• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

Trump's Second Term

What depresses me is that if the economy improves before November, or if this corrupt administration gaslights enough to convince lazy-ass voters that it has improved, there won't be enough motivation for said lazy-asses to get out and vote. We might believe that the mid-terms are about much more than the economy, but that's just us. It's frightening to contemplate; I hope it's just me being cynical.

right now the economy is held together by duct tape and a prayer
 
Ooooo how I'd love to infiltrate that Navy noot's next presser, if he ever has one,
and ask him, "Approximately how many loose screws do you have?"

Yes, his boyos would muscle-hustle me out pronto, and no, I wouldn't, at my age, try to
make it hard for them. But my leering grin would be caught on every camera, and the guffawing and
cheers of the assembled Fourth Estate recorded on every tape, and I betcha I'd garner
far more than just 15 minutes of fame.

Hey, what one guy can dream another guy can pull off. Right?
 
The largest military force in human history is in the hands of people who believe in witches.

Or, looked at another way, is in the hands of 'Christians' like Hegseth who know jack ◊◊◊◊ about Christianity except for one vital part; it's the thing they are and everyone else who ain't, is evil.
 
Not a cult

BREAKING: In a stunning turnaround, the founder of HOME DEPOT, who did not want to vote for President Trump, is shocking the business world.

He also opposed tariffs.

Now?

"I am SOLD on Trump."

"I think he's got a good shot at going down in history as one of our best presidents ever," Ken Langone said

HOST: "That is a REAL turnaround, because you didn't want to vote for him!"

LANGONE: "I'll tell you the reason...I'm a believer. What I'm seeing happening is absolutely nothing short of a great thing. And there's a beat. People are walking with more bounce...I think this guy is turning out to be a [great] president."

video in link
 
The largest military force in human history is in the hands of people who believe in witches.

This honestly doesn't concern me. Wicca is an official religion, after all. Or group of religions, rather. I'd be more concerned about someone who believed that they didn't exist. The believing in some form of magic part is pretty much par for the course for many religions, for that matter, and is thus plenty commonplace enough that it shouldn't cause outrage. The utterly moronic focus and accuracy of the guy, now, that's entirely worthy of derision.
 
First of all, disapproval NOW is irrelevant. He got 49.8% in the last election, higher than his current approval rating. Someone having regrets because they made a bad choice doesn't negate that they made a bad choice in the first place. WE (meaning many of the posters on this board) had access to the same information in previous elections that other people did, and still recognized that Trump would be a disaster
Secondly, even a voter didn't particularly want Trump to be president, how many people simply DID NOT VOTE? Or spoiled their ballot? Or voted 3rd party? Granted, they didn't actually support Trump in the previous election, but they looked at the 2 candidates, one of whom was a convicted felon who said he would "make America a dictatorship on day 1", and the other was a politician with no criminal convictions, who happened to be female, and said "I can't decide who to vote for"? If a person cannot make up your mind between fascism and democracy, they deserve part of the blame.
Now granted, not every American is to blame. Harris did get ~75 million votes in the 2024 election, so their are absolved. But there were ~245 million eligible voters. That means that 170 million Americans did not think Trump was bad enough to actually vote against. (They supported Trump, did not vote, spoiled ballot, etc.). Less than 1/3rd of Americans actually opposed Trump in a way that it mattered. If 2/3rds of the population are OK with fascism, you have a problem.
First of all, disapproval NOW is irrelevant. He got 49.8% in the last election, higher than his current approval rating. Someone having regrets because they made a bad choice doesn't negate that they made a bad choice in the first place. WE (meaning many of the posters on this board) had access to the same information in previous elections that other people did, and still recognized that Trump would be a disaster.

Secondly, even a voter didn't particularly want Trump to be president, how many people simply DID NOT VOTE? Or spoiled their ballot? Or voted 3rd party? Granted, they didn't actually support Trump in the previous election, but they looked at the 2 candidates, one of whom was a convicted felon who said he would "make America a dictatorship on day 1", and the other was a politician with no criminal convictions, who happened to be female, and said "I can't decide who to vote for"? If a person cannot make up your mind between fascism and democracy, they deserve part of the blame.

Now granted, not every American is to blame. Harris did get ~75 million votes in the 2024 election, so their are absolved. But there were ~245 million eligible voters. That means that 170 million Americans did not think Trump was bad enough to actually vote against. (They supported Trump, did not vote, spoiled ballot, etc.). Less than 1/3rd of Americans actually opposed Trump in a way that it mattered. If 2/3rds of the population are OK with fascism, you have a problem.
This is the last I'll say on this subject: I will not take the blame for Trump or his administration or what he's doing. I did not vote for him and I despise him. I did not 'stay home' and I was not apathetic.

In the last election, the vote was very close to being even at 49.8% to 48.3% so hardly a popular vote mandate. Put the damn blame on Trump voters or those who didn't bother to vote at all but not on ME and those of us who voted for Harris.

As I said, I won't respond to anyone putting me and others who didn't vote for Trump in the same "You all voted for Trump" bucket of paint.
 
Last edited:

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom