• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

Tony Szamboti vs. tfk Debate

Yeah, I'm new to Internet debates.
And should have read the Rulez more carefully.

And, waking up after being in a coffee shop until 3 am, at which time I read Tony's "objection" to my post, and ... oops responded to it ..., realized this morning that my second post over there probably violates Da Rulez, too.

Rocky start for the Home Team.
Ah, well.
LoL.
 
Last edited:
Yeah, I'm new to Internet debates.
And should have read the Rulez more carefully.

And, waking up after being in a coffee shop until 3 am, at which time I read Tony's "objection" to my post, realized this morning that my second post over there probably violates Da Rulez, too...

Rocky start for the Home Team.
Ah, well.
LoL.

No matter. Follow the rules, don't follow the rules, the end result will be the same. Tony declares victory while being woefully outmatched. This is the only way he can 'win' - by pissing and moaning about minutiae, and doing it on a forum that'll ban you as soon as it's clear he's out of his league.

Hell, I could win an honest debate on 9/11 against those people.
 
Yeah, I'm new to Internet debates.
And should have read the Rulez more carefully.

And, waking up after being in a coffee shop until 3 am, at which time I read Tony's "objection" to my post, and ... oops responded to it ..., realized this morning that my second post over there probably violates Da Rulez, too.

Rocky start for the Home Team.
Ah, well.
LoL.

who cares how long a post is, read faster tony

CD is a fantasy... rules, we don't need no stinkin tony rulz

Tony, aka the realcddeal, has three pieces of evidence against CD, and he does not know it.
 
Last edited:
Correct

http://conleys.com.au/smilies/clap.gif http://conleys.com.au/smilies/clap.gif

Tony - you and I have major differences BUT I support your stance - "a deal is a deal".

Another sign that you are not, and never have been, an engineer. You're a lawyer.

Lawyers care about things like word counts, agreements, (by god, they care about "agreements"), etc.

Engineers care about only one thing: correct answers.

Correct answers are NOT served by "word counts", "limited topics of discussion", "formalized rules of debate", etc.

Correct answers are served by clear, open, honest discussion ... of whatever topic is pertinent, and to what ever degree is needed to clarify a point.

So, here's a couple for you to stockpile ... :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

You might need them, if I get to 1004 words in a posting...
 
I sent this note to OWE at the911forum, this morning.

tfk said:
By Da Rulez of our debate, my second post is probably "out of bounds".

By way of explanation (not excuse), I'd been working for about 16 hours, it was 2 AM, and I'd just read Tony's reply to me, informing me that my post was over length. In all honesty, I'd thought we'd agreed to 1000 words/post on ALL posts. I'd missed the 500 word exception on the first post.

So, I wrote Tony a "mea culpa" apology note over at ISF.

He objected to my writing to him over there.
Why, I have no idea.

But, he doesn't want to have to bother to look over ther, so, I duplicated my response to him over here. So that he could find it easily.

This morning, I realized that this post likely violates Da Rulez, too.

Feel free to remove it.
I can't at this point.

From this point on, I will try to stay within the agreed upon Rulez.
And likely fail a bit, every once in awhile.

I've always advocated that the only thoughtful, intelligent response to "Stupid Rules" is to break them. If the masses of people obey Stupid Rules, it only encourages Stupid Politicians & Stupid Bureaucrats to enact more of them.

There is a fair chance that, from now on, all of my posts will be padded to 1001 to 1005 words.
 
Lawyers care about things like word counts, agreements, (by god, they care about "agreements"), etc.

Engineers care about only one thing: correct answers.

Correct answers are NOT served by "word counts", "limited topics of discussion", "formalized rules of debate", etc.

Correct answers are served by clear, open, honest discussion ... of whatever topic is pertinent, and to what ever degree is needed to clarify a point.

I couldn't agree more. But that begs the question, why are you bothering to have this debate in the first place?

Dave
 
It looks like we might lose the Mirror Thread, too.
It's hanging in the balance.
Mods decision shortly.

More Rulez...

Ah well...
 
<<snip>>
Strike 2
Lack of deceleration? Strike 2 out of the box. The collapse was following the momentum velocity and rate of a gravity collapse; lack of physics has the realcddeal making up BS about 9/11.
<<snip>>

While true, that's broad. Has Tony ever acknowledged that the resolution and frame rate of the video would make it impossible to see any decrease in velocity? That renders any claim of deceleration or lack thereof unscientific by definition. I'm guessing not, because he'd have to withdraw his paper(s) on the so-called missing jolt.
 
While true, that's broad. Has Tony ever acknowledged that the resolution and frame rate of the video would make it impossible to see any decrease in velocity? That renders any claim of deceleration or lack thereof unscientific by definition. I'm guessing not, because he'd have to withdraw his paper(s) on the so-called missing jolt.
The point is moot because the mechanism he uses (Bazant) never happened. There was no block on block collision causing the columns to fail.
 
I couldn't agree more. But that begs the question, why are you bothering to have this debate in the first place?

Dave

For exactly the same reasons that I've written about this for about 10 years now:

It bothers me greatly that the competent engineers have left this discussion, abandoning younger generations to the woo & stupidity of people like Tony & Gage. I think that my profession has an obligation to the next generations, that they are neglecting. (That was exactly my purpose in intending to go to the AIA show. But that little fiasco generated a really positive idea. Still germinating, but I think that it'll be worthwhile.)

To try to help non-engineers better understand the engineering arguments. And clarify for them the absurd flaws in Tony's arguments.

Because these Truther clowns have taken the field that I love (mechanical engineering) and with clueless ignorance, have attempted to twist it, and abuse it, and turn it out on the street as a "money making" object. I feel about the same about them as I would about a pimp who'd turned some woman that I cared about into a crack whore. (A little strong, but just by the tiniest amount.)

I don't care very much about the clueless idiots with zero engineering knowledge, like 99% of the Truthers. I DO care about the tiny percent that do have some pertinent training ... and have still gone down the Rabbit Hole.

And I care greatly that these idiots are using technobabble to mislead the technically unsophisticated. And it is my belief that they are doing so for only two reasons:

  1. politics. They hated the GWB administration or US's involvement in foreign politics.
  2. the ego boost that they get from the adoring, clueless youngsters that think that they are "wonderful".

To me, these clowns are exactly like doctors who start advocating (aka, selling books about) "healing crystals & auras", or physicists who write books that "quantum physics proves psychic abilities" idiocy. They are betraying their own education, and all their real teachers.

I invited Chandler to come here & debate. He refused. I invited that obstinate, clueless kid from Texas (Derek something or other) who was their champion for a short while.

Tony is a mechanical engineer. He SHOULD be able to figure out the simple things that baffle him so regularly. He constantly confuses trivial concepts, such as the difference between "reduced acceleration" with "deceleration".

When we were discussing some tech point, a couple of years ago, he repeatedly asserted that the stationary foundation of the WTC towers had been "accelerating at 32.2 ft/sec2 for the 30 years between construction & destruction of the towers." These are both high school concepts that he gets wrong.

His missing jolt nonsense is only slightly more complicated: freshman college physics.

And all of the above is easily explained. To anyone who wants to listen, of course.

So, I hope to put a clear explanation of where his "Theories" fall apart in one location. It'll be more concise & clearer, without all the other noise.

Finally, it'll be very refreshing to require him to address my arguments for a change, and not just run away from them.
 
Last edited:
...
It bothers me greatly that the competent engineers have left this discussion, abandoning younger generations to the woo & stupidity of people like Tony & Gage. ...
CD is a fantasy, no need to discuss fantasy with idiots like Gage.

We are seeing the Internet, where woo is visible. 30 years ago this BS would be nearly invisible. The Internet has idiots thinking their delusions are valid due to idiots like Gage running a scam at best, or complete insanity at worse.

CD is the most insane claim made about 9/11. How do you discuss idiotic claims with insane people in person? You are nice to them, and let their delusions remain unchallenged so they don't go McVeigh or Boston Bomber on rational people.
 
Last edited:
I didn't take the time to read Steven Jones's 1st or 2nd papers. Didn't know he had a 3rd. Doesn't really matter though, does it? There's nothing in them that would account for explosives surviving the impact.

Nor do they tie in the entire day's events.

Thus, debate stupid.

They were all just re edits of his first when he was caught lying he took out the obvious lies.
 
Thank you for so economically presenting your argument for incredulity-based thinking Noah.

He didn't miss much I caught the first paper and actually called and talked to the Looney Tooney while he was still at BYU. Took years to wash that conversation out of my head.
 
My opening statement did contain mention of three big pieces of evidence for controlled demolition...


Just to let you know there is no visual, audio, seismic or hardware evidence for controlled demolition, and experts have concurred.


...with the free fall in WTC 7,


Apparently, it took 17 seconds for WTC 7 to collapse, and that is not free fall speed.


...lack of deceleration in WTC 1,...


Let's take a look at the following video.


WTC Collapse Video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qLShZOvxVe4


You will have noticed there was no sound of demolition explosions as those buildings collapsed.


...and molten metal in the rubble of the collapsed buildings.


The molten metal was aluminum from uncontrolled fires, and I might add that explosives and thermite do no leave behind molten metal for days, weeks, much less, months.
 
In that case, let me help you out by posting links that I am very sure will FILL you with excitement.


Richard Gage Thermite Debunked Part 1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bDiAlMIJ8A4


Richard Gage caught lying about finding thermite part 2

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M4HmDwAoeOY


Richard Gage caught lying about thermite Part 3

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ago6d6jWtpk
What you consider credible amazes me.

Do you plan your day based on your horoscope? Do you consider fortune cookies to be credible?
 
What you consider credible amazes me.

Do you plan your day based on your horoscope? Do you consider fortune cookies to be credible?


No!

Now, if I want to substitute fiction and fantasy with reality, I would just simply join the 9/11 Truth Movement. You said that you get excited when someone lies to you, so I posted videos of Richard Gage lying and thought his lies on video would be enough to get you really excited.
 
Last edited:
No!

Now, if I want to substitute fiction and fantasy with reality, I would just simply join the 9/11 Truth Movement. You said that you get excited when someone lies to you, so I posted videos of Richard Gage lying and thought his lies on video would be enough to get you really excited.
Post the exact time where you claim he lies.
 

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom