• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

Happy Celebrate Traitors Day!

I would have thought die-hard Confederate sympathizers wouldn't want to celebrate any days for Jefferson Davis, seeing how the man failed their cause. Who celebrates failure?

I think the same thing every time I drive by a house displaying a Contraitorate flag. There's a house not far from me which displays several on a small forest of individual flagpoles.
 
I think the same thing every time I drive by a house displaying a Contraitorate flag. There's a house not far from me which displays several on a small forest of individual flagpoles.

I bet that household is just abuzz with interesting, highly enlightened discussion.
 
I would like to wish a happy Jefferson Davies day to all of the traitorous, racist worshiping bastards in Alabama. I don’t need to be drinking to share my hatred of confederate, and neo-confederate racists traitors. I’ll bet there are plenty of Jefferson Davies celebrations going on today in Alabama.

The good people of Alabama (I know there are plenty of them), should do away with this abomination.

Daredelvis

But how else are they supposed to show their hatred and contempt for being part of the US?
 
Washington "privately" opposed slavery? Tell that to Oney JudgeWP.

Also, his slaves were not freed on his death. They were freed on Martha Washington's death. Apparently Washington didn't think through what it would be like for his wife, living in a household of slaves looking forward to the day she dies.

Wrong, Martha freed them before her death.
 
9188244350_4db81a0c37_z_zps1d475e86.jpg


There's also this billboard, on I-20 Westbound, just outside of Oxford, AL (about an hour's drive from where I live in Birmingham).
 
[qimg]http://i479.photobucket.com/albums/rr157/antpogo/9188244350_4db81a0c37_z_zps1d475e86.jpg[/qimg]

There's also this billboard, on I-20 Westbound, just outside of Oxford, AL (about an hour's drive from where I live in Birmingham).

Anybody want to check out the website on that billboard? Not me.

McAfee®, Inc.

Contact us

Warning: Dangerous Site
Whoa!
Are you sure you want to go there?

http://www.csa150.com/ may be risky to visit.

Why were you redirected to this page?

When we visited this site, we found it exhibited one or more risky behaviors.
 
[qimg]http://i479.photobucket.com/albums/rr157/antpogo/9188244350_4db81a0c37_z_zps1d475e86.jpg[/qimg]

There's also this billboard, on I-20 Westbound, just outside of Oxford, AL (about an hour's drive from where I live in Birmingham).

Since you're a native- can you fill me in on what "truth" these folks think is getting ready to rise again?
 
Okay, I found CSA150 on Twitter. Is there some kind of illiterate cutesiness in mis-typing Southern as "Southron", or is this an organization run by an illiterate redneck.

I've never seen the mis-spelling used intentionally, but I found some sort of site called "Southron Thunder", so maybe it's a dog whistle? (Considering that the, er, "blogger" on Southron Thunder signs his news article as "John Wilkes Booth", I'm wondering if Aryan Nation or Stormfront followers have come across this.)

And to get back to the OP. It's apologia for the Confederacy and more in the continuing movement to honor not just the dead but to honor and respect the ideals of the Confederacy. It's the same as much of the revisionism being written out of Auburn... Let's put a glossy face on the war and make it sound like it was about something other than what it was about... our right to own other people. It's the same crap as the people who wanted to maintain Nathan Bedford Forrest's name on a high school in a mixed race neighborhood in Jacksonville, and the recent brouhaha over including a monument within a Florida battlefield park... to fallen black soldiers.

They're still fighting the war, and if given the opportunity would roll history back to that era. Hint to Southern States. You want to honor your heritage, pick something else other than those five years out of the three hundred and maybe we'll start to believe you that it's not all about the racism and hatred.
 
Since you're a native- can you fill me in on what "truth" these folks think is getting ready to rise again?

Ask 10 people here and you'll get 20 different answers. The South will rise again to combat whatever pisses them off. It's the mating call of the jackass.
 
Okay, I found CSA150 on Twitter. Is there some kind of illiterate cutesiness in mis-typing Southern as "Southron", or is this an organization run by an illiterate redneck.

I've never seen the mis-spelling used intentionally, but I found some sort of site called "Southron Thunder", so maybe it's a dog whistle?
It is in origin a Scottish expression referring to English people, or to the English language as spoken in England (as opposed to Scottish forms of that language). See the World English Dictionary:
Southron (ˈsʌðrən)
— n
1. chiefly ( Scot ) a Southerner, esp an Englishman
2. ( Scot ) the English language as spoken in England
3. dialect chiefly ( Southern US ) an inhabitant of the South, esp at the time of the Civil War
— adj
4. chiefly ( Scot ) of or relating to the South or to England
This source also notes its later American usage. In Scotland the expression was certainly in use by the sixteenth century.
 
Is there some kind of illiterate cutesiness in mis-typing Southern as "Southron", or is this an organization run by an illiterate redneck.

Don't know, but now I have this image on my head of Sauron sporting a mullet and a wife-beater, fashioning the One Ring out of a can of Bud.
 
Quote
Okay, I found CSA150 on Twitter. Is there some kind of illiterate cutesiness in mis-typing Southern as "Southron", or is this an organization run by an illiterate redneck.
/quote

The obscure term is meant to create an Otherness mentality for those who self-identify with it, so like a dog whistle word or secret handshake word but also an internal metaprogramming tool.
 
ODS is an opaque cloud impervious to the light of reality.

Well, the Bergdahl thing is a perfect illustration of Rule One of ODS: Whatever Obama did, it's wrong. It matters not a bit that he did something that you were berating him for failing to do yesterday. As soon as he did it, it became wrong.
 

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom