rite:IIRC it was stolen much later when the cottage was broken into and people lit candles and had some sort of rite. I think it was a Lutheran or Methodist rite![]()
Yes you are. The bra clasp isn't the only evidence against Raf.
Please ecplain where the contamination could possibly have come from. While Novelli's demand to explain where Meredith's DNA could have come from the DNA of Koko or another wouldn't be explained in the same way.
There is a picture by Barbie that many believe indicates the cottage was entered but there is no evidence that the cottage was burgled and most think that the police entered it without recording the entrance.
Do you think that someone carried Rudi's DNA into the cottage and rubbed it on some of Meredith's stuff? They had all the evidence they needed on him as well as the Skype call and I believe he told the police in more than one country that he was there when she was murdered. He admitted dumping shoes in Germany.
While LCN DNA is very easily transferred not so much with plain old DNA and if it was found in certain forms it would absolutely solid evidence.
The last remark would indicate no LCN DNA could ever be used. You would say that Koko would claim he had a beer at Le Chic and must have transferred DNA to the glass which Amanda picked up and brought home and put it on the towel which Meredith touched and then put on the clasp?
I think people here are overdoing the contamination angle. The residents of the house are different from people that had never been in the place and had Koko's DNA been found the first day the same theory of meeting a resident would apply.
Seriously. Sometimes I think you're simply going for laughs.Of course Nencini was talking about the clasp recovered in the second search but his mistake has nothing to do with the results being contaminated. He just made a mistake although I've yet seen the link to his words.
Huh!? It was not said about Filomena that she was "looking". The word used was "rummaging".What would you suggest the PP should have done when they were shown the break-in? Had the ICSI found Rudi's hair and blood on the broken window do you think F would have compromised that by looking to see what if anything was stolen
Huh?Quicquid. Obviously finding LCN DNA from residents of the house becomes of very little value after the tossing but not of no value under circumstances explained above.
And the other evidence is..........?Yes you are. The bra clasp isn't the only evidence against Raf.
You said that, "I don't believe that it was not possible to have discovered something on the 18th of value," which is perhaps the only possible way to say something nice about Stefanoni.And point is? Nencini, still haven't seen his own words, made a huge embarrassing mistake that has nothing to do with the subject being discussed.
Please show me where I said something nice about Steffy.
You either go with C&V or Stefonani, and if on a jury I'd been more open to the lab being contaminated. But the clasp was stepped on too and we've all seen enough pictures of the shoes standing in blood and out on the terrace and everywhere else.
Nencini's mistake had everything to do with the possibility of the clasp being contaminated.
His mistake had everything to do with the results being contaminated, which he was trying to explain away.
Huh!? It was not said about Filomena that she was "looking". The word used was "rummaging".
And the other evidence is..........?
You said that, "I don't believe that it was not possible to have discovered something on the 18th of value," which is perhaps the only possible way to say something nice about Stefanoni.
..... and Nencini's dumb words are about him discounting contamination, which is precisely the subject being discussed - the missing mattress on Deb 18 being the sure sign of a room now completely compromised forensicly.
I think you misunderstood the entire exchange. It was about finding someone else s DNA on the 18th such as Koko or another Albanian. No one is accepting Steffy's work currently discussing.
His mistake as you claim is that he attributed male evdience to females. The mistake would be exactly the same if contamination wasn't an issue.
quicquid
You think because Follain wrote it, it has extra value, funny. She was asked to LOOK and see what was missing and she did that. At any rate you have in the past tried to make her actions create a situation whereby the whole room was spoiled and you are just wrong. Had the missing hair or blood on the window been tested it would have been perfectly good evidence.
Ask and answered. It is a pure lie to say there was no evidence against Raf except the clasp
What a daft statement. Had they found a bit of semen on Meredith's top that would have been good evidence even on the 18th. It has nothing to do with Steffy or anybody. The discussion is about whether or not evidence of value could have been found on the 18th and it obviously could and it doesn't matter who was leading the discussion.
perhaps glasses would be in order - the mattress wasn't missing only moved - and I repeat had certain things been found no matter what compromise had occurred they would still be good evidence. Would Koko's semen on Meredith's top have been of value? You love the absolute proclamations but you are wrong.
I did ask nice "What evidence do you see against Raff other than the contaminated bra clasp?" I cannot recall anything else.