• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

Trump's Second Term

My husband and I watched "Nuremberg" last night...which I highly recommend. I've said before, and still say, that Trump's rise to power reminds me of how Hitler rose to power in Nazi Germany in the 1930's. After watching Nuremberg and, more specifically, the psychiatrist's interactions with Hermann Goering, I'm even more sure it. I see the same narcissistic mindset and belief that whatever they do, not matter how horrific, is not only justifiable, but necessary.
 
Unfortunately I'm not sure if even that would be enough. If the Billy Bush tapes didn't stop him, this won't either, the cult will just say he was joking or trolling and that he'd never admit something like that out loud if he'd really done it.
When that tape came out, I was sure that Trump was finished. I thought that no one, especially women, would be able to justify to themselves voting for someone like that. But I forgot just how stupid people can be. Sadly, that was reinforced when he was re-elected even after his "rigged election" nonsense and Jan. 6. There is literally no limit to just how stupid people can be.
 
15% now

Donald J. Trump
@realDonald Trump
Based on a thorough, detailed, and complete review of the ridiculous, poorly written, and extraordinarily anti-American decision on Tariffs issued yesterday, after MANY months of contemplation, by the United States Supreme Court, please let this statement serve to represent that I, as President of the United States of America, will be, effective immediately, raising the 10% Worldwide Tariff on Countries, many of which have been "ripping" the U.S. off for decades, without retribution (until I came along!), to the fully allowed, and legally tested, 15% level. During the next short number of months, the Trump Administration will determine and issue the new and legally permissible Tariffs, which will continue our extraordinarily successful process of Making America Great Again - GREATER THAN EVER BEFORE!!! Thank you for your attention to this matter.

President DONALD J. TRUMP
 
TRump's new tariffs are labeled "Temporary". A legal dodge which will be channlenged in court, and will probably end om anpother Supreme COurt rejection. I wonder if Trump will just out and out refuse to obey a Supreme Court ruling. That would be a huge consituitonal crisis.
 
And it is about time Congress tried to reclaim some powers it de facto delegeted to the President.
Both parties are to blame here. it has been going on for along time before TRump.
Fact is, Congress in the past has passed the buck on some contorversial issues to the White House just so they could avoid the heat.
 
Doesn't matter who he invited to his Bored of Piece, or even who shows up to the No-Grls-Alloud meetings. It's just a platform for him to bloviate on the world stage. It is the Kid Rock half-time alternative version of the United Nations.
 
Last edited:
That's nice of Trump for once. He's going to send a hospital ship to help the sick people of, where, Greenland?!

 

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom