TimCallahan
Philosopher
- Joined
- Mar 11, 2009
- Messages
- 6,293
Judge Richard Cebull of Montana forwarded the following joke on his official e-mail:
“A little boy said to his mother, ‘Mommy, how come I’m black and you’re white? His mother replied, ‘Don’t even go there Barack! From what I can remember about that party, you’re lucky you don’t bark!”
He has since apologized profusely to President Obama. However, even leaving aside the racism and sexism implicit in the joke, should someone who behaves in such a rash manner be a federal judge? In my opinion he should resign.
“A little boy said to his mother, ‘Mommy, how come I’m black and you’re white? His mother replied, ‘Don’t even go there Barack! From what I can remember about that party, you’re lucky you don’t bark!”
He has since apologized profusely to President Obama. However, even leaving aside the racism and sexism implicit in the joke, should someone who behaves in such a rash manner be a federal judge? In my opinion he should resign.