Undesired Walrus
Penultimate Amazing
- Joined
- Apr 10, 2007
- Messages
- 11,691
On Brainster's active blog, he has sadly turned to advertising a video that -several months ago- would be deemed highly disingenuous on his excellent skeptic blog SLC.
If you scroll down to his October 24 entry, you will come across a video that proclaims that Obama (From an interview in '95):
"ATTACKS WHITE PEOPLE. [He] claim they don't pay taxes to help black children"
Here is what Obama said:
'I really want to emphasize the word responsibility. I think that whether you are a white executive living out in the suburbs who doesn't want to pay taxes to inner-city children for them to go to school'
Sounds incomplete doesn't it? Well, the video cuts him off at that point, so I found the original. Here it is:
'I really want to emphasize the word responsibility. I think that whether you are a white executive living out in the suburbs who doesn't want to pay taxes to inner-city children for them to go to school, or an inner-city child who won't take responsibility to keep their streets safe and clear, both those groups have to take some responsibility and get beyond the kind of divisions we face right now'http://www.eyeonbooks.com/ibp_obama.php
With this new ending, we must ask: Is Obama attacking all inner-city children? The answer is no. We must ask also: Why did the creator of this video feel the need to take cut out the remainder of Obama's sentence?
If you scroll down to his October 24 entry, you will come across a video that proclaims that Obama (From an interview in '95):
"ATTACKS WHITE PEOPLE. [He] claim
Here is what Obama said:
'I really want to emphasize the word responsibility. I think that whether you are a white executive living out in the suburbs who doesn't want to pay taxes to inner-city children for them to go to school'
Sounds incomplete doesn't it? Well, the video cuts him off at that point, so I found the original. Here it is:
'I really want to emphasize the word responsibility. I think that whether you are a white executive living out in the suburbs who doesn't want to pay taxes to inner-city children for them to go to school, or an inner-city child who won't take responsibility to keep their streets safe and clear, both those groups have to take some responsibility and get beyond the kind of divisions we face right now'http://www.eyeonbooks.com/ibp_obama.php
With this new ending, we must ask: Is Obama attacking all inner-city children? The answer is no. We must ask also: Why did the creator of this video feel the need to take cut out the remainder of Obama's sentence?