• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

York "roman ghosts"

About the Roman "ghosts" in York. York has had people living there for about 10,000 years. Why, out of all that time, would the ghosts be from the most "famous" era (and show something as mundane as a bunch of squaddies bimbling along a road)? If I'd imagined a ghost sighting in York (as the workman did) I'd put more imagination into it than that. "I saw a small boy in medieval sort of clothes. He spoke to me saying <this bit of Anglo-saxon I'd learned especially for my story>..." ... "I saw an army of bearded men with spears and smelled smoke. There was blood everywhere...". Good thinking on the "knee deep in the ground" idea but no cigar for imagination.
 
Wife recognized some ghost (face shrouded) standing before the altar. 'That' Doc!" He's not..erm..photogenic.
 
doc's "cat" is gray and sputters its hatred for my MIL since. since her pals
 
If anything I would expect Viking or Saxon ghosts. They fought over the place quite a bit.
 

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom