• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

Trump's Second Term

Trump says he was pushed to get a dog when he was elected but rejected the idea.

“It’s not going to work for me… Every president's had a dog because they do it for votes. Some of them do it because they love the dog, probably most of would do it for votes… I thought it would look quite fake”

video in link
 
"They have new weapons, lasers. You're gonna see the lasers. They go into a laser, they just burn — VOOM."

"We have very special machine guns with large-scale bullets, operated by a computer and as they come in it just knocks them out, it's amazing!"

link
That was what Thatcher did during the Falklands conflict.
Well it wasn't a war.
We were removing invaders just from that particular territory.
We had no plans or intent to attack Argentina itself.
 
Donald is pulling troops out of Germany

The US Defence Department plans to withdraw 5,000 troops from Germany, amid a spat between President Donald Trump and German Chancellor Friedrich Merz over the war with Iran.

The decision comes a day after Trump criticised Merz, who suggested the US had been "humiliated" by Iranian negotiators.

In social media posts on Thursday, Trump said Merz was "doing a terrible job" and had "problems of all kinds", including on immigration and energy. Trump has also suggested pulling US troops from Italy and Spain.

Bye now. Safe home.
 
Donald says says the stock market under him has saved marriages:

One policeman told me my wife thought very little of me. She felt I wasn’t a man under the Biden administration

video in link
Fifth time, same baloney …
Trump says he was pushed to get a dog when he was elected but rejected the idea.

“It’s not going to work for me… Every president's had a dog because they do it for votes. Some of them do it because they love the dog, probably most of would do it for votes… I thought it would look quite fake”

video in link
Lucky dog !
 
Trump says he was pushed to get a dog when he was elected but rejected the idea.

“It’s not going to work for me… Every president's had a dog because they do it for votes. Some of them do it because they love the dog, probably most of would do it for votes… I thought it would look quite fake”

video in link

Dogs are good judges of character, he's probably right, a his own dog constantly snarling at him wouldn't look good.
 
Trump says he was pushed to get a dog when he was elected but rejected the idea.

“It’s not going to work for me… Every president's had a dog because they do it for votes. Some of them do it because they love the dog, probably most of would do it for votes… I thought it would look quite fake”

video in link
He's made the entire White House look "quite fake".
 
sometimes maths is just weird.

In the U.S., after 65 doctors can give a Medicare Wellness Test, which includes a portion on cognitive ability. At 76, I’ve had it numerous times.

The only math I recall is having to count backwards from 100 by 7’s. Nothing at all like what Trump is spouting, which I assume is made up. While I notice that with age it can be easier to get lost in chain calculations*, I can still stay focused enough to do that with no problem.


*One example. In flying, this might be a typical problem: “I have to descend from 15,000’ to 3,000’. Given I descend at 500 feet per minute, when should I begin descent?” Fairly straightforward. But after an extended time at altitude without supplemental oxygen, mild hypoxia can make even simple calculations like this frustratingly difficult. I assume that fog of hypoxia might closely resemble the loss of cognitive ability in some older folks.
 
Last edited:
"Screw you guys, I'm going home!"

While it might seem that way when taken in isolation...

He has learnt much from his phone calls to Putin.

And has very often worked to aid Putin. Withdrawing troops from Germany seems like it only really benefits Putin on a surface look, either way. Unfortunately, that means that Trump doing this may well be Trump working to pave the way for Putin's ambitions when he thinks that he can get away with it, for the nth time.
 
I still can't see how it's a threat/punishment for Germany to withdraw troops.
Sure, the local economy will suffer a bit, but only temporarily.
The US has massively reduced/consolidated bases in Germany since Reunification, and the spaces left vacant have been used to build houses.
And it's inevitable anyway, just a question of when not if.
 
Trump says he was pushed to get a dog when he was elected but rejected the idea.

“It’s not going to work for me… Every president's had a dog because they do it for votes. Some of them do it because they love the dog, probably most of would do it for votes… I thought it would look quite fake”

video in link
Plus he couldn't stand to have anything smarter than him in his home.
 
As a bit of another snapshot on an ongoing issue -

Trump flouts lower court rulings in unprecedented display of executive power

Really short version? The Trump Administration is refusing to comply with court rulings around 1/8 of the time. We already knew that their version of "Law and Order" was little more than a racist dogwhistle, but this does continue to confirm how little respect they actually have for Law and Order.
 

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom