erwinl
Illuminator
- Joined
- Sep 5, 2008
- Messages
- 4,048
Because until you break a window you can't see out of it.
Except when the window previously is covered in dust. Dust which might have appeared there after the collapse of a nearby skyscraper?
Because until you break a window you can't see out of it.
Based on Mr. Jenning's statement, it wasn't until their 3rd appearance that the firefighters appeared in significant numbers (10 arrived after WTC1 collapsed).
As I pointed out in another post, Mr. Jennings frequently strayed from the chronology of events in an obvious attempt to highlight what he experienced for the camera record.
Unfortunately the interviewers allowed him this freedom which at times made his re-telling somewhat confusing for the viewer.
So, I believe his statements were truthful but not always presented in the order that they happened.
Rubbish.
Source it.
From the 8th floor of WTC7, looking out the south windows from approximately half way across the floor, he would see the lower part of the WTC twin towers and therefore nothing dramatic.
No. What happened was - when we made it back to the 8th floor, as I told you earlier, both buildings were still standing because I looked -- [he points] Two [pauses] I look one way, look the other way - now there's nothing there. When I got to the 6th floor there was an explosion that forced us back to the 8th floor. Both buildings were still standing. Keep in mind, I told you the fire department came and ran. They came twice. Why? Because building tower 1 fell and then tower 2 fell. And then when they came back, they came back, they came back all concerned like to get me the hell out of there. And, and they did. And we got out of there.I got into the building a little before nine, a little after nine. I didn't get out of there until like 1 PM.
So plain direct english confuses you but you have no problem when faced with subtlety?
"Once", the window was broken, a view was enabled, that previously wasn't.
That does not mean that once the window was broken the view he described was the first one he observed.
What he described were the most interesting things he was able to observe as a result of breaking the window.
Mr. Jennings arrived at WTC7 more than 1 1/2 hours before WTC1 collapsed.
When he arrived, he only observed police officers, none of whom mentioned the evacuation, and after his first failed attempt to access the 23rd floor, without advisory comment, they gladly escorted him to the 23rd floor.
I find it very difficult to believe that it took so long for Mr. Jennings to reach the 23rd floor OEM, see that it was vacated, be told to immediately evacuate and then only get as far as the 6th floor stairwell.
(After the impact of AA 11 into WTC 1 - Africanus) Director Odermatt quickly debriefed me and instructed me to open the Emergency Operations Center (EOC) for a fully staffed operation, which 1 did. While in the EOC I assisted the Watch Command in handling an enormous influx of telephone calls, many from top City officials. During this time I observed the second plane hit the South tower via live video feed.
Mr. Jenning's testimony places him inside the 7 WTC before 2 WTC was struck.
Mr. Jenning's testimony places him inside the 7 WTC before 2 WTC was struck.
Mr. Hess corroborates this relationship.
He neither denies or confirms what was the time when he joined Mr. Jennings in the elevator to the OEM on the 23rd floor of 7 WTC.
It is very curious that in their zeal to align the Jennings account with the 'official story', the BBC interviewers did not ask (or edited out), any reference Mr. Hess might have made regarding when he arrived at 7 WTC.
It is very curious that in their zeal to align the Jennings account with the 'official story', the BBC interviewers did not ask (or edited out), any reference Mr. Hess might have made regarding when he arrived at 7 WTC.
Otherwise, the BBC were overly attentive about the timing of the incidents that followed the arrival of Jennings and Hess.
Having edited countless interviews, I cannot believe such a fundamental question would not have been asked.
Such as;
"Now tell us Mr. Hess, when did you first arrive at 7 WTC on 9/11? What did you observe at this time?"
These are obvious questions that had to be asked in order to align Mr. Hess's timeline with that of the official narrative.
I believe they were asked, but just like like Mr. Jenning's inconvenient answers, anything that didn't jive with the story the BBC wished to tell, was left on the cutting room floor.
Jennings said he was on the 23rd floor when WTC2 was struck. He got a call on his cell while driving to work from someone telling him that a Cessna hit WTC1. WTC1 was hit at 8:46 am. WTC2 was hit at 9:03 am.Mr. Jenning's testimony places him inside the 7 WTC before 2 WTC was struck.
Mr. Jenning's testimony<snip>
I'm still not able to identify the part of Jennings account where he told that he was looking outside a southside window.
This interpretation of Jennings account doesn't make any sense at all!
It would be an unrealistic behaviour for a trapped person to break out one or more one windows and not scan the outside for possible help. This applies even more as he was trapped inside a burning building!
No, there are several witness accounts, that contradict Jennings testimony!
1. The account of Richard Bylicki
Bylicki was a police officer and a participant of the TRIPOD drill and he watched the impact of UA 175 into WTC 2 live!
Source: http://www.scribd.com/doc/14274666/NYC-B14-OEM-Fdr-Richard-Bylicki-Request-for-Recognition-035
2. The account of Richard Zarillo
Zarrillo said that he was approaching Manhattan from Brooklyn and was at Brooklyn Bridge when the 2nd plane impact occured. He and Abdo Nahmod were assigned to the OEM by Chief Peruggia. Some Minutes after Zarrillo and Nahmod arrived at the OEM they were told to leave the EOC by a OEM staff member.
Source: http://graphics8.nytimes.com/packages/pdf/nyregion/20050812_WTC_GRAPHIC/9110161.PDF
I think it takes at least 15 minutes to get from Brooklyn Bridge to WTC 7 and into the 23rd floor. So I think the earliest time for Nahmod and Zarrillo to leave the EOC would be 9:30 a.m.
i cannot fathom why you cannot understand that the only way Mr. Jennings could arrive at the 8th floor of 7 WTC, look, and observe that both of the WTC twin towers were still standing, was for him to look through a south facing window.
There is nothing more that I can say about that.
Unrealistic?
If you know that it will be impossible for anyone you might see to hear your cries for help until you break a window, you will break the damn window.
Keep in mind, they had experienced one damaging explosion and were continuing to hear others.
They mentioned smoke but they did not observe fire.
"After getting to the 8th floor, everything was dark. It was dark. And it was very very hot. VERY hot. I asked Mr. Hess to test the phones as I took a fire extinguisher and broke out the windows."
.
.
.
I didn't want to stay any longer it was too hot.
Mr. Jennings said he was already on his way to work (7 WTC), and that traffic was "excellent".
I have no answers for questions about parking and why he did not encounter the people you cite.
It does seem improbable that he was in the OEM when 2 WTC was struck, but it also seems improbable that he arrived at 7 WTC quite a bit later, was not told about the 2nd attack, was not informed of the evacuations, and that both he and Mr. Hess arrived at the OEM just minutes before 2 WTC collapsed.
It was reported that much of 7 WTC was evacuated after the 1st plane hit.
The still hot coffees and half-eaten breakfasts in the OEM attested to how rapidly staff evacuated.
The OEM staff was ordered to evacuate Building 7 immediately as a precaution, but interview sources indicate they did not initially respond with a sense of urgency. They calmly collected personal belongings and began removing OEM records, but they were urged to abandon everything and leave the building quickly. Those interviewed believe that order saved their lives.
If Jennings would have arrived at the time he said he arrived, he should have witnessed the evacuation of the building. It is known that the people left the building after the first impact, so he should have seen it.
So, your argument is not based on actual evidence, but on the interpretation of Jennings testimony.
That's of course one way to gather information, but I think it is not very convincing in our case.
Not interpretation!
There is no other possible meaning.
Mr. Jennings said he was already on his way to work (7 WTC), and that traffic was "excellent".
I have no answers for questions about parking and why he did not encounter the people you cite.
It does seem improbable that he was in the OEM when 2 WTC was struck, but it also seems improbable that he arrived at 7 WTC quite a bit later, was not told about the 2nd attack, was not informed of the evacuations, and that both he and Mr. Hess arrived at the OEM just minutes before 2 WTC collapsed.
It is not like Mr. Jennings remained ignorant of the actual twin tower timeline that effected him.
He watched the News at length when he got home in the afternoon.
The interview he gave to LC was 6 years later. He had ample time to realize any errors he might have made and thus correct them.
It is also quite possible/probable that some of the "official" time markers were far from exact.
It was reported that much of 7 WTC was evacuated after the 1st plane hit.
The still hot coffees and half-eaten breakfasts in the OEM attested to how rapidly staff evacuated.
Mr. Jennings said he was already on his way to work (7 WTC), and that traffic was "excellent".
At 8:46 a.m. on September 11, the people who worked in the towers were starting to arrive at work. Although the bond firms and international bankers came in early to get a jump on the market, most businesses in the World Trade Center opened at 9 a.m. At 8:46 a.m., people were stopping to buy a newspaper, a cup of coffee, or a snack to take to work. This was also a primary election day for New York City, and many people were late for work because they stopped to vote, a fact that doubtless saved thousands of lives.
Commuter traffic also was a problem for people on that morning. The tunnels into the city seemed slower than usual, and workers on their way to their offices at the World Trade Center worried that they would be late. The snarled traffic saved more lives; many commuters heard about the attacks while they sat in their cars
The building was only partially evacuated(there was no order to evacuate at that time) before the second plane hit (9:03).
Before that tenants were allowed to leave using regular exits. After 9:03 it was deemed too dangerous to leave through the normal exits and this created a back-up of people in the lobby. Some described it as being "packed like sardines". This took time to clear, and it was reported the building was mostly empty by 9:45. This is the time a few witnesses reported an announcement to evacuate initiated by a meeting in the OEM at 9:46.
Jennings was not in the building before 9:45.
Mr. Jennings arrived at WTC7 more than 1 1/2 hours before WTC1 collapsed.
When he arrived, he only observed police officers, none of whom mentioned the evacuation, and after his first failed attempt to access the 23rd floor, without advisory comment, they gladly escorted him to the 23rd floor.
Not interpretation!
There is no other possible meaning.
If you believe so, please state how his words stating upon arriving at the 8th floor, he looked and saw the WTC towers still standing, could have a different meaning than the one I took?
No. What happened was - when we made it back to the 8th floor, as I told you earlier, both buildings were still standing because I looked -- [he points] Two [pauses] I look one way, look the other way - now there's nothing there
"Once I broke out the windows, I could see outside below me. I saw er police cars on fire buses on fire. Uh. I looked one way. The building was there. [WTC7] I looked the other way. It was gone.
Jennings said:
So Jennings looked and saw both towers still standing, then he looks in two different directions and the buildings were gone? Sorry, but this part of the interview is quite cryptic and puzzling. And that's the reason why I have to reject your claim. His statement is far away from being the only possible explanation due to its confusing nature. I think he refers to building 7, as this statement is very similar to an earlier statement of him:
There is no obvious reason why he would lie about such a thing.