• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

Windows defence

My daughter was using my computer yesterday and somehow managed to download a hysterical piece of malware called "Windows Defence". It keeps hijacking my screen and telling me to register and buy...

I can't find any way to get rid of this thing. I tried the suggestions at this website: http://www.spywareremove.com/removeWindowsDefence.html

But their suggestions don't match what I'm seeing on my comp. I can't find any mention of the thing in any of the places the website says to look and searching my computer for it isn't working either.

Can anyone help me?

Please bear in mind that I'm am nearly computer illiterate so please dumb it down for a poor old luddite...

u is for ubuntu says the linux bigot
 
I wouldn't be too mad at her this stuff can get in the darnedest of ways.
Somehow I got stupid Viagra virus that sent out a link to this companies website to all of my contacts.
My buddy went ******* but hey this is the modern world and like it or not this stuff can get into your computer so easily.
http://forums.malwarebytes.org/index.php?showtopic=40952
 

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom