JoeTheJuggler
Penultimate Amazing
- Joined
- Jun 7, 2006
- Messages
- 27,766
jmcvann, are you saying that the "torture memos" recently released by the Obama administration, don't sufficiently explain who knew what, and when, in the cases to which they pertain?
I don't think they do. Since they've been released, we've had several other news stories about who knew what and when. Disclosures that didn't come from the memos themselves.
I think it's a good question. How did it go so far?
I think there are a number of answers, but I think we really need an in-depth investigation, or rather investigations.
I think each alleged incident (especially the deaths where we've got autopsy evidence of torture) should be investigated more or less from the bottom up.
At the same time, I think the big picture should be investigated from the top down. How do Bush's lawyers defend their outrageous re-definition of torture as only being about pain that is equivalent to organ failure, loss of bodily function and death? How can anyone consider that a reasonable legal interpretation that one could base policy decisions on?