Mender... really. I can run rings around your math skills.
No, it is not 300gram .
Really, humber, a statement from you that you can do something is not proof that you can. And showing an incorrect answer and saying it is not right is not a proof - 3000 grams isn't right either; anybody can make guesses. Showing that you can solve a problem like this however is a proof that you understand the physics and the math and also apply the necessary logic.
That will not be useful. The real load on the tires is much higher than that.
Rolling and load resistance are complicated, and variable.
They use 2 or 3 sets in an F1 race.
Seeing that one of the things I do for a living is crew chief for a team that runs in a national racing series, I dare say my "car" skills and knowledge and understanding of the dynamics involved will literally run circles around yours.
The simplest but entirely incorrect assumption, is to make that 1mph/"unit of drag"?
The entirely wrong the answer you seek may be:
So drum roll.......one unit of drag = 100grms.?
Is that what you mean?
Terrible, Mender.
(1)You are trying to plot a velocity/force profile, based on two data points, and on the assumption that you already know it. Not logical.
You still no not know the correct answer, because you do not know that load line.
Well, so far you haven't impressed me with either your logic, math or understanding of physics. All three are required to get the correct answer, and all three are required to understand how the cart works.
Your guesses aren't any better. Really, all the information needed to come up with the right answers is there. If I haven't stated it clearly enough I'll gladly clarify, but the blanks are in your understanding, not my question. It does require that you demonstrate your knowledge of the physics of what we've been talking about for the last 5000 posts, so I'm pretty sure that you won't get the right answer.
I'll give you a clue though. Read your objection #1 again. I don't need to know the answer to get it, in fact I started with the same information that you did and worked it out. The actual numbers are insignificant. The concept that they convey isn't.
"A fishing reel with lots of line is attached by a scale to the ground. The other end of the fishing line is attached to a sail cart. The sail cart with a fishing line attached to it is released in a 10 mph wind. It reaches 9 mph, losing 1 mph because of rolling resistance.
You apply the brake on the fishing reel to slow the cart down to 8 mph and read the amount of pull (force) on the scale. Let's say it reads 100 grams. Based on these numbers, what is the rolling resistance of the cart when it is traveling at 9 mph in a 10 mph wind?
Now you slow the cart to 6 mph. What is the reading on the scale now?"