• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

TAM 9 Workshops

AdMan

Penultimate Amazing
Joined
Feb 10, 2010
Messages
10,293
More details have been announced regarding this year's workshops.

Last year (my first TAM) I didn't arrive until Thursday and so missed that day's workshops, and only made it to the "Grassroots Skepticism" one on Sunday.

This year, I got the all-workshop pass, and although I may change my mind, these are the ones I will probably attend:

Thursday
  • 9:00-10:45AM - Defending Evolution in the Classroom and Beyond
  • 11:00-12:45PM - Investigating Monster Mysteries (I would love to attend the other one at this time on "medical mythology," but I missed Ben Radford's monster workshop at Dragon*Con so want to go to this one)
  • 2:00-3:45PM - Problems in Paranormal Investigation (I always enjoy Joe Nickell)
  • 4:00-5:45PM - Advancing Skepticism Online (sounds like an interesting topic)

I am not interested in Sunday's workshops.

Which workshops is everyone looking forward to attending?
 
I'm doing these (I too have the pass):

Optional Workshop 2: Defending Evolution in the Classroom and Beyond (because of Genie Scott)

Optional Workshop 4: Oh, No. Not Again!: Recurring Themes in Medical Mythology (because of Novella, Gorski & Hall)

Optional Workshop 6: How to Effectively Create and Manage a Campaign of Grassroots Skepticism (because of Maria)

Optional Workshop 8: Advancing Skepticism Online (because of Tim Farley)

I too have no interest in Sunday's offerings. I'll be unwinding in the bar.
 
Last edited:
I'm doing these (I too have the pass):

Optional Workshop 2: Defending Evolution in the Classroom and Beyond (because of Genie Scott)

Optional Workshop 4: Oh, No. Not Again!: Recurring Themes in Medical Mythology (because of Novella, Gorski & Hall)

Optional Workshop 6: How to Effectively Create and Manage a Campaign of Grassroots Skepticism (because of Maria)

Optional Workshop 8: Advancing Skepticism Online (because of Tim Farley)

I too have no interest in Sunday's offerings. I'll be unwinding in the bar.


Interesting; I'll probably be going to the same sessions, though for different reasons. I'm not overly interested in how to deal with creationism as that's not a big problem here, so I'd normally opt for the UFO session; however, I saw James McGaha last year and I don't think I could take any more. :) For the others, I'm going for the sessions with the most practical application for me, and on Sunday I'm planning to go on the Red Rocks outing (otherwise I might opt for the session on Spirituality).
 

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom