• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

Still a republican, Version 2

Are you (still) a Republican (USA folks, of course)

  • I was, I am.

    Votes: 7 30.4%
  • I was, I'm not.

    Votes: 5 21.7%
  • I never was, but now I am.

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Never was, not now.

    Votes: 9 39.1%
  • Debunk and Ed live on Planet X

    Votes: 2 8.7%

  • Total voters
    23

jj

Penultimate Amazing
Joined
Oct 11, 2001
Messages
21,382
So, I would like to add more options to the poll.

See poll.
 
Is there a specific timeframe you are thinking about? Yes, my political views now are very different from what they were when I was in college 20 years ago.
 
This topic brings to mind something Mark Twain once said about his demise being reported either prematurely, or in an exaggerated fashion.
 
This topic brings to mind something Mark Twain once said about his demise being reported either prematurely, or in an exaggerated fashion.


Agreed. I think the death of the GOP is being greatly overhyped. I think it will be the minority party for the next few years, but eventually they will come back.
There is a pattern for parties that suffer horrid defeats: At first they almost always go "Back To Basics" and decide they lost because they were too moderate, and so swing heavily to the left or the right, depending on which party, and suffer another shellacking in the next couple of election. Generally THEN they begin to see they have lost the all important centrist vote and begin to make adjustments.
My own preditiction, the GOP will swing heavily to the right, not do well in the Midterms and lose badly in 2012,begin to recover in the 2014 midterms, and maybe although they might not win, will make a real race of it in 2016.
All this is assuming that the economy recovers and the Dems don't totally screw up for the next few years, and it's the second term of Obama where they begin making mistakes..which is also a historical precedent: Second terms is where the screw ups take hold.
 

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom