• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

So Newt's in Freefall

I believe it basically means "a waste of time" or "pointless lol.

I think that's how Robrob meant it to be taken, but I don't think that's what it actually means. (Although I can see how it could be misconstrued to that end.)

According to Webster "a wash" is a situation in which losses and gains or advantages and disadvantages balance each other. Another dictionary defines it as an action or enterprise in which losses and gains cancel out.

-Bri

That's the meaning as I know it. Miss Alabama's ten points for congeniality and one point for photogenic cancels out Miss Oklahoma's nine points for evening gown and two points for talent, and they both got seven points for the swimsuit competition - it's a wash.
 
Darat is just commenting on the American drive for excellence and supremacy. Every nation has incompetent politicians, but this is America, doggonnit! We must have the most incompetent politicians!

But surely there must be some country where politicians are respected and revered for thier dedicated and tireless devotion to civil service?
 

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom