yah...yah...well on 9/11 we saw, FOR THE FIRST TIME, a jumbojet hit a steel framed skyscraper going over 500 mph!!!!
So there...
TAM![]()
If you want to be picky, we didn't. 757s and 767s are not jumbo jets.
yah...yah...well on 9/11 we saw, FOR THE FIRST TIME, a jumbojet hit a steel framed skyscraper going over 500 mph!!!!
So there...
TAM![]()
No, it really is called "fireproofing." That is what they call it in the real world.
No, it's called SFRM or Spray Fire Resistant Material
Hilited the important part for you.
Here is a better question.
"Why do we bother fireproofing steel frame buildings when they can completely collapse even when they have the fireproofing on?"
DGM said:"I gave-up reading because there was too much non-sense from both sides."
Interesting that you didn't correct Thunder when he said it was called thermal insulation.
It is commonly referred to as fireproofing.
You never did answer my simple question. I'll repeat it if I didn't actually direct it to you.That explains a lot.
MM
[cut]
Some because they are retired and have nothing better to do with their lives but tell lies and preen for an audience.
[cut]
It is commonly referred to as fireproofing.
Fireproofing | Wikipedia said:Fireproofing, a passive fire protection measure, refers to the act of making materials or structures more resistant to fire, or to those materials themselves, or the act of applying such materials. Applying a certification listed fireproofing system to certain structures allows these to have a fire-resistance rating. The term fireproof does not necessarily mean that an item cannot ever burn: It relates to measured performance under specific conditions of testing and evaluation. Fireproofing does not allow treated items to be entirely unaffected by any fire, as conventional materials are not immune to the effects of fire at a sufficient intensity and/or duration.
I'd love to see your specifics on this claim, MM.
Where did I claim it was literal?
I simply used the common term of fireproofing to describe SFRM. I made no claim that it was actually fireproof.
...implies that you feel "fireproofing" is all that is necessary to protect a steel building because it is "fireproof"."Why do we bother fireproofing steel frame buildings when they can completely collapse even when they have the fireproofing on?"
Your question...
...implies that you feel "fireproofing" is all that is necessary to protect a steel building because it is "fireproof".
It implies nothing of the kind. My question wasn't even serious, I was being sarcastic about the question I was responding to.
Of course fireproofing doesn't make steel totally impervious to fire. I just think it should work a lot better than allowing a total collapse in a building that had the fire condition that 7 had.
so what do you think it is about steel skyscrapers that makes it impossible for them to collapse due to UNCONTROLLED FIRES? Be specific.
TAM![]()
A few years ago, a ONE-STORY steel building just down the street from my work collapsed after a fire. A one-story steel building is considerably more stable than a 47-story building.
Truthers seem to think that the bigger something is, the stronger it is, while in fact the opposite is true.
Of course fireproofing doesn't make steel totally impervious to fire. I just think it should work a lot better than allowing a total collapse in a building that had the fire condition that 7 had.
nothing about the collapse surprises anyone with relevant expertise that is familiar with wtc7's unusual all-steel structure and that the water source was destroyed on 9/11.
I am not allowed to be specific.I'd love to see your specifics on this claim, MM.