• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

Split Thread Trickle-down economics

That is stupid when the potential harm is predictable, as it adds layers of discovery and litigation to the process, only benefiting companies with a big legal department.

It's doubly stupid in cases where harm is predictably unpredictable, like anything affecting water flow.

Musk just wants profits now, lawsuits and bribes later.
It's a familiar pattern
 
I do, but I'm a realist. Everything humans do has an impact on the environment. We have to balance that against the benefits we get from our activities. Environmental policies and regulations should strike a balance too. Elon Musk says regulations should focus on punishing infractions rather than preemptive regulation. I agree with that where the likely harm is small. Because Musk's companies started out with little or no experience and are innovating hard they have made some mistakes, but they are learning. The system is working.

You OTOH would cancel them because their record on the environment isn't spotless. I bet yours isn't either, but you're not cancelling yourself. Something else is going on here, and we all know what it is.

i’ll take that bet. present your evidence or retract your claim
 

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom