• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

Cont: UFOs: The Research, the Evidence

(snip)
...But why would they come here? There is nothing on earth that can't be found elsewhere if we play the numbers game honestly. And if they come here, why hide, why would they care? If we play the numbers game honestly then there have to be other planets with a similar stage of social development as earth, so why not visit a planet closer to their own, why come all the way out here? These are the kind of questions that got me kicked out of the local UFO discussion group.
(snip)
From an "anthropological" point of view, Earth could be a fascinating subject for research. As for hiding themselves, there's a reason that very often field researchers use blinds. But not always. For example, many researchers get up close and personal with their subjects.
 
I can't help noticing Brian Cox fancies himself. His face appears on the front cover of both his books. 'the wonders of the universe' and' Human universe' And there are several full page pictures of him in both books which are entirely irrelevant to the subject matter.
:rolleyes:
 
He (Cox) has written more than two books, and not all of them have his picture on the cover. But this will be a decision by the publisher, since he is a bit of a celebrity and has appeared on TV. I'm sure that others also fancy the way he looks. He is a handsome man.

Almost every book written by Albert Einstein that has been published recently (re-published) has a picture of Einstein on the cover. I can guarantee that this is because publishers have figured out that they sell better when his picture is on the cover. I don't think Einstein was a man with even a shred of vanity about his physical appearance. He may have been proud of his scientific and intellectual accomplishments, but not his appearance.
 
The ISS is orbiting Venus?!?!
Why didn't I know this sooner?
I assume this is a joke? It's in low-earth orbit and Venus is quite far away, which is why they appear to be about the same size there, even though Venus is almost as large as the Earth and the ISS is much smaller.
 
Isn't it strange how photos or videos of UFOs are always either blurry, out-of-focus blobs, or obvious fakery, whereas this photo of the ISS is actually quite clear and identifiable?


Or they just have no scale. There was a video in the news and online a number of years ago of a ring-shaped "UFO" hovering over an amusement park. Even leaving aside the fact that only one person in the park saw and filmed it, the UFO looked remarkably like the outline of a water droplet on a window a few inches in front of the camera.
Wasn't there a TV show that had a gag about "small and close, large and far away." Something about cows, maybe?

EDIT: It was an episode of "Father Ted".
 
Last edited:
Just 'cos: No doubt about it - LOL

If someone tells you there's no other form of life
And you believe in that too
I'm gonna tell you 'bout the other night
I swear that it's true
A cloud of white and green and flying ships I've never seen
Came into my view
Was I frightened?
Was I scared?
Was I thrown into confusion?
As they glided down so silently
It wasn't an illusion
Oh, no
No doubt about it
Oh, no
No doubt about it
What kind of magnetism kept me in this place?
Was it out of my control?
What was this ship from outer space?
What was this creature that appeared before my eyes?
Was it good?
Was it evil?
On this ship from other skies?
I was frightened
I was scared
I was thrown into confusion
As they stood right there in front of me
It wasn't an illusion
Oh, no
No doubt about it
Oh, no
No doubt about it
It stood right there in front of me
What can they be?
No illusion
No
No doubt about it
Oh, no
No doubt about it
Oh, no
No doubt about it
Oh, no
No doubt about it
No, no, no (no)
Ain't no doubt (no doubt about it)
No, no
Ain't no doubt
No, no (no)
Ain't no doubt, oh (no doubt about it)
Ain't no doubt, ain't no doubt
(No)
(No doubt about it)
(No)
 
Just 'cos: No doubt about it - LOL

If someone tells you there's no other form of life
And you believe in that too
I'm gonna tell you 'bout the other night
I swear that it's true
A cloud of white and green and flying ships I've never seen
Came into my view
Was I frightened?
Was I scared?
Was I thrown into confusion?
As they glided down so silently
It wasn't an illusion
Oh, no
No doubt about it
Oh, no
No doubt about it
What kind of magnetism kept me in this place?
Was it out of my control?
What was this ship from outer space?
What was this creature that appeared before my eyes?
Was it good?
Was it evil?
On this ship from other skies?
I was frightened
I was scared
I was thrown into confusion
As they stood right there in front of me
It wasn't an illusion
Oh, no
No doubt about it
Oh, no
No doubt about it
It stood right there in front of me
What can they be?
No illusion
No
No doubt about it
Oh, no
No doubt about it
Oh, no
No doubt about it
Oh, no
No doubt about it
No, no, no (no)
Ain't no doubt (no doubt about it)
No, no
Ain't no doubt
No, no (no)
Ain't no doubt, oh (no doubt about it)
Ain't no doubt, ain't no doubt
(No)
(No doubt about it)
(No)
Did you get an autograph?
 
Isn't it strange how photos or videos of UFOs are always either blurry, out-of-focus blobs, or obvious fakery, whereas this photo of the ISS is actually quite clear and identifiable?
To be fair, that photo of Venus and the ISS required a lot of preparation and knowledge of where they would be in the sky and when.

On the other hand, look at how many dashcams and security cameras recorded the explosions of meteors over Chelyabinsk and more recently near Boston. How are the aliens hiding from all of those cameras?
 

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom