• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

What's the more ethical profession?

Of course, I think that that's clear in my post, but why did you assume that the hypothetical soldier had to be american?

I don't see where he makes that assumption.

But addressing that point, if Richard Masters says, "...we regard military personnel in the United States as though each and every one is a hero, is dogmatic" he is directly addressing how he perceives the feelings of US citizens towards our own military. While soldiers of other countries are brought up, I don't think anyone is claiming that US citizens hold the same degree of respect for soldiers of other nations.
 
I don't see where he makes that assumption.

But addressing that point, if Richard Masters says, "...we regard military personnel in the United States as though each and every one is a hero, is dogmatic" he is directly addressing how he perceives the feelings of US citizens towards our own military. While soldiers of other countries are brought up, I don't think anyone is claiming that US citizens hold the same degree of respect for soldiers of other nations.

You are right about the assumption, that was Resume who did that, not Travis.
The post from Masters you quote happened after Resume started posting.
 
The world has moved on, quarky ... it isn't 1965 anymore.

As I said, the world has moved on. There were sailors who served for me in the 80's who nowadays could not have been signed, nor reenlisted, on due to their criminal records.

This is true, but the bulk of them are pretty effing good people.

Yeah, I guess you're right.

Still, look at the social strata wherein we get our G.I.s
Hillbillies, for instance, are over-represented.
 
You're sitting on your computer, judging me.

What a nauseating farce.

See, I find people who a reasonably well off, yet play the working class hero card to be quite full of crap. Isn't being smugly judgmental grand?

Hilarious.

The fact that you "think" I'm playing the 'working class hero' and judging you as anything, is specifically absurd. You mean nothing to anyone. Get it.

If you really do believe that you matter, not only is it absurd, it is sad.
 
Vox populi

Trust Survey says

Of 40 professions
THE DIRTY DOZEN –
29) Fast-food servers
30) Lawyers
31) Tow-truck Drivers
32) Taxi Drivers
33) CEOs
34) Roof-insulation installers
35) Journalists
36) Real estate agents
37) Sex Workers
38) Politicians

39) Car Salesmen
40) Telemarketers.
 
Of course, I think that that's clear in my post, but why did you assume that the hypothetical soldier had to be american?

Because that's all I know. I have no idea how ethical the soldiers of Ghana are and if I'm being asked to render an opinion on every soldier the world over I wouldn't be able to give you anything.
 
Because that's all I know. I have no idea how ethical the soldiers of Ghana are and if I'm being asked to render an opinion on every soldier the world over I wouldn't be able to give you anything.

But you weren't asked to give an opinion of any soldier in the world but a hypothetical soldier on the premise stated in the op.
 
#2 I do not understand Irak, menance, and discutable.

Wait, really? You are incapable of reading from context and figuring out that, for instance, Irak is a misspelling of Iraq? In particular, you couldn't figure that out when "Irak" was referencing a country that the US went to war with?
Seriously? :confused:
 

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom