• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

Trump's Second Term

I would lay 100:1 odds that he shows up for it, citing some "war" emergency. He is not going to risk being laughed at again. (and having to appear for a couple hours in public, in his current state.)
(I'm not sure I laid my bet down correctly -- I'm saying it's highly unlikely he will show.)
He will show up late.
 
Wow, Trump and over 70% of high school graduates cannot do math



More:
Well, I would argue that that that is winning by 15 percentage points, or actually winning by 35%.

I would say that winning by 2:1 is a not winning by 50% but 100%
 
A country's people have to take responsibility for who gets elected. First time, shame on Trump, second time, shame on you.
That is stupid. ◊◊◊◊ you and others here with that attitude. Do you think ALL the people of Russia are responsible for Putin? Do you think ALL the people of Israel are responsible for Netanyahu?

I did not SERIOUSLY attack the people of the UK for Thatcher. My point was that in ANY democracy, there are many people who are NOT responsible for the leadership.

If you're really that stupid that you can't see that, you can go ◊◊◊◊ yourself. In 24 years here, this is the angriest I have been at any set of posters and their idiotic argument.
 
First of all, disapproval NOW is irrelevant. He got 49.8% in the last election, higher than his current approval rating. Someone having regrets because they made a bad choice doesn't negate that they made a bad choice in the first place. WE (meaning many of the posters on this board) had access to the same information in previous elections that other people did, and still recognized that Trump would be a disaster.

Secondly, even a voter didn't particularly want Trump to be president, how many people simply DID NOT VOTE? Or spoiled their ballot? Or voted 3rd party? Granted, they didn't actually support Trump in the previous election, but they looked at the 2 candidates, one of whom was a convicted felon who said he would "make America a dictatorship on day 1", and the other was a politician with no criminal convictions, who happened to be female, and said "I can't decide who to vote for"? If a person cannot make up your mind between fascism and democracy, they deserve part of the blame.

Now granted, not every American is to blame. Harris did get ~75 million votes in the 2024 election, so their are absolved. But there were ~245 million eligible voters. That means that 170 million Americans did not think Trump was bad enough to actually vote against. (They supported Trump, did not vote, spoiled ballot, etc.). Less than 1/3rd of Americans actually opposed Trump in a way that it mattered. If 2/3rds of the population are OK with fascism, you have a problem.
THAT I will agree with. There is a seriously freaking problem with the majority of Americans. The people who are apathetic are just as bad for democracy as MAGA. But not ALL Americans are responsible for MAGA. Trump got us here because of a large number of idiots manipulated by powerful people with a sick agenda, along with a Constitution that has saddled us with what may be the stupidest political system of any so-called "democracy." And unfortunately, because of this stupid 250 year old document that gave us a political system that at the time was designed to perpetuate slavery, there is no practical way to change that system; there will always be 13 states that will block any meaningful change.

In a few years, there won't be any United States of America. It's doomed to fail.
 
Last edited:
Some desperate apologists are claiming that all the bad stuff Trump is doing is because Witches are cursing him, and everyone just needs to prey and support him more.

If I believed the guy with the Nuclear Codes was under the spell of witches, I would depose him before I did anything else.
 
THAT I will agree with. There is a seriously freaking problem with the majority of Americans. The people who are apathetic are just as bad for democracy as MAGA. But not ALL Americans are responsible for MAGA. Trump got us here because of a large number of idiots manipulated by powerful people with a sick agenda, along with a Constitution that has saddled us with what may be the stupidest political system of any so-called "democracy." And unfortunately, because of this stupid 250 year old document that gave us a political system that at the time was designed to perpetuate slavery, there is no practical way to change that system; there will always be 13 states that will block any meaningful change.

In a few years, there won't be any United States of America. It's doomed to fail.
What depresses me is that if the economy improves before November, or if this corrupt administration gaslights enough to convince lazy-ass voters that it has improved, there won't be enough motivation for said lazy-asses to get out and vote. We might believe that the mid-terms are about much more than the economy, but that's just us. It's frightening to contemplate; I hope it's just me being cynical.
 
I do wish that any reporter, when this happens, would rip him a new one in response. Of course, that would cost them their job (and probably some intense retaliation) but at some point it needs to be said out in the open and not just eaten.
Tonight would be the perfect opportunity to let all of that out, at the White House Correspondents' Dinner. But apparently a lot of respectable media (read "not Conservative") are boycotting it. A shame, I'd really look forward to the barbs. But of course, The POSOTUS won't even show up. citing some emergency with the war he started or something. He (personally) can not take being laughed at.
 
Our new acting SecNav. I work out here at Lover's Point. No witches to be found.View attachment 70720
So I googled Lovers Point, looks like a nice stretch of coast with some tourists spots, not exactly dark and foreboding. From a quick read it sounds the renaming probably happened because it was bought by some rich guys who probably didn't want to put off the tourists by making it sound like a monastery.
 
Our new acting SecNav. I work out here at Lover's Point. No witches to be found.
... And how would you know whether the witches are there or not? Should one not trust the infinite wisdom of Trump picks and go on a witch hunt? Possibly with cookies. Also some candles, crystals, and ritual tools to aid in their spell casting?

The Wiccan rule of three is that what you give you will receive back threefold, after all, so it's pretty much a win-win to do so, right?
 
Last edited:
Some desperate apologists are claiming that all the bad stuff Trump is doing is because Witches are everyone is cursing him, and everyone just needs to prey and support him more.

If I believed the guy with the Nuclear Codes was under the spell of witches, I would depose him before I did anything else.

FTFY
 

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom