• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

Trump's Second Term

Surely a breach of copyright?
From the article:
The two letters were handed to author and Inside Trump’s Head host Michael Wolff while he was writing his best-selling book, All or Nothing, which chronicled Trump’s 2024 campaign. It included extracts of the letters, and The New York Times later published shorter extracts from the same letters. [....]

Wolff said that the letters were “discovered by members of the staff” in the piles of printouts which Harp would deliver to Trump. They were photographed, and those images were in circulation among the campaign staff. [....]

Wolff said of the letters’ provenance. “I know who gave them to me. It comes from an extremely reliable source, and I know who saw the letters among the campaign, and there was no question these are what they are.”
The White House is trying to spin these letters as "fake news," without actually denying their authenticity.

It would be fun to see Natalie Harp or the White House complain about a breach of copyright while they're trying to get everyone to think the letters are fake.
 
I am not sure if this was you writing this as your own thoughts, quoting something you saw (without giving a reference) or you doing a parody of right-wing talking points. (The 'greatest president' part makes me think it was not real.) But I will respond as if it were real.

True, there were plenty of white sailors who acted bravely throughout the war. But there are a few issues in favor of naming it after Miller:
- He was already a known war figure/hero (thanks to things like depictions in the media). I have to admit, I had never heard of Finn until you brought him up. (I admit, reading up on him, he was just as much a hero as Miller.) But being a known figure means that, fair or not, you will be treated differently, and in this case he is seen as a bigger symbol of "american bravery"
- Miller was part of the navy at a time when black people were treated poorly. (There was segregation in the military and black people were not allowed to perform all tasks.) Still he joined up. At a time when he could have said "why should I fight for a country that treats me poorly" he decided to serve a country that didn't treat him well.


There are currently 3 active US carriers named after non-presidents. One was named after a former navy commander (Nimitz), two were named after political figures (Stenis, Vinson)

When you have a 'tradition' where you break the rules roughly 1/3 of the time, its not exactly a mandatory 'rule' that needs to be followed.

Normally, the majority of people enlist in the military for personal benefit (steady pay, educational/training opportunities, etc.) rather than some sort of patriotic duty. (I am not saying those serving in the military AREN'T patriotic, just that its not the main motivation for enlisting for most.)

If recuritment numbers are going up, it could be that people are looking at rising inflation and slowing job creation and thinking to themselves "I need to get in a safe, reliable job".
We need a sarcasm emoji!
 
You might have a point.

On the other hand, its hard to have much sympathy for anyone in the republican Klan given the way they have made Fauchi's diary public.
Yes, I criticised that, but it was at least an electronic diary on a government computer. The truly indefensible part with Fauci's diaries was releasing third party confidential medical information. At least with the Epstein files they made some effort to conceal identities of innocent parties.
 
I am not sure if this was you writing this as your own thoughts, quoting something you saw (without giving a reference) or you doing a parody of right-wing talking points. (The 'greatest president' part makes me think it was not real.) But I will respond as if it were real.
We need a sarcasm emoji!
Hey, I posted that I thought it "wasn't real". (Or at least the real beliefs of the original poster.)

But, I am sure the MAGAchud have made some if not all of those exact same points in other forums, so I thought it was worth dealing with the issues as if they were real.
 
I am not sure if this was you writing this as your own thoughts, quoting something you saw (without giving a reference) or you doing a parody of right-wing talking points. (The 'greatest president' part makes me think it was not real.) But I will respond as if it were real.

True, there were plenty of white sailors who acted bravely throughout the war. But there are a few issues in favor of naming it after Miller:
- He was already a known war figure/hero (thanks to things like depictions in the media). I have to admit, I had never heard of Finn until you brought him up. (I admit, reading up on him, he was just as much a hero as Miller.) But being a known figure means that, fair or not, you will be treated differently, and in this case he is seen as a bigger symbol of "american bravery"
- Miller was part of the navy at a time when black people were treated poorly. (There was segregation in the military and black people were not allowed to perform all tasks.) Still he joined up. At a time when he could have said "why should I fight for a country that treats me poorly" he decided to serve a country that didn't treat him well.


There are currently 3 active US carriers named after non-presidents. One was named after a former navy commander (Nimitz), two were named after political figures (Stenis, Vinson)

When you have a 'tradition' where you break the rules roughly 1/3 of the time, its not exactly a mandatory 'rule' that needs to be followed.

Normally, the majority of people enlist in the military for personal benefit (steady pay, educational/training opportunities, etc.) rather than some sort of patriotic duty. (I am not saying those serving in the military AREN'T patriotic, just that its not the main motivation for enlisting for most.)

If recuritment numbers are going up, it could be that people are looking at rising inflation and slowing job creation and thinking to themselves "I need to get in a safe, reliable job".
I should have said, they are a selection of comments from various post threads on X
 
On the other hand, its hard to have much sympathy for anyone in the republican Klan given the way they have made Fauchi's diary public.
Yes, I criticised that, but it was at least an electronic diary on a government computer. The truly indefensible part with Fauci's diaries was releasing third party confidential medical information.
They also were quite eager to post the contents of Hunter Biden's laptop.

I also seem to remember republicans also being eager to get their hands on Christine Ford's personal papers.
At least with the Epstein files they made some effort to conceal identities of innocent parties.
By "Some effort" do you mean "token effort"?

The DoJ made more effort to cover up mentions of Donald Trump than they did of Epstein victims.
 
I am not sure if this was you writing this as your own thoughts, quoting something you saw (without giving a reference) or you doing a parody of right-wing talking points. (The 'greatest president' part makes me think it was not real.) But I will respond as if it were real.
I should have said, they are a selection of comments from various post threads on X
I though it was something like that. (I doubt very much whether you really consider Trump to be the 'Greatest President")

Either that, or an outright parody.
 
So, in other words, he's going to flood the US market with discounted foreign beef imports and push out US cattle ranchers.

Donald J. Trump
@realDonald Trump

Today, I concluded a deal to substantially lower the price of ground beef for working American families.
As everyone knows, under President Biden, beef prices soared at their fastest rate and the American beef herd fell to its smallest size in modern history.
As we work to rebuild this herd and help our ranchers, for the next 90 days, the United States will allow up to 300,000 metric tons of product for ground beef to be imported with no out of quota tariff.
We have a commitment that this beef will be sold at 25 percent below current market prices.
This deal will reduce prices for Americans while giving space for our Great American Beef Herd to grow again.
Thank you for your attention to this matter!
President DONALD J. TRUMP
 
Surely a breach of copyright?

I am not sure her personal correspondence to her boss should be made public. This is not 'political'. The media should be careful about picking on little people. If she commits suicide ....
If they want their privacy, then Donald can retire and the two of them can run off to some private Caribbean island and do... well... whatever it is they want to do.
 
So, in other words, he's going to flood the US market with discounted foreign beef imports and push out US cattle ranchers.

Donald J. Trump
@realDonald Trump

Today, I concluded a deal to substantially lower the price of ground beef for working American families.
As everyone knows, under President Biden, beef prices soared at their fastest rate and the American beef herd fell to its smallest size in modern history.
As we work to rebuild this herd and help our ranchers, for the next 90 days, the United States will allow up to 300,000 metric tons of product for ground beef to be imported with no out of quota tariff.
We have a commitment that this beef will be sold at 25 percent below current market prices.
This deal will reduce prices for Americans while giving space for our Great American Beef Herd to grow again.
Thank you for your attention to this matter!
President DONALD J. TRUMP

Ground beef and circuses. 90 days of cheaper mince will win the mid-terms.
 
So, in other words, he's going to flood the US market with discounted foreign beef imports and push out US cattle ranchers.

Donald J. Trump
@realDonald Trump

Today, I concluded a deal to substantially lower the price of ground beef for working American families.
As everyone knows, under President Biden, beef prices soared at their fastest rate and the American beef herd fell to its smallest size in modern history.
As we work to rebuild this herd and help our ranchers, for the next 90 days, the United States will allow up to 300,000 metric tons of product for ground beef to be imported with no out of quota tariff.
We have a commitment that this beef will be sold at 25 percent below current market prices.
This deal will reduce prices for Americans while giving space for our Great American Beef Herd to grow again.
Thank you for your attention to this matter!
President DONALD J. TRUMP
It's going to take a lot longer than 90 days to fix U.S. beef herds, and subsidizing foreign ranchers to flood the market isn't going to help U.S. ranchers.

This is stupid, and par for the course for this corrupt group of bunglers.
 
Last edited:

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom