Blue Mountain
Resident Skeptical Hobbit
You ’ad it easy! I was strapped down to a table and a big guy ’eld me tongue with forceps while the nurse used a branding iron!Luxury! We had to suck it from a piece of damp cloth.
You ’ad it easy! I was strapped down to a table and a big guy ’eld me tongue with forceps while the nurse used a branding iron!Luxury! We had to suck it from a piece of damp cloth.
But any warnings people made about what would happen if he got in a second time was just fear mongering.
He can try to cancel the election but he won't succeed. People won't stand for it and the military's not gonna back him. There'll probably just be a lot of whining and lawsuits while the Democratic majority gets seated. Then they can move on to impeachment.I confess to downplaying how bad he was going to be, but I admitted that long ago.
I truly see no guardrails around him at all. If he decides to cancel the election result, even a SCOTUS ruling won't matter. Who's going to enforce their decision?
I hope you are right.He can try to cancel the election but he won't succeed. People won't stand for it and the military's not gonna back him. There'll probably just be a lot of whining and lawsuits while the Democratic majority gets seated. Then they can move on to impeachment.
Those who believe in the myth of the founding fathers as the source of US greatness will point out they did not believe that the POTUS should be appointed by a popular vote, but by a select group of white men appointed to represent the states. Nor did they believe in term limits. It is the corrupt Cuban Communists who have sought to weaken the US by introducing these things. I am sure the current supreme court can go back to the constitution and interpret as it was meant to be.He can try to cancel the election but he won't succeed. People won't stand for it and the military's not gonna back him. There'll probably just be a lot of whining and lawsuits while the Democratic majority gets seated. Then they can move on to impeachment.
To be fair, that is actually a slightly beneficial change he's proposing. And I would far prefer him to concentrate on things like that“People are sick and tired of having to change their clocks twice a year.”
Oh, the humanity!
Rather than this.To be fair, that is actually a slightly beneficial change he's proposing. And I would far prefer him to concentrate on things like that
I hope at least each agent is required to get shocked by it during their training so they know how powerful it is.Rather than this.
![]()
ICE plans to give officers gloves that can deliver painful electric shocks
Civil rights advocates expressed alarm, saying ICE officers already face criticism for their use of force with little oversight or accountability while enforcing President Donald Trump’s immigration crackdown.www.nbcnews.com
I can can imagine that there could be quite a few self inflicted shocks with that.
Daily weapon checking...on themselves.I hope at least each agent is required to get shocked by it during their training so they know how powerful it is.
I was hoping during urinationI hope at least each agent is required to get shocked by it during their training so they know how powerful it is.
Just have one of them hold the plumbing pipes outside...I was hoping during urination
The next step is universal Trump time, which will be based on Trump's watch.*Strangely, the sun doesn't follow your EO's, Donny. The days will get shorter in winter regardless.
It will be based on Shanghai time. And Donny will wonder why the sun hasn't cooperated.The next step is universal Trump time, which will be based on Trump's watch.*
*Which is not a Trump watch
You are not responsible for this, Congress is. All you'll be doing is signing it. There isn't anything this guy wouldn't steal credit for.
Donald Trump
@realDonaldTrump
For many years, the vast Majority of Americans have asked to make Daylight Saving Time permanent, but no Administration has been able to get it properly done, until now. I am proud to announce that the House of Representatives has passed the Bill, and it has now gone to the Senate for final approval. People are sick and tired of having to change their clocks twice a year. It is foolish, inconvenient and, in some cases, very costly. For Cities and States with Watchtowers, and hard to reach places, it costs Millions of Dollars. A recent case was made that it is also bad for your health in the anxiety it creates. Leading Medical, Crime, and Economic Studies have shown that ceasing the biannual time change, giving us one extra hour of natural sunlight in the evenings, will help Decrease Robbery and Murder Rates, Reduce Car Accidents (especially those involving Pedestrians!), Lower Risk for Cardiac Issues, Stroke, and Seasonal Depression, Make It Safer for Children to Walk Home from School, Increase Time with your Family, Strongly Support Extracurricular Activities, Be a Big Boost to Sports, Fitness, Tourism, Retail, and the Restaurant Industries (and more!), and Save Money on Energy Bills, because everyone will be enjoying an EXTRA HOUR OF DAYLIGHT. In other words, leave it as it is now, and never change again. This is an issue that Republicans, Dumocrats, and Independents can unite behind. I am asking Republican Senators to PASS THE SUNSHINE PROTECTION ACT, ASAP. Thank you for your attention to this matter! President DONALD J. TRUMP
Actually, that trip on the elevator from the plane down to the catering truck may have been the most dangerous part of it all.Putting him on a plane more likely to be a target is a bit of a stretch.
'Russian nesting doll of scandal’: New fallout from Trump’s secret flight (MS NOW on YouTube, Aug 13, 2026 – 8:36 min.)
Journalist Garrett Graff joins to discuss "the Russian nesting doll of scandal" within Trump’s decoy plane swap, including corner-cutting on presidential security, an attack on freedom of the press, and the ongoing risk of Trump's war with Iran.
‘Unconscionable’: Trump uses press and his own staff as decoys amid Iran threat (MS NOW on YouTube, Aug 13, 2026 – 8:48 min.)
Retired U.S. Navy Rear Admiral and former White House National Security Communications Adviser John Kirby joins MS NOW’s Jen Psaki to discuss Donald Trump’s claims that the United States has “complete control” over the Strait of Hormuz and new reporting for The Washington Post that the CIA questioned the credibility of Israeli intelligence about an Iranian threat to Trump that ultimately led to Trump’s secret flight out of Turkey last month.
Actually known or just a myth?I got the Salk vaccine pretty early in its career, because polio was a big deal then. I recall when the circus came to town in 1954, and there was no way we'd ever be allowed to attend, because circuses were a known vector for polio. I got the vaccine as soon as it became available. Later the same with the Sabin. I think it was 1960 or 61, and as soon as it was available, I got it. My recollection is that it was a two dose affair, with a sugar cube each time. ABout the only things I've not been vaccinated for are measles and chicken pox, because I got those when little, before there were vaccines. Had there been, I'd surely have gotten them, especially as I'm told the fever from the measles was high enough for delirium. But when there was a vaccine for anything, I likely got it, and still do. I am happy to be RFK's nightmare, as full of death as a drugstore.
Can you image how hard it is for his staffers to explain DST to him twice a year!?Trump can't tell the time. Every time period to him is two weeks.