• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

The 276

http://www.cnn.com/2014/05/06/world/africa/nigeria-abductions-why-it-matters/

Wondering if there is going to be any sort of infiltration/rescue effort.
This strikes me as an unacceptable injustice.

My first reaction to all this was "I'd like to shoot that bastard's left testicle off and then turn him over to the mothers and aunts of the girls He's kidnapped"
The smirk on the face of the HMFIC as well as his minions deserves to be removed with extreme prejudice.
 
Gotta get some Special Forces in this. If there's a cause worthy of action, this is it. They've promised these kids' collective fate will be a horrible one.
 
Gotta get some Special Forces in this. If there's a cause worthy of action, this is it. They've promised these kids' collective fate will be a horrible one.

My concern is that if people try to rescue the girls, the kidnappers will just execute them all. I don't see any way this ends well unless they can somehow take out the leader and the rest of them just release the girls. We don't even know where they are, do we?
 
Apparently Western Education is Sinful, but kidnapping young girls and selling them into sexual slavery is not.

:mad:
 
My concern is that if people try to rescue the girls, the kidnappers will just execute them all.

There are special forces units that specialize in solving exactly this kind of problem. Hostage rescue is the raison d'etre of Delta Force, for example.

In all seriousness, I suspect that all the Nigerian government has to do is ask. But they probably won't ask, because they're not prepared to grant the kind of freedom of action and amnesty any self-respecting special forces commander in chief would insist upon, for an operation like this.
 
The world needs to rise up as a force against these ******** and eliminate every single one of them.
 
I hate to be the voice of pessimism, but similar experiences show that these girls are just gone. These were teenagers. It's pretty safe to presume that most, if not all, have been raped. Some are already married. Some are probably already pregnant. They've been dispersed to other African nations. The religious sensibilities of the parents and of the girls themselves probably wouldn't allow for them to return home.

I agree that Nigeria needs help in an effective offensive against the armed men who identify as Boko Harim. I agree that this kidnapping is offensive to the very core of what it means to be human. I'm glad if this event finally triggers the world to give Nigeria and Africa the help they deserve. But I don't think that a "rescue" is an attainable goal.
 
I hate to be the voice of pessimism, but similar experiences show that these girls are just gone. These were teenagers. It's pretty safe to presume that most, if not all, have been raped. Some are already married. Some are probably already pregnant. They've been dispersed to other African nations. The religious sensibilities of the parents and of the girls themselves probably wouldn't allow for them to return home.

I agree that Nigeria needs help in an effective offensive against the armed men who identify as Boko Harim. I agree that this kidnapping is offensive to the very core of what it means to be human. I'm glad if this event finally triggers the world to give Nigeria and Africa the help they deserve. But I don't think that a "rescue" is an attainable goal.

Sadly, I was thinking the same thing. Especially, the highlighted.
 

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom