• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

What's your preferred CMS?

bug_girl

Master Poster
Joined
Nov 30, 2003
Messages
2,994
Ok, I am now done with the pissing matches with the server dudes, I've gotten everyone to agree Contribute isn't satisfactory, and I even have some money to build something new! :eek:

So: I want to move to a web CMS, but am interested in hearing what you like.

There are an insane amount of choices. Some I know a little about/have some experience with:
  • CMS made Simple
  • Plone
  • Drupal

So, if you had to administer a website with over 30 users (long story), all with different access levels, and wanted a server based CMS, what would you choose?

Thanks for your input! :)
 
I like Joomla, but can't tell you how it compares to other systems because I haven't used anything else. I think I read a while back that there were some security concerns with Joomla--not sure if that's still the case.

You can test drive a variety of CMSs at http://www.opensourcecms.com/
 
Last edited:
The hardest part is managing all the different people--everyone has a different chunk of the web, and they need access to just their chunk. Only a few people (too many, IMHO) have access to the entire site.
 

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom