• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

Why are you all pretending?

Brendy,

I'll make a deal with you. It goes as follows:

I have a container. It's location, shape, size, color, and composition are known only to me.

Inside the container are three objects. Their shapes, sizes, colors, and compositions are also known only to me.

I challenge you to use telepathy to determine all 17 of the stated unknowns (5 of the container, and 4 each of the objects inside). Random guessing should only determine half, so if you get 7 to 10 correct, then it's only random chance.

You will receive no clues or hints from me.

If you get 100% correct, then we'll set up further tests, with the possibility of negotiable payoffs.

Criteria:

Location (Container Only): A "Hit" is defined as any statment that places the container within one meter of its actual location. GPS coordinates are preferred. A more general description will be acceptable if it includes address, floor (ground floor is "First", the next on up is "Second, et cetera), room, et cetera.

Shape (Container and Objects): A "Hit" will be awarded only if a dimensional description is included - only length, breadth, and height ar necessary. A geometric description ("Spherical", "Cubic", et cetera) without physical dimensions will be considered a "Miss". Clearly state units of measurement.

Color (Container and Objects): "-ish" type descriptions are acceptable ("Reddish", "Greenish", et cetera), but if only one color is stated for a multi-colored object, then the description will be considered a "Miss".

Size (Container and Objects): Same as "Shape". Include mass or weight. Specify units of measure. Of course, if the size of any one object exceeds the size of the container, of if the combined sizes of the objects exceed the size of the container, then your description will be considered a "Miss".

Composition (Container and Objects): No need for technicality. Name the materials that compose the container and objects. Example: "Wooden" is acceptable, but "Mohagany" is even moreso. No need to describe where and when the tree was harvested, as that is superfluous.

Do you accept?
 
I already beat you to this joke, but thanks for your patronizing post!

Brendy, I'll try to not be patronizing, but what do you think is more likely:
1) Most people can read and control your mind but don't say anything in an elaborate plot to make fun of you
2) You are having mental problems of some sort
3) You're making the whole thing up
 
Telepathy is a superpower. You may as well say "all I'm talking about is invulnerability."



As real as me and my telepathic powers. I am the Dark Ox!



Clearly, you have very little understanding of evolution. There is no reason for any animal to develop telepathy, especially humans. We have technology to help us communicate globally and even into space. Also, telepathic communication is hardly essential to the survival of our species.



Bats use a form sonar. There are a couple known cases of humans using this as well.



Not really.

How is it not possible? You just say not really. Do you realize how complicated just our eyes are? How is sending information by electromagnetic radiation not physically possible? We can do it with technology right now. Why do you think biological systems could never do this, but inanimate objects made of medal and plastic can? I dont' see how you see it would be impossible for an organism to develop this power.

As for evolution, as I have said I believe most humans can already do this. These telepathic powers existed before our technological boom in the 20th century.

Also did asians need to develop slanty eyes to survive? I think it is you that do not have a good idea what evolution is. Before this technology we definitely had a need for telepathy, even you would agree with me.

You don't agree with me that we have these powers now, but give me reasons why the concept of telepathic communication could never have happened in human history before technology.

Why biologically could an organ not develop that could do this? If you cannot tell me this please do not just dismiss stuff just because Brendan said it.

There is no reason for animals and humans to develop this?
What about self defense!!! If a family were the only people with telepathic powers obviously they would be the fittest and most likely to survive. If you could remote-view someone i'd be pretty hard for them to kill you wouldn't it.

I give you a story that sounds completely crazy and you are the one sounding stupidier than I.
 
Brendy,

I'll make a deal with you. It goes as follows:

I have a container. It's location, shape, size, color, and composition are known only to me.

Inside the container are three objects. Their shapes, sizes, colors, and compositions are also known only to me.

I challenge you to use telepathy to determine all 17 of the stated unknowns (5 of the container, and 4 each of the objects inside). Random guessing should only determine half, so if you get 7 to 10 correct, then it's only random chance.

Do you accept?

Except that according to Brendy's posts, everyone in the world is telepathic EXCEPT Brendy.
 
Fnord, Did you not read any of my posts? I cannot read minds. People can read mine. If i had these powers I could defend myself and I wouldnt have a problem.

I truely believe you could read my mind. I will accept if I am the one looking at the objects. You will be able to get a 100 percent accuracy of what I am seeing.
 
You also stated that the only people who can read your mind are people who know you. So there's no real way for us to help you test that out.

Again, you will realize, if you give medication a chance, that none of us are any more telepathic than you are.

It's a good thing, too. Imagine if my boss could read my thoughts while I'm supposed to be sitting here working...
 
Fnord, Did you not read any of my posts? I cannot read minds. People can read mine. If i had these powers I could defend myself and I wouldnt have a problem.

I truely believe you could read my mind. I will accept if I am the one looking at the objects. You will be able to get a 100 percent accuracy of what I am seeing.

Then I extend the challenge to those who (allegedly) can read your mind, as well.

This will certainly satisfy at least part of the "Double-Blind" rule, as you and I could not act in collusion, and those who (allegedly) can read your mind won't be able to determine who I am or overcome the challenge from the contents of your mind.

In other words, I accept you as their agent for the terms of this challenge.

Do you accept?
 
Last edited:
How is it not possible?

You should be telling me how it IS possible, you're the one making this stuff up. Can you give me a biological thesis on it?

How is sending information by electromagnetic radiation not physically possible?

Our physical make-up doesn't support that kind of thing.

We can do it with technology right now.

Yes, and we can fly with technology and shoot bullets. Do you think humans can evolve to shoot bullets out of their arse?

Why do you think biological systems could never do this, but inanimate objects made of medal and plastic can? I dont' see how you see it would be impossible for an organism to develop this power.

Oh, it's possible, but hardly probable. There is no biological or environmental stress to drive evolution in that direction.

As for evolution, as I have said I believe most humans can already do this. These telepathic powers existed before our technological boom in the 20th century.

Then why did we invent phones?

Also did asians need to develop slanty eyes to survive?

The environmental stresses in the area can probably answer that.

I think it is you that do not have a good idea what evolution is. Before this technology we definitely had a need for telepathy, even you would agree with me.

No, I don't. There is no need to have telepathic powers, before or after technology helped us to transmit data around the world.

You don't agree with me that we have these powers now, but give me reasons why the concept of telepathic communication could never have happened in human history before technology.

Could never have? It just never did.

There is no reason for animals and humans to develop this?
What about self defense!!! If a family were the only people with telepathic powers obviously they would be the fittest and most likely to survive. If you could remote-view someone i'd be pretty hard for them to kill you wouldn't it.

Funny, I have no problems with telepaths, but then again, it's because I'm the Dark Ox.

I give you a story that sounds completely crazy and you are the one sounding stupidier than I.

In your own delusional mind, perhaps.
 
Brendy, I think you need help for obvious reasons, those reasons being that you are reporting delusions. Since you are inviting the designation of "crazy,", I'll indulge you. What you're saying is crazy. But shouldn't even delusions have some sort of internal logic? If others are controlling your thoughts, and if those others wish to conceal that fact, then who is controlling your impulse to unconceal that fact here? Have you tried to sort through this? It's one thing to have a crazy idea (many people go that far), but it's another step past that to have one that makes so little sense even in its own context.

I have no telepathic powers, and do not believe that such powers exist at all in any form, but if I did have, I would not use them to direct you to mess up my game!

Well I have kinda misrepresented myself. I have some control. At least I hope so. . I can stop them from making me walk across a room. They can make me want to cross the room, but I can stop things which are not quick motions.
The problem is my mind is weaker when it comes to pain and pleasure. Some people can make voice impressions right? The have more control over their vocal cords than the rest of us. Same with memory recall. Some people have photographic memories, some don't.(actually it would be video memories, because when you think about it even I, who has a poor memory, see my memories as my video like than just a snapshot like a photo)
I can't stop these people from making me feel pain or giving me feelings of annoyance and such.

The voices are nothing. They don't even compare.


The thing that scares me is this story.

I was painting a shelf outside in my driveway in front of my car. The hood was about 4 feet away facing the shelf. I was painting white paint and my car is green. Awhile later, I moved my car and I noticed white specks all over the back of the car on the trunk. One of the voices in my head said they made me do this. I ran all the possibitilies of how this could have happened and I did not see how the wind could have made paint get on the back of the car but no where near the hood which was four feet away.

I have had episodes where my short term memory has been messed with. These people can make me forget memories (which mri studies have shown the brain is capable of doing to itself) . I'm very afraid that they completely controlled me for a short period, and I have no recollection of the events during this "painting of the car".

It's been proven to me that telepathy is real many times. I have fought them in thumb war, one of my thumbs vs the other! funny huh? But its true.

So i guess this conversation is gonna go nowhere because I came to the wrong forum to find someone who has had a similar experience. That's what I am looking for. I'm looking for someone, as you say, my own delusions.
 
I am hoping to find people here who don't pretend telepathy isn't real. In my experience almost everyone can do it, but never talks about it out loud. I don't understand why.
My parents, siblings, friends, strangers, and former friends can all read my mind. They can all use my brain and therefore my body as if it was there own. In fact they can almost completly take over control of my mind. This is a very bad thing because they do this and they are not very nice about it. That's putting it mildly too.
I know you will all want me to prove this. I could easily do that too; all you would have to do is meet me. I have no interest in doing that though :rolleyes: There is alot to this story of mine and it will take a long time to tell it all. I will try to paraphrase for now and add more posts as i have time.
I welcome all "You're crazy" responses. I do that because I know either you are like me one year ago and do not know the truth, or you are pretending. A self-fulfilling prophecy that is, you say? Sounds like it, but bare with me.

First I think I need to explain some things about me. I use to consider myself a very smart person, but over the past year I have been shown I can only do a fraction of what other people can do with their minds. I have poor visualization and memory recall. I can only imagine images of say ice cream cones very vaguely. If I close my eyes right now I can only picture the computer monitor very vaguely. Alot of other people could picture the monitor like they had their eyes open the whole time.

Can you twich your muscles? I can't.
Can you make yourself feel pain or itching using only your mind? I can't
Can you make yourself feel pleasure using only your mind? I can, only weakly.
Can you imagine other people's voice's in your head not just your own? I can't.
Can you make yourself cry on cue? I can't, you get the idea.
Can you raise your own heartbeat with only your mind?
Can you make yourself fart? (this has to do with control of your muscles as well as the twitching question does)
Can you control your dreams? Are you aware you are dreaming when you dream?

Now can you do these things to other people? Can you make them see an image in their head, hear your voice in their head or twitch their muscle? Can you make another person yawn?

I can't do any of these things. It's not like i have down syndrome. I can get straight A's and race my bicycle up mountain gaps.

The problem is other people do these things to me. Most importantly they make my conscious feel pain, annoyance, anger, and completely control my muscles with my conscious having no power to override them (not all the time just when they feel like it). I have been tortured by people this way for over a year now. I've lost my job because of this and I have zero way of fighting back. What can I do when these people can see where I am at all times, day or night. Don't worry I don't have any thoughts of commiting violence or anything like that. That would only hurt me more than anything.

The other problem with other people having more control over my brain than I do, is that they can make me believe things that are not true. For a long period people were only implanting false memories in my head. But now it is just them trying annoy the crap out of me. I never thought people were so mean? I never did anything to these people.

They tried to make me kill myself for christ's sake. Many times. Of course my survival fear kicked in and they couldnt win on that. I do not see how people actually kill themselves. After all I really really wanted to for awhile, but never could.

I want to revisit the false memories for a second. There has been a court cause where a pyschologist was found guilty of implanting false memories of abuse into a patient's mind through hypnosis. But the hypnosis is only a cover for the real way it is done. Telepathy. Just google false memory implantation and you'll find alot of information on it.

Now that I know people can do that to me, and were doing that to me for hours on end almost every night, I can fight back somewhat. I just can't trust alot that is in my memory. Really sucks i must say.

I realize that I haven't introduced who these people are. They are my parents and siblings, though they have stopped messing with my head as far as I can tell. Alot of my friends who suddenly turned on me, when a few people started messing with me also messed with my head. Strangers who I don't know.

Right now It is really only three people left. Most others I think just got sick of it or maybe they felt sorry for me. I don't really know. Those three people are a former co-worker and friend Katelynn, a former roommate Wes, and a guy I met once who works at a bike shop in a nearby town ( i know he's kinda random, I don't even know his name, but somehow it got dubbed Smitty). I did not change their names to protect them because really they can go f--- themselves. Other people join in once in awhile, usually after I bounce into them.

I don't understand why all you people with telepathic powers, which is the majority of people by my sample, need to torture people who don't have the same gifts. It's no different than racism or beating up a child.

I don't even know if I am coming up with half the sentences I am typing right now or they are. In fact if they wanted to stop me from writing this they could do it very easily.

Up until year 23 of my life, i never would have believed this, but after people proved they were pyschic to me and could read my mind and use my body as if it were their own, I can look back at those 23 years of my life and see many times where I was used. ( yes, i know i cant trust all my memories, but I just KNOW some are real.)

You'd think It would be horrible to never be able to lie or hide anything and you would be right. If you met me you would know my bank account numbers, passwords to everything, ssn, ect. almost immediatly. It's a very quick process. Fortunately I only have like 200 bucks to my name so don't get too excited :)

The funny thing is I can still lie. Because you all like to pretend this isn't real. So I'm going to use it against you and lie all I want. We will both know the truth, yet we will now both be pretenders.

Now you may ask me why I don't talk about this out loud to these people. Well, they all will just make me out to be crazy.

I really wish just a few people will not pretend. If everyone just admitted the truth though, I be rich from malpractice and other lawsuits. That will not happen unfortunately.

I have had mri's and eeg's and drug tests all done. I'm all clean except for the fact I'm not telepathic and most of the rest of you are!


I am not looking for sympathy here or links to risperdal.

I just want one person that will admit it out loud!


You need help, telepathy eh?

Sorry it would appear that you have uncomfortable thoughts and beliefs that are not shared by others.

Get help.
 
Well I have kinda misrepresented myself. I have some control. At least I hope so. . I can stop them from making me walk across a room. They can make me want to cross the room, but I can stop things which are not quick motions.
The problem is my mind is weaker when it comes to pain and pleasure. Some people can make voice impressions right? The have more control over their vocal cords than the rest of us. Same with memory recall. Some people have photographic memories, some don't.(actually it would be video memories, because when you think about it even I, who has a poor memory, see my memories as my video like than just a snapshot like a photo)
I can't stop these people from making me feel pain or giving me feelings of annoyance and such.

The voices are nothing. They don't even compare.


The thing that scares me is this story.

I was painting a shelf outside in my driveway in front of my car. The hood was about 4 feet away facing the shelf. I was painting white paint and my car is green. Awhile later, I moved my car and I noticed white specks all over the back of the car on the trunk. One of the voices in my head said they made me do this. I ran all the possibitilies of how this could have happened and I did not see how the wind could have made paint get on the back of the car but no where near the hood which was four feet away.

I have had episodes where my short term memory has been messed with. These people can make me forget memories (which mri studies have shown the brain is capable of doing to itself) . I'm very afraid that they completely controlled me for a short period, and I have no recollection of the events during this "painting of the car".

It's been proven to me that telepathy is real many times. I have fought them in thumb war, one of my thumbs vs the other! funny huh? But its true.

So i guess this conversation is gonna go nowhere because I came to the wrong forum to find someone who has had a similar experience. That's what I am looking for. I'm looking for someone, as you say, my own delusions.

Please get help, you will most likely feel better.

You believe what you believe, but you need to get help.

It could be OCD, but the fact that you think people are trying to harm you is not good.

Get help.
 
I doubt it, because all of these telepaths are conspiring against her. Like a classic troll, she's made all of her claims unfalsifiable and untestable.

Let her decide. After all, I'm only offering her the opportunity to prove her assertions. If her assertions are provable, then we can determine if they are repeatable. Then we can determine how to block the (alleged) telepathy, perhaps with something a little more effective than the average tinfoil hat, eh?

There will be nothing to lose on her part or mine -- no risks involved. All she has to do is prove that her assertions are valid, and then we proceed to doing something about it.

If her assertions remain unproven, then nothing is lost.

If her assertions are proven, then I'll know whom to not play poker with, eh?
 
Brendy, it sounds like you are not tired enough of the delusions to seek help. Again, I'm sure there are people on other forums who will share your delusions. But remember what I said about testing your telepathic theory against medications. If, after having given medication a fair trial, people no longer can control or read your mind, you will have your answer.
 
I'd have to say troll at this point; to many things that don't make sense (to paraphrase Brendy):

- I'm a skeptic, but I'm being telepathically controlled
- Friends, family, etc. can use my body as their own except when I don’t allow it
- Friends, family, etc. can read my mind, but I can fool them (ie. lie) and keep secrets
- I could prove telepathy is real, but I don’t want to
- Textbook symptoms of schizophrenia
- Far too many “self answering” questions/issues:
-- I’ve seen doctors, they didn't/can’t help me
-- Stories/situations that cannot (and will not) be proven…such as post #109

All in all, very Mayday like with all the contradictions and "self answering" items.
 
You should be telling me how it IS possible, you're the one making this stuff up. Can you give me a biological thesis on it?

Sure, i'll work on it. Saying something is impossible is a strong statement. Saying something may be possible is not. There is a huge difference in my statement and yours.

Our physical make-up doesn't support that kind of thing.

Yes it does. Brain waves have been measured.

Yes, and we can fly with technology and shoot bullets. Do you think humans can evolve to shoot bullets out of their arse?

OMG!!! SOME ANIMALS CAN FLY!!!!!! HAVE YOU NEVER SEEN A BIRD. WHY WOULD YOU SAY THAT!!! Evolution has let to flight in some animals. Geez at least make this a little hard for me.


Oh, it's possible, but hardly probable. There is no biological or environmental stress to drive evolution in that direction.

Who says there has to be a stress? Evolution is supposedly random mutations of which the most fit to the environment survive.

Then why did we invent phones?

I've already answered this question. You can't talk to a stranger if you havent met them. How would you order something from a catalog if you havent met the salesperson? Plus the phone eliminates someone tricking you into believing you are talking to someone else.



No, I don't. There is no need to have telepathic powers, before or after technology helped us to transmit data around the world.

Animals develped verbal communication didn't they. We have audible communication by making sound waves don't we? How is manipulating electromagnetic waves seem so impossible to you when the human body is so complex as it is.


.....
 
Animals develped verbal communication didn't they. We have audible communication by making sound waves don't we? How is manipulating electromagnetic waves seem so impossible to you when the human body is so complex as it is.
Umm....I'm going with "Because humans lack that ability" for $500 Alex.
 
I'd have to say troll at this point; to many things that don't make sense (to paraphrase Brendy):

- I'm a skeptic, but I'm being telepathically controlled
- Friends, family, etc. can use my body as their own except when I don’t allow it
- Friends, family, etc. can read my mind, but I can fool them (ie. lie) and keep secrets
- I could prove telepathy is real, but I don’t want to
- Textbook symptoms of schizophrenia
- Far too many “self answering” questions/issues:
-- I’ve seen doctors, they didn't/can’t help me
-- Stories/situations that cannot (and will not) be proven…such as post #109

All in all, very Mayday like with all the contradictions and "self answering" items.

Because I believe one thing, I have to believe all conspiracy theories and everything that has ever been said? I don't understand your logic there.

I said I can fight somewhat. That is not a contradiction to anything I have said.

I did not say I could fool anyone. I just said if they are gonna pretend they can't read my mind, I'll just lie and they have to go along with it or admit that they can read my mind.

I want to prove telepathy is real! Then maybe people who are hurting me would be forced to stop. I have not said i didnt want to, I said I don't really want to meet any new people. Can you blame me? Even if they are delusions, meeting new people only make the delusions worse.

Self answering questions? I don't really know what you mean there. I have been struggling with this for over a year now so don't you think I'd have ask myself questions and answered them over this time?

How would textbook symptoms of schizophrenia make me a troll? They are textbook symptoms for a reason. By your logic all textbook cases of schizophrenia are fakers and therefore not be given medication.

How would doctor's not helping me, be a sign I was making this all up? Do you think every thing can be cured with a few trips to a doctor. I'm sorry to break it to you but there are not cures or treatments for everything.
 
Last edited:
Sure, i'll work on it. Saying something is impossible is a strong statement. Saying something may be possible is not. There is a huge difference in my statement and yours.

It's not possible with our physical make-up. Of course, you're not talking about telepathy anymore, but radio.

Yes it does. Brain waves have been measured.

Do you not understand the difference between brain waves and EMF?

OMG!!! SOME ANIMALS CAN FLY!!!!!! HAVE YOU NEVER SEEN A BIRD. WHY WOULD YOU SAY THAT!!! Evolution has let to flight in some animals. Geez at least make this a little hard for me.

So you think humans will evolve to fly? How about shooting bullets out of our butts? We've invented plasma TV, think humans will evolve screens on our abdomens to stream movies?

Who says there has to be a stress? Evolution is supposedly random mutations of which the most fit to the environment survive.

Not just random. Different stresses can drive evolution in one way or another.

I've already answered this question. You can't talk to a stranger if you havent met them. How would you order something from a catalog if you havent met the salesperson? Plus the phone eliminates someone tricking you into believing you are talking to someone else.

WHAT?! Are you nuts? You don't think you can be tricked over the phone?

Brendy said:
Animals develped verbal communication didn't they. We have audible communication by making sound waves don't we? How is manipulating electromagnetic waves seem so impossible to you when the human body is so complex as it is.

Our bodies just aren't built that way, we have no transmitters.
 

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom