Gamolon
Master Poster
- Joined
- Dec 6, 2006
- Messages
- 2,702
These guys use the term rigid body in this article:
http://www.luxinzheng.net/publication3/FEM_DEM_CSE09.htm
I must be confused Heiwa. I see the term "rigid body" used all the time when people are talking about structural analysis, but I fail to see you explain how and when the term should be used. You say Bazant is wrong for using it to describe the upper part of the WTC tower.
How should the term be used in a structural sense? What structural designs can the term be used to describe when performing calculations?
http://www.luxinzheng.net/publication3/FEM_DEM_CSE09.htm
I suppose they are wrong also?In this model, every floor is a rigid body without rotation displacement and the adjacent stories are connected with an axial spring and a shear spring.
I must be confused Heiwa. I see the term "rigid body" used all the time when people are talking about structural analysis, but I fail to see you explain how and when the term should be used. You say Bazant is wrong for using it to describe the upper part of the WTC tower.
How should the term be used in a structural sense? What structural designs can the term be used to describe when performing calculations?