• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

Understanding homeopathy

Gavinimurthy said:
Even in a discussion, the attitude of criticising a non participating member,is sheer madness.

I don't want to discuss with mad people.

If you people can't discuss in a straight manner,and have to sneer,ridicule,insult,and try to snub people,who are not in a position to defend themselves, I will call it a day.

Murthy

Your lack of awareness of the laws regulating the veterinary profession in Holland is forgiveable. However, we have made the relevant enquiries and are aware of the legal situation in that country.

Now, if you would kindly descend from your high horse. You're looking a little foolish perched up there.
 
Gavinimurthy said:
Even in a discussion, the attitude of criticising a non participating member,is sheer madness.

Nah it's just taking an opertunity to discuss side issues. If you don't want this to happen start a thread thread in the critical think forum>
 
Gavinimurthy said:
Why do you people ridicule the possibility of a machine seeing the 'disease' as a whole?

Instead of parts,which is being done presently?

If your doctor deals with you as isolated parts the you need a better doctor. Those of us who actually do know something of medicine get on just fine dealing with the body as a whole, thank you very much, it's just that parlour tricks like Kirlian photography don't contribute anything to that understanding. now if you would care to produce some reproducible evidence conecting Kirlian images to real diseases then we'd love to see it, but, O great teacher, you are derailing your own thread with this empty speculation about Kirlian photography.

M. Petardier, that was you being hoist into the air by your very own petard. You should be more careful in future.
 
Gavinimurthy said:
If you people can't discuss in a straight manner,and have to sneer,ridicule,insult,and try to snub people,who are not in a position to defend themselves, I will call it a day.

By the way, has been sneered at, insulted and ridiculed for months. It's not just a passing fancy.

He's welcome to join the forum. I'm sure he knows the address, it's been given to him enough times by now. I'm sure we have enough barrels of tar and feathers for the pair of you, but, do please carry on. You've only managed to eke out two platitudinous postulates so far and we haven't touched the good stuff yet.
 
Gavinimurthy said:
Did anybody thought it possible to 'see' the inside body parts with 'MRI scan', a hundred years back?

Why do you people ridicule the possibility of a machine seeing the 'disease' as a whole?

Instead of parts,which is being done presently?

Murthy

Nobody is ridiculing the possibility of a machine that can see diseases. We are ridiculing the idea that "Kirlian photography" represents such a machine. It has been extensively demonstrated that "Kirlian auras" are not related in any way to the bilogical functionings of the subjects they are applied to. A Kirlian aura can be produced around a damp plastic sponge. What kind of biological functioning exists in a plastic sponge?
 
Gavinimurthy said:
Did anybody thought it possible to 'see' the inside body parts with 'MRI scan', a hundred years back?

Why do you people ridicule the possibility of a machine seeing the 'disease' as a whole?

Instead of parts,which is being done presently?

Murthy

Yes, but a 100 years ago they were able to distinguish the difference between gonorrhea, syphilis and a yeast infection... and not just from the "internal itching".

This is something that does not seem to be differentiated in that part of the Organon that I quoted previously. So it is my contention that Hahnemann was a lousy ob/gyn.
 
Carn said:
Sorry, i came in late,

No problem, mate. Just come in, shut the door and taken off your outdoor shoes.

Please don't trip over Murthy. He's collapsed in some sort of apoplectic fit and we're not sure whether to laugh or call an ambulance. Possibly both.

Fancy a beer?
 
Gavinimurthy said:
Why do you people ridicule the possibility of a machine seeing the 'disease' as a whole?
Scientific medicine does see the disease as a whole, from the molecular level all the way up to its systemic affects, if any, and even beyond into the patient's environment. Scientific medicine sees the disease both from the external symptoms (your "unease") and through its invisible symptoms (the ones homeopathy ignores).

Why do you ridicule the possibility that most diseases are due to specific localized causes even though the symptoms may not be localized? Even today, when the cause of many diseases is well proven?

Why to you perpetrate the dual falsehoods that scientific medicine does not treat the whole person and homeopathy does treat the whole person? Remember that scientific medicine can detect some diseases well before they produce any external symptoms and at a stage when no homeopath can detect them.
 
Gavinimurthy said:
Have you ever heard of' Kirlian photography'?
Yes. And your mention of it in this way demonstartes that there is no limit to the depths of your gullibility.

Have you ever heard of science? Logic? Reality?
 
Badly Shaved Monkey said:
Point of order, Mr Chairman. Wim Pardaan is an ignorantly self-satisfied layman playing illegally with animals' health in a jurisdiction that doesn't bother to pursue that particular illegality.
Sustained.
 
There is no point in discussing with people,who can't understand the human values.

I can spend my time,more purposefully,rather than wasting here.

Hope some sense will prevail among you people sooner than later.

I am quitting.

Murthy
 
Uh-oh. When BSM invited Carn in, Carn must have stepped on a very delicate part of Murthy's anatomy. *Paging a homeopath, stat* :D
 
Gavinimurthy said:
There is no point in discussing with people,who can't understand the human values.

You mean we have a problem with people who claim to be able to perform miricals taking money for doing nothing more than having a chat?

I can spend my time,more purposefully,rather than wasting here.

Not if it involves homeopathy you can't

Hope some sense will prevail among you people sooner than later.

The feeling is mutal

I am quitting.

Murthy [/B]

Wimp. I posted on your boards untill I was banned.
 
Gavinimurthy said:
There is no point in discussing with people,who can't understand the human values.

I can spend my time,more purposefully,rather than wasting here.

Hope some sense will prevail among you people sooner than later.

I am quitting.

Murthy

Wait... did my messages go too far in the "icky" realm?

I mean... I know that Hahnemann found this "psora" related to the "miasm" of "syphilis"... but how did he differentiate that against a common yeast infection which is caused by fungi?

Which was a question I did not think about until I actually read the Organon part on venereal diseases and "internal itching". I have never had a venereal disease (one of the benefits of being in a monogamous relationship since age 18 with a computer nerd) --- but I have had yeast infections. So I know about internal itching (though I am trying to figure out if Hahnemann had any internal itching... I am assuming he only meant females).

And trust me... I am SO very glad relief is available at my local pharmacy!

And BONUS... every time I need to get the medication every other year or so... the number of days I need to apply the medication goes down and down. When I first got one... the medication was by prescription only and I had to use it for at least a week. NOW... I can walk in and buy a packet that I apply ONCE. That looks like progress to me.

Which make the Organon pale in comparison... when it cannot even distinguish between a fungi or a bacteria, like with the clap or even syphilis.

So the score for "actual knowing" for ME is:

Organon: 0

Real Medicine: 1 (and possibly more)

editted for spelling
 
Zep said:
The problem for Kumar, Carn, is that he believes that the more anecdotal evidence exists, no matter how unreliable, the more likely the story MUST be true. Kumar has no need of the step between anecdotal evidence and the evaluation of that evidence and of the phonomena itself. Enough anecdotes = good enough for Kumar.

I have a table somewhere I can drag out that Kumar agreed was right that shows that if enough people believe in something for long enough, it's absolutely certainly true. Like the notion of a flat earth, or the sun revolving around the Earth. :rolleyes:

[edit: post too soon!]

Zep, carn,

Apart from this, I also believe in concepts which are or made "absolute".
 
Kumar said:
Zep, carn,

Apart from this, I also believe in concepts which are or made "absolute".
What do you mean by "absolute"? Which concepts are "absolute"?
 
Donks said:
What do you mean by "absolute"? Which concepts are "absolute"?

Absolute means free from imperfection to which no furthur change is possible, final... When you say nothing can be absolute in science & everything remains open to new research & possibility(ref. my topic absolote...)---everything still remains 'possibily unclear' & open for furthur possibilities.

I consider TRS as absolute because it runs parellel to our body's biochemistry.
 
Gavinimurthy said:
There is no point in discussing with people,who can't understand the human values.

I can spend my time,more purposefully,rather than wasting here.

Hope some sense will prevail among you people sooner than later.

I am quitting.

Murthy

Your flouncing off would carry a little more rhetorical weight if you had not been so thoroughly defeated.

You managed to present two of Hahnemann's most empty and platitudinous aphorisms and even there it was clear just how limited your understanding of science and medicine are. Just like the rest of your colleagues at the homeopathy boards you are an intellectual coward: you are presented with overwhelming counter-arguments but stubbornly refuse to shift from your ridiculous opening position. Once again a homeopath is shown to be worse than merely ignorant by this revelation of outright hypocrisy.
 
Donks said:
What do you mean by "absolute"? Which concepts are "absolute"?

Absolute means free from imperfection to which no furthur change is possible, final... When you say nothing can be absolute in science & everything remains open to new research & possibility(ref. my topic absolote...)---everything still remains 'possibily unclear' & open for furthur possibilities.

I consider TRS as absolute because it runs parellel to our body's biochemistry & can remain "absolute" till our body chemistry remains same in constituents.
 

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom